ckibs

Travel history/proof

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, ckibs said:

But that's what I mean; some are saying you need to submit proof even if you were out of the country less than 6 months and others are saying you only have to submit proof if it was more than 6 months. To me it looks like - from the screenshot I shared from USCIS document checklist - that you only have to submit proof if you've been out of the country for 6 months or more.

I might be able to retrieve information from the I94 website after speaking to an officer but other than that I really have no proof. I can show that I finished school 5 days prior to my first trip and the stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. For the second trip I can provide pay stubs, my email confirming purchase of tickets and stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. But that's all I have to show...

I had 4 international trips totaling 98 days. For each trip, I wrote down USA exit/entry dates and the countries that I stayed in for at least 24 hrs. I did not provide any documentation and the IO did not ask for one during the interview. He asked to see all my expired passports though but he did not look through them. He only asked when was the last time I was out of the country.

4 hours ago, ckibs said:

But that's what I mean; some are saying you need to submit proof even if you were out of the country less than 6 months and others are saying you only have to submit proof if it was more than 6 months. To me it looks like - from the screenshot I shared from USCIS document checklist - that you only have to submit proof if you've been out of the country for 6 months or more.

I might be able to retrieve information from the I94 website after speaking to an officer but other than that I really have no proof. I can show that I finished school 5 days prior to my first trip and the stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. For the second trip I can provide pay stubs, my email confirming purchase of tickets and stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. But that's all I have to show...

Yes, that is what I understand, too. What I meant was that you are submitting the proof already (your transcripts because we need to submit them anyway) it does not matter if you were out less or more than six months.

I agree with xyz12345, just write your dates and submit your application. I do not think you will need something else. 

And if you feel more comfortable, retrieve what you think you could need during the interview, if any (that is just an opinion, it is what I would do 😊)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.