LC & MS

Normally how many months to get CR1 "Approve" in Nebraska Service center ?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Even back in 2012 Nebraska was slow/my timeline doesn't show as it shows 1st CR1

application recd 2/2012 was in Nebraska 10  months and then sent to Missouri "the letter said for faster processing"

and that took another 5 to go to NVC 

it is heartbreaking but it is same for all of us 

best to you

18 hours ago, LC & MS said:

Hello, everyone,  my husband and i got married on 7th May, 2018. Then he submitted CR1 application for me after he return back to America.

My case was received on 22, June, 2018 and is in Nebraska service center. I have been waiting for 264 days now.

Now is almost 9 months, and everyday i check my status and always "Case was received".

When my approval can finally come? Really need how many months for Nebraska Service center to process?

If anybody have any idea, please let me know. I really feel very...super...frustrated and heart broken.... at this super long & difficult CR1 process.

My senator contacted them last week. They said most cases are looked at within 10 months at NSC. Ours is now 7.5 months/Aug.7, 2018.

18 hours ago, JK1880 said:

Nebraska Service Center is one of the slowest service center. Forget about USCIS timelines showing in their website. They just started processing the May recently. 

Check this out: Below link will show the current approval reported by VJ members

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

Potomac is the fastest SC- They are approving in less than 4 months. Currently processing November 2018.

Texas SC  is processing July 2018, 8 months

Nebraska - May 2018, 10+ months

Then they need to get NSC some help. This is ridiculous--the difference between the centers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Normally, you just have to check USCIS processing times page.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You can also have an idea based on people filling their timelines on VJ. The more people fill the better the estimates. 

11 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I know of other cases that have been waiting since May and still not approved, your not alone this is a hard and long process.

Yes, but i met a lady and her receipt date is 12 April, 2018, only took 8 months 20 days she received "Approve" on 2 Jan 2019, then after 47 days her case was sent to NVC on 27 Feb 2019. Another lady's date is 8 June, 2018, and mine is 22 June, 2018, we both haven't received "Approve". Only 2 months difference with that April's lady, why now become so slow. So if Nebraska service center already deal case of April in Jan. Why now in March they just start to deal case of May? Really don't understand what did they do in Feb.

4 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

My senator contacted them last week. They said most cases are looked at within 10 months at NSC. Ours is now 7.5 months/Aug.7, 2018.

Senator can help you to contact NSC? Wow, how to ask for help from senator? I also heard another lady and said that her husband called senator to help. And she did receive an approve shortly. Actually not so "shortly", she waited for 8 months, then received not an "approve", but a "investigation", then she continued to wait for another 2 months, then her husband called senator to help. So she totally waited for 10 months. She is in SRC center (a kind of faster center).

I have been waiting for 9 months now, i also believe it normally will take about 10 months to process.

Now my only hope is keeping my eyes on the table in USCIS of "receipt date for a case inquiry", my date will be 5, April, 2019. Then i will submit a case of "outside normal processing time", i don't know whether this is useful or not.

21 hours ago, LC & MS said:

Senator can help you to contact NSC? Wow, how to ask for help from senator? I also heard another lady and said that her husband called senator to help. And she did receive an approve shortly. Actually not so "shortly", she waited for 8 months, then received not an "approve", but a "investigation", then she continued to wait for another 2 months, then her husband called senator to help. So she totally waited for 10 months. She is in SRC center (a kind of faster center).

I have been waiting for 9 months now, i also believe it normally will take about 10 months to process.

Now my only hope is keeping my eyes on the table in USCIS of "receipt date for a case inquiry", my date will be 5, April, 2019. Then i will submit a case of "outside normal processing time", i don't know whether this is useful or not.

Just call your senator's offices. They will send you a release form to access your case. They can at least email directly to the service center and ask about your case. I don't think it makes anything faster, but at least you can touch base with them. I can't remember how long it takes for the case to leave NSC to be sent on to the embassy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.  Hijack post and replies to said post removed, if you have your own question, you need to start your own thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

11 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

I got my NOA1 today in the mail after 2.5 weeks after it was received. They didnt notify us via email/phone even though we submitted G-1145. Then I see it's from the Nebraska office and my heart sunk.

I guess this means 10+ months of nothing now...

If your receipt number start from LIN, then yes, your case is in Nebraska service center. You can track your case status with LIN number in USCIS website.

Another lady i met and her receipt number is 8 June, 2018, still haven't receive an "approve" yet, and the following 14 Mar, 2019 will be her date to submit "outside normal processing time" in USCIS website. I'm keeping my eyes on her case to see whether it is useful to submit that case situation. My date will be 4 April, 2019, when hit the date, i also will submit "outside normal processing time" case in USCIS website immediately !

The only thing i can say to you, is "Be strong" !!!!!

Hope you the best !

On 3/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Emgee said:

Haven't sent an e-request yet, but I'm planning to do so if I don't get anything in my email this month. I do hope we get approved soon. Thanks for the positive note!
Anxiety can get the best of us sometimes. We'll get through this soon. Just keep the faith.

Hi, could you please try to submit "outside normal processing time" case in USCIS? Your receipt date is 14 May, already far passed. Just submit the case to see whether the service center can give a positive response soon.  Please kindly let me the result because the only hope for another lady (8 June, 2018) and I (22 June, 2018) is to submit this case to get response. It really very frustrated to wait for such long and totally no response at all.

Hope you the best !

12 hours ago, LC & MS said:

If your receipt number start from LIN, then yes, your case is in Nebraska service center. You can track your case status with LIN number in USCIS website.

Another lady i met and her receipt number is 8 June, 2018, still haven't receive an "approve" yet, and the following 14 Mar, 2019 will be her date to submit "outside normal processing time" in USCIS website. I'm keeping my eyes on her case to see whether it is useful to submit that case situation. My date will be 4 April, 2019, when hit the date, i also will submit "outside normal processing time" case in USCIS website immediately !

The only thing i can say to you, is "Be strong" !!!!!

Hope you the best !

It would just be my luck to get Nebraska...depressing to say the least. Guess I'll just check in in about 8 months and see where things are at. I did get an automated email from them that said "we are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time".

I'm not sure why they sent this email. Have you been getting these over the past few months as well?

On 3/15/2019 at 10:24 PM, canadavisa22 said:

I'm not sure why they sent this email. Have you been getting these over the past few months as well?

A few days after my husband submitted CR1 application, he got an email about your case has been received blahblahblah....

Then totally no information since that until now.

I still haven't received an approval yet, i really don't know how long i need to wait.  

12 hours ago, LC & MS said:

A few days after my husband submitted CR1 application, he got an email about your case has been received blahblahblah....

Then totally no information since that until now.

I still haven't received an approval yet, i really don't know how long i need to wait.  

So you're at 9 months now with no response? Based on when I submitted my i-130 it seems like mid-December is when my case would be outside of normal processing time (which is about 10 months). 

Have you tried calling USCIS at all to inquire?

10 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

So you're at 9 months now with no response? Based on when I submitted my i-130 it seems like mid-December is when my case would be outside of normal processing time (which is about 10 months). 

Have you tried calling USCIS at all to inquire?

My husband and I did not call USCIS during this 9 months because we feel scared those officer maybe will give us difficulties or ask for more evidence to delay case on purpose if we try to call, try push them.... I don't know how they work and how they process cases, so my husband and i just wait quietly and keep eyes on the processing time in USCIS, then will submit "outside normal processing time" to see what will happen.

Really feel very very...super frustrated !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.