DeeJF

NVC Pre Embassy

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all,

I received our case number this morning! I've been reading so many comments and different topics through VJ and wanted to make sure I have this right. Now that we have a case number (LND), is my fiance able to submit his required paperwork and schedule a medical appointment? Or do we still need to wait until we're notified (email or P3) that London has our case number as well? The woman I spoke with at NVC morning told me she can't tell me when it will be shipped. 

Also, for the medical I've seen some people say they're getting a letter from their GP listing medical history. Is this required? Recommended? Optional? 

Thank you in advance! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
41 minutes ago, DeeJF said:

Hi all,

I received our case number this morning! I've been reading so many comments and different topics through VJ and wanted to make sure I have this right. Now that we have a case number (LND), is my fiance able to submit his required paperwork and schedule a medical appointment? Or do we still need to wait until we're notified (email or P3) that London has our case number as well? The woman I spoke with at NVC morning told me she can't tell me when it will be shipped. 

Also, for the medical I've seen some people say they're getting a letter from their GP listing medical history. Is this required? Recommended? Optional? 

Thank you in advance! 

Get it from the source. K1 instructions from London consulate

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Medical clinic. They tell you what to prepare before your appointment.

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You do not need to wait for packet 3 as you already have your case number which is essentially what the packet 3 contains.

Go ahead and complete your Ds-160 if you haven't already and book your medical

A medical letter is only needed in addition to your patient summary if you have a history of mental illness or any significant medical conditions 

More details are available on the visa medical site

Good luck.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Halee said:

You do not need to wait for packet 3 as you already have your case number which is essentially what the packet 3 contains.

A medical letter is only needed in addition to your patient summary if you have a history of mental illness or any significant medical conditions 

More details are available on the visa medical site

Good luck.

Thank you so much, Halee! 

Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, Halee said:

Good luck.

Hi Halee, you've been so helpful on all my posts so far thank you!! I have one more medical question to triple check.  I know we are able to BOOK the medical once we have a case number - but can we attend it before having an email or P3? Asking because my fiance is concerned about point F in his confirmation email for his medical: clearly asking for a written form of the case number. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 9.13.30 AM.png

Timeline

Yes you can, if you can print out the NVC case status showing your case number you can take that with you to the medical in place of an email or packet 3. If you really would prefer having an email from NVC as proof, email them asking what your case number is and print out the response but that really isn't necessary. You are good to go deary (assuming you have completed your medical questionnaire, have the other required documents listed and are up to date with your vaccinations)

Edited by Halee
Typo

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Halee said:

Yes you can, if you can print out the NVC case status showing your case number you can take that with you to the medical in place of an email or packet 3. If you really would prefer having an email from NVC as proof, email them asking what your case number is and print out the response but that really isn't necessary. You are good to go deary (assuming you have completed your medical questionnaire, have the other required documents listed and are up to date with your vaccinations)

Is this what you're talking about? THANK YOU!!! Such a help! 

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.40.56 AM.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, DeeJF said:

Is this what you're talking about? THANK YOU!!! Such a help! 

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.40.56 AM.png

Yes! That's it, that's all you need. They just want to confirm the number is correct. You will probably get an email too, if you do just print it and take it with you, if not that case status is more than adequate.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Halee said:

Yes! That's it, that's all you need. They just want to confirm the number is correct. You will probably get an email too, if you do just print it and take it with you, if not that case status is more than adequate.

Amazing. Thank you!

Timeline

Hi everyone, I was wondering if the Notification of Applicant readiness form is still needed for the K-1 visa? If so, would anyone know where I would be able to get this form? 

I have had my medical and my case is "In transit" to the London Embassy (Expected to arrive around the 29th). I'm just trying to be productive where I can be. When is the point where I am able to book my interview? 

Also, for the interview, is it best to make photocopies of everything I will be handing over? 

many thanks in advance! :)

Timeline
36 minutes ago, CharNoel95 said:

Hi everyone, I was wondering if the Notification of Applicant readiness form is still needed for the K-1 visa? If so, would anyone know where I would be able to get this form? 

I have had my medical and my case is "In transit" to the London Embassy (Expected to arrive around the 29th). I'm just trying to be productive where I can be. When is the point where I am able to book my interview? 

Also, for the interview, is it best to make photocopies of everything I will be handing over? 

many thanks in advance! :)

No, the readiness form is now redundant, you need to complete the Ds160 and print out the confirmation page as you will need this for the interview. Once you have done this you can go ahead and book your interview appointment . It is advisable but not necessary to leave at least 2 weeks between medical and interview if you want your results to arrive there in time.

Photocopies are not required for London

Timeline

@haylee

55 minutes ago, Halee said:

No, the readiness form is now redundant, you need to complete the Ds160 and print out the confirmation page as you will need this for the interview. Once you have done this you can go ahead and book your interview appointment . It is advisable but not necessary to leave at least 2 weeks between medical and interview if you want your results to arrive there in time.

Photocopies are not required for London

Thank you so much! :) 

I have worked out that the medical results and case should arrive in London around the 29th, so I will go ahead and try to schedule the interview on that day for asap. Exciting! 

Timeline

Hi, me again lol 

my status changed to "ready", yay! I've had my medical so all of that is done and I have done the D2-160, gathered all of the documents. My question is for the scheduling of the interview. The fee will be £217.30. Is this the right thing for the K1 fiance visa

Thank you! its so close I don't want to mess anything up and apply for the wrong visa lol any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, CharNoel95 said:

Hi, me again lol 

my status changed to "ready", yay! I've had my medical so all of that is done and I have done the D2-160, gathered all of the documents. My question is for the scheduling of the interview. The fee will be £217.30. Is this the right thing for the K1 fiance visa

Thank you! its so close I don't want to mess anything up and apply for the wrong visa lol any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Yes, that's correct. 

Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.