LiamT7

[K1 Question] Just received NOA2. Want to make sure I understand what will happen next.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all!

We received the NOA2 about a week and a half ago, I just want to make sure I understand the next steps.

Here is what I believe is next:

1. Until the application has left the NVC, we will not hear anything. When it does leave the NVC, we will receive notification of this and receive the case number. I understand that in the meantime, we can call the NVC to get the case number prior to receiving the letter.
  2. Once it gets to the London Embassy, I (the beneficiary) will receive notification of this and the next steps. I assume this will include information on how to pay the visa fee and how to book both the medical and the interview.
  3. I pay the visa fee and book the medical and the interview.
  4. I make sure I have the following information:
    1. Passport with at least 6 months left before expiry
    2. 2 photos that meet Department of State requirements
    3. Birth certificate (I have a certified copy)
    4. Police certificate
    5. Form I-134, Affidavit of Support (As my Fiancé is at university and does not meet the income requirements, I have a form filled out by her as it is required for the petitioner to fill one out, but I also have one filled out by her mother to meet the income requirements)
    6. $265 ready for the Visa Fee
    7. Vaccination proof (Question about this below)
    8. 4 photos that meet Department of State requirements for the medical
    9. £330 for the medical exam
    10. A printed copy of DS-160 completion confirmation
    11. A complete copy of the initial application (I-129F)
    12. Copy of Form I-797C and Form I-797 (NOA1 & NOA2)
    13. Proof of ongoing relationship.
  5. Go for the medical exam, and then wait at least 5 working days for the results to get to the Embassy before having my interview
  6. Go to the interview.
  7. Get Approved (Hopefully)
  8. Wait around 1 week to receive the Visa and have the passport returned

Questions:

Vaccinations;

I was born in Greece (I only have British Citizenship though), and the vaccinations I had are on the vaccination proof, however, they are missing the batch numbers. I read on another post that the medical requires the vaccination proof to also have the batch numbers on all vaccinations. Can anybody verify if this is the case? I am going to my doctors soon anyway to make sure I have all of them as I don't fully understand how to compare the letter from my doctor to the vaccination chart provided by the Embassy.

Medical History;

Do I have to get my full medical history for when I go to the medical?

Am I missing or misinformed about anything? I appreciate your time, I will be writing posts about my experiences at the interview and medical in case anybody would like to read them in the future.

Thank you all!

Liam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, LiamT7 said:

Once it gets to the London Embassy, I (the beneficiary) will receive notification of this and the next steps. I assume this will include information on how to pay the visa fee and how to book both the medical and the interview.

It will tell you to get that information from their website right here. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/  Notice down the page there are Four Steps to follow. Interview, paying and arranging courier are Step 4. Other specific info is found in the links at the top of that page.

pay the visa fee and book the medical and the interview.

Not in that order. Read the 4 Steps.

As my Fiancé is at university and does not meet the income requirements, I have a form filled out by her as it is required for the petitioner to fill one out,

Not in London. One from Mom will be accepted since your fiance does not qualify. You don't have to prove income five different ways like the K1 forums tend to say.  And employer letter works well. If Mom's tax return is joint with a spouse, then a photocopy of her W2 will show her portion.

4 photos that meet Department of State requirements for the medical

The medical clinic is happy to use UK size. They aren't going on the visa, but are just photo ID stapled to each page of the medical report. 

• A complete copy of the initial application (I-129F)
  • Copy of Form I-797C and Form I-797 (NOA1 & NOA2)
  • Proof of ongoing relationship.

No, no, and no. 1000% positive of that. 

Go for the medical exam, and then wait at least 5 working days for the results to get to the Embassy before having my interview

It is taking longer. We suggest a complete two weeks between medical and interview if you want your medical results there for your interview. 

Wait around 1 week to receive the Visa and have the passport returned

If your medical was there for your interview, a week or slightly longer is typical but don't make any plans until it is in hand. Unexpected things happen. We have 2 in this forum right now who are 60 and 120 days past interview with no visa. Rare, but just wait on the visa to arrive.

