Jay Jones

Interview APPROVED!!

156 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, boris64 said:

There is no kiosk. There is a 24 hour window to call the number on the slip of paper they gave him if he wants to change the delivery address. If not it will go to the delivery address that was entered on the traveldocs website.

Thanks a lot man!

1 minute ago, Mark&Jean said:

Boris how long did it take yours to change to non immigrant?

Mine had changed by the next day after the interview. 

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Visa delivery.   Only have 24 hrs after the interview to update delivery address.

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Visa delivery.   Only have 24 hrs after the interview to update delivery address.

To update your delivery preference follow this link: 
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

The problem is, at least today (and tonight) the Visa status check web-site is broken as is most of the features on this traveldocs web-site (including the address change page)

I wanted to change ours, but it would appear that it's going to go to the original address I selected.

Question: Is picking up the passport / visa at the embassy an option?  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

The problem is, at least today (and tonight) the Visa status check web-site is broken as is most of the features on this traveldocs web-site (including the address change page)

I wanted to change ours, but it would appear that it's going to go to the original address I selected.

Question: Is picking up the passport / visa at the embassy an option?  

Nope, not an option to p/u the visa package at the embassy.

Website works just fine for me .. I just went to the site.   Try a different browser (I was using Chrome)    CEAC is a different website and it does appear to have hiccups

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Website works just fine for me .. I just went to the site.   Try a different browser (I was using Chrome)    CEAC is a different website and it does appear to have hiccups

Chrome ... still nothing.  Perhaps it is her account?  

Is there any other way to track the visa status other than the CEAC web site?  (It's still broken)

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Oh no!! 

the web site came up and the status is "Administrative processing".  (They had told her it was approved)  

What does this mean?   

How long is the delay?  What happens?    Are we doomed?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

Oh no!! 

the web site came up and the status is "Administrative processing".  (They had told her it was approved)  

What does this mean?   

How long is the delay?  What happens?    Are we doomed?

Administrative processing is normal.  Mine is in administrative processing.  It's part of the process.  It can be in AP for days or weeks.  It's the final checks before the visa is actually issued.  Don't worry.  All is good.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Administrative processing is normal.  Mine is in administrative processing.  It's part of the process.  It can be in AP for days or weeks.  It's the final checks before the visa is actually issued.  Don't worry.  All is good.

So no 221 letter?  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, EllisAndRenz said:

So no 221 letter?  

They would have given you a 221g letter at the interview.  Again, when you go to the CEAC website and click on "check my visa application status" under the "NONIMMIGRANT", you will select your location which is the Philippines and put your application ID from your DS-160 and put the CAPCHA code.  You should see "Administrative Processing".  It will remain in this status for a bit then it will change to "ISSUED". After "ISSUED", depending on what you chose for the delivery method, it should take another 5 days or so.  Try your best to be patient.  Some people got their Visa in hand in 1 week and some people got their Visa in hand in 1 month.  Again, try your best to be patient.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

They would have given you a 221g letter at the interview.  Again, when you go to the CEAC website and click on "check my visa application status" under the "NONIMMIGRANT", you will select your location which is the Philippines and put your application ID from your DS-160 and put the CAPCHA code.  You should see "Administrative Processing".  It will remain in this status for a bit then it will change to "ISSUED". After "ISSUED", depending on what you chose for the delivery method, it should take another 5 days or so.  Try your best to be patient.  Some people got their Visa in hand in 1 week and some people got their Visa in hand in 1 month.  Again, try your best to be patient.

Yes, when I pull that up it says "Your visa case is undergoing necessary administrative processing"  "... could be several weeks... "  So normal ?  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

Reading this is what worries me:

https://lawandborder.com/administrative-processing-black-hole-visa-applicants/

Timeline

So after the interview do we still check the status under immigrant with the mnl number or use the AA number under nonimmigrant. I tried the nonimmigrant with the AA number and it said no status. However my fiance said while at the interview they gave her another AA number but we don't have it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.