Boiler

Kicking of in NZ

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

Exactly. This guys writings suggest he has right wing and left wing views. I don't think he was right wing or left wing. Just crazy.

but he used a gun, so all the usual people are being hammered.......NRA, gun rights advocates....even Chelsea Clinton is being criticized because a tweet about Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota).........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Bizarre moment Chelsea Clinton is berated by Muslim NYU students who blame HER for New Zealand mosques attack because she 'incited an Islamophobic mob' against Rep Ilhan Omar

Chelsea Clinton tried to attend a vigil at New York University on Friday

Students berated her and said her words had inspired attack in New Zealand

White nationalist shooter killed 49 people at two mosques in Christchurch

NYU students said that Clinton had inspired 'Islamophobic mob' with her words

Was referring to Clinton's criticism of Muslim Rep. Ilhan Omar last month

Clinton accused Omar of using 'anti-Semitic tropes' in her language about Israel 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6815797/Chelsea-Clinton-berated-Muslim-students-blame-New-Zealand-mosques-attack.html

Whatever you think of Chelsea this sort of thing plays right into the hands of the shooter.

Maybe the Dems will also learn that no amount of appeasement  is ever enough

11 minutes ago, missileman said:

but he used a gun, so all the usual people are being hammered.......NRA, gun rights advocates....even Chelsea Clinton is being criticized because a tweet about Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota).........

I am sure the NRA does not have much influence in NZ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Maybe the Dems will also learn that no amount of appeasement  is ever enough

I am sure the NRA does not have much influence in NZ

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., mocked the tendency to resort to prayer in the face of tragedy after 49 people were killed at mosques in New Zealand on Friday and even suggested the phrase “thoughts and prayers” was devised by the NRA to distract from the issue of gun violence."

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was a bit blury when I posted this but new how the usual suspects were going to play it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 minutes ago, missileman said:

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., mocked the tendency to resort to prayer in the face of tragedy after 49 people were killed at mosques in New Zealand on Friday and even suggested the phrase “thoughts and prayers” was devised by the NRA to distract from the issue of gun violence."

She like others sometimes don't realize that silence is the best response. Regardless your beliefs, as to your opinion, they are not always warranted or wanted. She would have been better served with polite silence

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

She like others sometimes don't realize that silence is the best response. Regardless your beliefs, as to your opinion, they are not always warranted or wanted. She would have been better served with polite silence

A concept AOC would not comprehend.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

A concept AOC would not comprehend.

or sadly enough our President. I love his policies but he could be way more effective without the bombastic tweets 

Timeline

An interesting video on the implosion from someone on the left.

3 hours ago, missileman said:

NZ just needs more restrictive gun laws. Oh wait...

3 hours ago, missileman said:

What a disgusting insensitive thing to say. I previously thought she was just lacking in brain density. This type of comment shows she also has no heart. What a vile person.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, jg121783 said:

Exactly. This guys writings suggest he has right wing and left wing views. I don't think he was right wing or left wing. Just crazy.

I thing WINGNUT is a more apt description of this guy.  As is terrorist and murderer.  Death penalty is how you fix problems like he has.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

NZ just needs more restrictive gun laws. Oh wait...

What a disgusting insensitive thing to say. I previously thought she was just lacking in brain density. This type of comment shows she also has no heart. What a vile person.

"Thoughts and prayers" is such a woefully inadequate phrase that has been overused far too long, in my opinion.  It is most often used when one does not truly know the person's involved, and cannot grasp the horror and sorrow the victims and their families are undergoing.   

At the same time, what DOES one say at a time like this?  Respectful silence is probably wise, but conveys no evidence of the personal outrage that is ongoing.  So we as humans want to say SOMETHING.  We wish to Express our sorrow or anger or whatever strong emotion over the horrible acts performed by an inhuman being.  We want our voices to unite against the soulless individual who finds pleasure (or at least a lack of caring) in taking a life or lives without remorse.

Like any normal human being, I want to cry out against this atrocity.   I want to see justice done.  There is no doubt in my mind that every single person here in CEHST who may disagree with some of my political views, who may even think I am callous and perhaps soulless, feels exactly the same way I do about the shooting.

But I cannot empathize properly with the families of the victims, because thankfully I have never had to deal directly with a horror of this .magnitude that affected my circle of friends or family.  No words I can say will come anywhere CLOSE to providing the answers or solace that the survivors of this event need right now.  A silent hug, the universal gesture of support,  would be the best, hut alas, I am unable to provide it (though I gladly would) due to my location.

It really upsets me that people like this murderer exist today.  My simple mind cannot FATHOM what it must be like to take innocent lives in this horrible manner.  The heart-wrenching sadness and sorrow that is sown, the devastation to families.  I am not ashamed to admit that even as I type this, tears are falling because I am sickened by this tragedy (and others in the past like it); I may not have a direct relationship with the families who have been torn apart, but I try to think about how they feel today.  How I would feel if it were my family in the line of fire, or even one of my friends here in CEHST.  

Yes, sometimes respectful silence is more appropriate than any well-intended words that fall so short of conveying our feelings.  Among other things, AOC is a spoiled, immature human right now.  I'll just leave it at that.  Sadly, she will probably grow into an adult who knows better one day because of what she will experience and see in her lifetime, as we all have.

As for me, I am going to shut up now, try to shake the overwhelming sadness at this travesty, and reflect on how precious life is.  Call my dad and tell him I love him.  Ditto my wife.  Yes, life is precious,  as are all the people in it.  Today I shall spend in respectful silence for the families of this tragedy, but I shall let my family and friends know I love and appreciate them.  

Timeline

All I can say is get used to it.

I am no social scientist but I have a keen interest in history and can think of no historical example where this somewhat odd social exercise we are going through has ever worked.

What is happening more and more frequently is an inevitable consequence, it is the human condition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Apparently, New Zeeland is now going to ban assault weapons.  A lot more than that needs to happen. These kinds of people need to lose their platform for hate, companies like Youtube and Twitter needs to be quicker about removing these kinds of people. I am sorry but encouraging hate and encouraging hurting people is not protected under free speech so don't even try to start that argument. 

Our world is going bonkers. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

All I can say is get used to it.

I am no social scientist but I have a keen interest in history and can think of no historical example where this somewhat odd social exercise we are going through has ever worked.

What is happening more and more frequently is an inevitable consequence, it is the human condition.

Nope, getting used to it is not the answer. Take away their platforms to spread hate, let them know this ####### is not accepted and stop protecting this under "free speech".