Timeline

Medical info

The adult  list is four shots. Two can be waived. 

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 

The clinic website tells what to bring to the exam, prices, other info.

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm. They want a summary print out, not complete records. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

No, no, and no. 1000% positive of that. 

Just to confirm, do you mean that these are not required?

Thank you for all of the other answers as well!

Timeline
5 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

When was your N0A1?

We received the NOA1 on September 20, 2018. However, our application got delayed slightly because we received a RFE (Request for evidence), which delayed the process by around 2-3 weeks.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Medical info

The adult  list is four shots. Two can be waived. 

Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

• Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella.  It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam. They will also waive the shot in the UK for "not routinely available". That works for spouse visas but not fiancés who could get the shot after POE and go to a civil surgeon to sign off. 
  • Influenza - Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31.  If your medical is not during flu season, you don't need it. 

The clinic website tells what to bring to the exam, prices, other info.

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm. They want a summary print out, not complete records.

Fantastic information, thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LiamT7 said:

Just to confirm, do you mean that these are not required?

Thank you for all of the other answers as well!

Those are not required in London. A copy of the I-129Fpetition is actually sent to you in the instruction letter from London. They have the file and know you applied (NOA1) and the petition is marked approved (NOA2). (Do not lose the NOA2. A copy of it goes in with your AOS. A replacement costs $$$.)

London never asks for relationship documentation. Have you read Luke's review from his Monday interview? It sums up how it's a doddle. There are many more in this forum. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/700842-uk-embassy-interview-experience/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Those are not required in London. A copy of the I-129Fpetition is actually sent to you in the instruction letter from London. They have the file and know you applied (NOA1) and the petition is marked approved (NOA2). (Do not lose the NOA2. A copy of it goes in with your AOS. A replacement costs $$$.)

London never asks for relationship documentation. Have you read Luke's review from his Monday interview? It sums up how it's a doddle. There are many more in this forum. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/700842-uk-embassy-interview-experience/

Thank you for the clarification, I did read that post, it was very helpful. You have been a great help, thank you!

Edited by LiamT7

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

Thank you for the clarification, I did read that post, it was very helpful. You have been a great help, thank you!

I like you. You're a nice chap so I will help you more. 👍

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I like you. You're a nice chap so I will help you more. 👍

I really appreciate that, the advice you have given me has been great!

Guys, I’m super emotional right now - can you both stop being so polite and lovely, or I’m going to end up crying! 

#joking

#alsonotjoking

@LiamT7 - I have a question for you - you’ve mentioned having a certified copy of your birth certificate...I’ve actually sent off for a copy of my birth certificate, as god only knows where the original is...but I wasn’t planning on getting this certified (I wouldn’t even know how to do that)...I assumed because it’s an official document, coming from the government/official record people, it wouldn’t need any extra kind of certification?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I have a question for you - you’ve mentioned having a certified copy of your birth certificate...I’ve actually sent off for a copy of my birth certificate, as god only knows where the original is...but I wasn’t planning on getting this certified (I wouldn’t even know how to do that)...I assumed because it’s an official document, coming from the government/official record people, it wouldn’t need any extra kind of certification?

So I had no idea where my birth certificate was so I applied a copy by going to https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate. It took around a week to get it and when I received it, it states clearly that it is a certified copy.

I have attached a picture of it below. 

20190315_191503.jpg

5 minutes ago, LiamT7 said:

So I had no idea where my birth certificate was so I applied a copy by going to https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate. It took around a week to get it and when I received it, it states clearly that it is a certified copy.

I have attached a picture of it below. 

20190315_191503.jpg

Ah, ok, I see! It comes like that! I’ve ordered mine in the same way, but it’s not here yet (ordered 18th feb, so I’m expecting it any day). I thought you’d taken it to a professional to be certified (like when you have photos certified for a passport) which confused me - thanks for clarifying.

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.