Hamza86

Will the new poverty guidelines be applicable to the people whose interview has already been scheduled?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/15/2019 at 7:54 PM, Red001 said:

What talking about the curent tax return 2017 right??

Correct. Current tax year is 2017. 2018 taxes aren't due until mid-April

On 3/15/2019 at 10:34 PM, usmsbow said:

We're in 2019 now, so the most recent return for many of us would be 2018. 

But the most current year filed is 2017. 2018 taxes aren't due until mid-April.

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

4 hours ago, Hamza86 said:

If i file two i864s it will be rejected by CO as the house hold member himself is the join sponsor. i confirmed this from uscis. Also confirmed it from people who got rejected becoz they didnt submit i864a

Well then follow my original advice. There is no where to input the Co-sponsor's household size on the I864a but it must be disclosed. 

How would the household size for the intending immigrant and the Co-sponsor's household size be any different if they live together?

Edited by K1visaHopeful

On 3/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

You're issue is a complicated one and you keep getting stuck on things that are irrelevant.

Essentially your wife is not going to be considered a financial sponsor AT ALL because she has no income at all but USCIS still requires her to be financially responsible for you as her husband which is why she is the original sponsor on the I864 and is bound by the legal implications of it. It is the DAD'S income alone that is being considered ENTIRELY as the income reported on the I864 so the household size that must be disclosed on her I864 is HIS HOUSEHOLD size. The dad, dad's wife and kids would be claimed in Part 5 Question 7 as "4". 

Her income would be $0 in Part 6 Question 7 and Dad would be listed in Part 6 Question 8.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.