Jump to content
Henifawn1993

Need advise for my upcoming interview

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

Here is my story. I came here 3 years ago by CR1 2016 . My ex husband sponsor me here, when I first came to the USA, he and his family treated me terriblely even thou I tried my best but our relationship wasn’t work out.

I filed a divorce a year after. I filed my I-751 ( divorce waiver ) after 15 months of waiting I just received a interview letter for March 20. 

Now I really don’t know what to do , I don’t have much of evendice to proof my marriage since we didn’t live together. 

We did have a big wedding in Vietnam and a lot of pictures when we were still dating. 

Can you guys help me with my situation? Does anyone know a good lawyer in Charlotte NC can help me with my case?

Thank you so much for reading my post

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, Henifawn1993 said:

Hello everyone

Here is my story. I came here 3 years ago by CR1 2016 . My ex husband sponsor me here, when I first came to the USA, he and his family treated me terriblely even thou I tried my best but our relationship wasn’t work out.

I filed a divorce a year after. I filed my I-751 ( divorce waiver ) after 15 months of waiting I just received a interview letter for March 20. 

Now I really don’t know what to do , I don’t have much of evendice to proof my marriage since we didn’t live together. 

We did have a big wedding in Vietnam and a lot of pictures when we were still dating. 

Can you guys help me with my situation? Does anyone know a good lawyer in Charlotte NC can help me with my case?

Thank you so much for reading my post

 

The lawyer step I believe has passed already. The lawyer in the interview is useless since only you can answer the questions the lawyer can't answer them for you. As for evidence you only can show what you have. So you can show them text messages, FB messages before, during and after the marriage or whatever you have. Emails if you have any. Anything from the mail that you were getting at the claimed marital address that proves you were living there and so on. You need to go with confidence, tell the truth, explain how and why the marriage ended. Show some tax returns if you have any. I had a waiver interview after 4 years from filing and it was fine, lots of questions, but it went good.


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

 

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry that you had to endure this uprooting of your life to come to America and then be mistreated this way by your spouse and his family.

Needless to say that you aren't the first to go through this and you definitely won't be the last but there are ways to overcome this. Go to your interview and be as honest in your answers as possible.

Truth gleams through and when people are genuine in their replies, the officer can usually tell the fake from the reality.

 

Chin up, you got this!


IR-1/CR-1

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016
 
I-751 FILER   event.png

 

FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**Moved from ROC General Discussion to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits to be among similar threads**


03639.png                  

 🇷🇺  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow* (2016-2017) 🇺🇸 Info about my DCF experience here and here.

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad (USC + Russian husband) 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED.

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – error in middle name 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sept-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions - NBC (Apr-2019-???) 📝 MSC I-751 filers: Track your case here!

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail 

??-???-2019: TBA...

Mar-30-2020: N-400 early filing window opens! 🇺🇸

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Amadia said:

I am sorry that you had to endure this uprooting of your life to come to America and then be mistreated this way by your spouse and his family.

Needless to say that you aren't the first to go through this and you definitely won't be the last but there are ways to overcome this. Go to your interview and be as honest in your answers as possible.

Truth gleams through and when people are genuine in their replies, the officer can usually tell the fake from the reality.

 

Chin up, you got this!

Thank you all for the comment

I just came back fron my interview

It took 2 hours and she asked alot of question and I answered with all my honesty. At the end she let me review all my answers and told me she will process my case before my extension letter expires. Now I just need to wait and see what will happen next. 

I have a few question

 

Do they usually denied your case at the interview or they will send you a decision letter? 

What else can I do now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Henifawn1993 said:

Thank you all for the comment

I just came back fron my interview

It took 2 hours and she asked alot of question and I answered with all my honesty. At the end she let me review all my answers and told me she will process my case before my extension letter expires. Now I just need to wait and see what will happen next. 

I have a few question

 

Do they usually denied your case at the interview or they will send you a decision letter? 

What else can I do now?

Nothing you can do. Not approving or denying the case on the spot is totally normal specially for a divorce waiver filer. You just need to wait and see what will happen. What impression did you get from her towards the end of the interview ? How was her attitude ? 


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

 

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MohU3 said:

Nothing you can do. Not approving or denying the case on the spot is totally normal specially for a divorce waiver filer. You just need to wait and see what will happen. What impression did you get from her towards the end of the interview ? How was her attitude ? 

She was really nice to me, she told me she will review my case asap before my extensions letter expries . She said we were a great couple . After the interview she walked me out the door with smile and thanked me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henifawn1993 said:

She was really nice to me, she told me she will review my case asap before my extensions letter expries . She said we were a great couple . After the interview she walked me out the door with smile and thanked me.

I would say give it a week or 2 and you gonna see your case status changed to approved. It happened to me and exactly a week after the interview I was approved.


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

 

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MohU3 said:

I would say give it a week or 2 and you gonna see your case status changed to approved. It happened to me and exactly a week after the interview I was approved.

I hope so. Thank you so much

I’ll keep posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Henifawn1993 said:

I hope so. Thank you so much

I’ll keep posted

Yes please let me know whenever you get any updates


I-751 #1 - March 2015 (Jointly filed)

April 2015: Bio-metrics completed

11/30/2018 Interview Notice for 01/07/2019

01/07/2019: Withdrawn at the interview due to divorce and another 751 filed after the divorce and switched to the waiver case

 

I-751 #2 - March 2017 (Waiver)

April 2017: Bio-metrics completed

01/07/2019: Interview

01/14/2019: Approval Notification via Email

 

N-400 #1 Feb 2016 (Pending)(3-year Rule) 

February 2016: N-400 filed under the 3 year rule.

February 2016: Bio-metrics completed

04/29/2016: Interview Notice in the mail For 06/08/2016

06/01/2016: Interview was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (probably cause the 751 was still pending)

01/16/2019: Case changed online again to interview was scheduled for 03/06/2019

03/06/2019 The Interview (Can't be approved since I'm not eligible for the 3 year rule anymore, will have to file again under the 5 year rule, FML)

03/09/2019: Official Deny letter Via certified mail

 

N-400 #2 March 2019 IOE (Pending)(5-year Rule) 

03/09/2019: N-400 filed online under the 5 year rule (Within 72 hours of the interview)

03/09/2019: NOA1 via web Portal

03/18/2019: NOA1 in the mail

03/19/2019: NOA2 via web Portal. Bio-metrics for 04/02/2019

03/21/2019: Successful early walk-in Bio-metrics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×