Jay Jones

Interview APPROVED!!

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
55 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Disregard.  I found this, which confirms everything you said.  

http://efilipinowomen.com/k1-visa-status-after-interview/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

So after the interview do we still check the status under immigrant with the mnl number or use the AA number under nonimmigrant. I tried the nonimmigrant with the AA number and it said no status. However my fiance said while at the interview they gave her another AA number but we don't have it.

So they gave her another AA number?  It's not the original AA number from the DS-160?

I have been checking my status under the "nonimmigrant" using the AA number from our DS-160

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

So they gave her another AA number?  It's not the original AA number from the DS-160?

I have been checking my status under the "nonimmigrant" using the AA number from our DS-160

She said when she got there they sent her to a data entry desk gave her a sticker with a different AA number on it. When I check the AA number on her DS160 it says "No Status".

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

She said when she got there they sent her to a data entry desk gave her a sticker with a different AA number on it. When I check the AA number on her DS160 it says "No Status".

What does it say when you try the "immigrant" way?

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

What does it say when you try the "immigrant" way?

It says AP but then says to refer to the letter she received at the interview. However she didn't receive a letter. They just said she was approved and got the pamphlets. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mark&Jean said:

It says AP but then says to refer to the letter she received at the interview. However she didn't receive a letter. They just said she was approved and got the pamphlets. 

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that.  Now don't quote me but ask your fiance did they give her the different AA number (sticker) on the outside line? If she says yes, then every applicant got a sticker that was put on their DS-160.  

I don't have an answer as to why it says "no status" when you put her AA number from the DS-160.  I will suggest one thing and don't take this as an insult.  Make sure you are putting in the correct AA number and make sure you are differentiating the "zeros" from the "letter" O's.  Again, not to insult your intelligence.  I say this because in my fiance confirmation number (AA number) she has two "number" zeros and one letter O.  I just copied and pasted the number in the "application ID or case number" section on the CEAC website under the "nonimmigrant"  section.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that.  Now don't quote me but ask your fiance did they give her the different AA number (sticker) on the outside line? If she says yes, then every applicant got a sticker that was put on their DS-160.  

I don't have an answer as to why it says "no status" when you put her AA number from the DS-160.  I will suggest one thing and don't take this as an insult.  Make sure you are putting in the correct AA number and make sure you are differentiating the "zeros" from the "letter" O's.  Again, not to insult your intelligence.  I say this because in my fiance confirmation number (AA number) she has two "number" zeros and one letter O.  I just copied and pasted the number in the "application ID or case number" section on the CEAC website under the "nonimmigrant"  section.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll double check it and just wait to see what happens.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Oh no!! 

the web site came up and the status is "Administrative processing".  (They had told her it was approved)  

What does this mean?   

How long is the delay?  What happens?    Are we doomed?

Everyone has time in AP .. very normal .. sometimes it is a couple hours, sometimes a few days .. and for some much longer.   The wording in the AP notice is standard boiler plate

Relax ...  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

11 hours ago, Mark&Jean said:

So after the interview do we still check the status under immigrant with the mnl number or use the AA number under nonimmigrant. I tried the nonimmigrant with the AA number and it said no status. However my fiance said while at the interview they gave her another AA number but we don't have it.

Has your CEAC status changed to Non-Immigrant at the top of the pop up window that comes up when you check status?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

12 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Initially status will change to non-immigrant AP. This is normal. In a matter of 4-10 days it will change to issued. We had someone who's case recently remained on Immigrant AP status for some days after the interview. The called the embassy and they switched it over to non immigrant AP.

It is normal for all or most of your information to disappear from the traveldocs website right after the interview...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Has your CEAC status changed to Non-Immigrant at the top of the pop up window that comes up when you check status?

No not yet. Still says immigrant and refers to the letter she never got at the interview but believe Hank said that's normal and is just a general response until it goes to non-immigrant.

1 minute ago, Mark&Jean said:

No not yet. Still says immigrant and refers to the letter she never got at the interview but believe Hank said that's normal and is just a general response until it goes to non-immigrant.

You cannot check status with the AA number on the non-immigrant section of CEAC until it turns to non-immigrant. Everything will be ok. It just makes those last few days almost unbearable)

Timeline
15 hours ago, EllisAndRenz said:

You are reading too much!    

Relax

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mark&Jean said:

They don't hand out letters anymore, they email the 221g IF you were to get one.   Check your SPAM filter if you would like something to do instead of checking CEAC status hourly  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You are reading too much!    

Relax

Indeed.  Thank you.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.