Boiler

Kicking of in NZ

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Unidentified said:

Apparently, New Zeeland is now going to ban assault weapons.  A lot more than that needs to happen. These kinds of people need to lose their platform for hate, companies like Youtube and Twitter needs to be quicker about removing these kinds of people. I am sorry but encouraging hate and encouraging hurting people is not protected under free speech so don't even try to start that argument. 

Our world is going bonkers. 

So those people who had a go at Chelsea Clinton should be banned?

The worst atrocities I can think of in my life time were mainly carried out with machetes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Nope, getting used to it is not the answer. Take away their platforms to spread hate, let them know this ####### is not accepted and stop protecting this under "free speech". 

Happened before social media, I do admit that the Twitter etc business model seems unsustainable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Nope, getting used to it is not the answer. Take away their platforms to spread hate, let them know this ####### is not accepted and stop protecting this under "free speech". 

Unfortunately, these haters will always find a way, but I do agree, FB and Twitter has made it easier

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Would be nice if someone came up with a definition.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Definition of what? 

What is Hate Speech?

What are we banning?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Not sure why these events always get politicized. No politics(on either side) excuse such horrid attacks against innocent people in their place of worship. We can argue about immigration, religious or territorial conflicts, terrorism, racism, but there's simply no place for acts like these. I hope he never sees the light of day.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, Boiler said:

A concept AOC would not comprehend.

Is there any concept that she does comprehend?

11 hours ago, jg121783 said:

I previously thought she was just lacking in brain density.

Hence the Occasional Cortex.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
19 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I just realized your avatar pic, looks like AOC

Ms Monkey is coming over to stuff the VJ Terms of Service somewhere...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, Boiler said:

What is Hate Speech?

What are we banning?

Definition of hate speech according to google: abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.

You can find pretty much the same in Visa Journe's TOS. 

Timeline

VJ Mods are going to be busy.

Just not sure banning the Koran is practical, obviously that would just be the start, wonder what Religion could survive that scrutiny? What Political Party? What news organisation.

No more Orange Mango, might be easier to list what is allowed. Perhaps we need that Chinese Social Credit system.

The big problem of course is who decides, we can not expect those who do to be of the same level as VJ Mods.

CNN just showed the Chelsea clip, Tiab is on commenting and obviously deflected and did not condemn the hate speech directed at Chelsea. Apparently calling out  Antisemitism is anti Muslim bias? That is what she said. Pretty soft interviewing but she is hanging herself. Apparently Ilhan should get a pass as she is higher up the SJW list, being Black and Muslim.

Perhaps these Politico's who call out hate speech should lead by example?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

VJ Mods are going to be busy.

Just not sure banning the Koran is practical, obviously that would just be the start, wonder what Religion could survive that scrutiny? What Political Party? What news organisation.

No more Orange Mango, might be easier to list what is allowed. Perhaps we need that Chinese Social Credit system.

The big problem of course is who decides, we can not expect those who do to be of the same level as VJ Mods.

CNN just showed the Chelsea clip, Tiab is on commenting and obviously deflected and did not condemn the hate speech directed at Chelsea. Apparently calling out  Antisemitism is anti Muslim bias? That is what she said. Pretty soft interviewing but she is hanging herself. Apparently Ilhan should get a pass as she is higher up the SJW list, being Black and Muslim.

Perhaps these Politico's who call out hate speech should lead by example?

I am not even talking about Visa Journey mods and rules on here... 🙄 And why would we ban the Quran? If we need to go that far we would have to ban the Bible as well. 

Ihlan just said what no one else dared to say and getting support from Jews. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

I am not even talking about Visa Journey mods and rules on here... 🙄 And why would we ban the Quran? If we need to go that far we would have to ban the Bible as well. 

Ihlan just said what no one else dared to say and getting support from Jews. 

You said you wanted to ban all hate speech, I assume it includes the written form.

And as I said I was not sure where we stop. Or who decides where we stop.

Antisemitism has been a bit of a taboo subject during my lifetime. Not sure nobody else has dared to say, might have gone down but certainly not disappeared. By your very own definition what she said is hate speech. 

Edited by Boiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Never mind......I missed some earlier posts.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You said you wanted to ban all hate speech, I assume it includes the written form.

And as I said I was not sure where we stop. Or who decides where we stop.

Antisemitism has been a bit of a taboo subject during my lifetime. Not sure nobody else has dared to say, might have gone down but certainly not disappeared. By your very own definition what she said is hate speech. 

Where have I said I want to ban hate speech? The only post I have mentioned the word "ban" was to inform that NZ is banning assault weapons. You are the one talking about banning hate speech. I only said Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook needs to take their responsibility and limit their access to spreading hate.