Debzib88

Has anybody been pregnant whilst waiting for their i130?

42 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

What's the estimate for when you'll get the visa?

I wasn't pregnant but did emigrate with a child. It adds more stress, that's for sure. 

I'm estimating around June/ July time. I think the whole process is stressful regardless lol I'm emigrating from the UK, we didn't send much evidence and Got approved on Valentine's Day which was a nice surprise. Makes the day more special to us 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Debzib88 said:

I'm estimating around June/ July time. I think the whole process is stressful regardless lol I'm emigrating from the UK, we didn't send much evidence and Got approved on Valentine's Day which was a nice surprise. Makes the day more special to us 😊

If it's in that time frame you should ok then. If not, can your husband come to the UK to be with you for the birth? 

Looking at your timeline you should be able to move before the baby is born.  I would research hospitals and doctors.  Make sure you get your medical history to bring with you.  I wish you an easy immigration and birth.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

If it's in that time frame you should ok then. If not, can your husband come to the UK to be with you for the birth? 

Yeah most definitely. He wouldn't miss it, He came over in December and just went home a week ago. So he got to see the first scan with me. I was told the NVC stage is a lot quicker then the initial uscis approval. Some people said from the start of NVC to getting their visa to leave took 5 months. which if that was the case I'm still eligible to fly. 

9 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Looking at your timeline you should be able to move before the baby is born.  I would research hospitals and doctors.  Make sure you get your medical history to bring with you.  I wish you an easy immigration and birth.  

Thank you I appreciate that. We have a hospital in mind. Which is in my husbands home town, do I take my medical history with me to the medical exam? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Yeah most definitely. He wouldn't miss it, He came over in December and just went home a week ago. So he got to see the first scan with me. I was told the NVC stage is a lot quicker then the initial uscis approval. Some people said from the start of NVC to getting their visa to leave took 5 months. which if that was the case I'm still eligible to fly. 

That's good that you can be together either way. ☺️

8 minutes ago, fip & jim said:

That's good that you can be together either way. ☺️

Thank you 😊 I just can't wait for it to be over with so we can just settle 

30 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Thank you I appreciate that. We have a hospital in mind. Which is in my husbands home town, do I take my medical history with me to the medical exam? 

You'll want it for establishing a relationship with a new ob/gyn 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

15 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You'll want it for establishing a relationship with a new ob/gyn 

Ohh okay, so that's what I take with me to America. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

Hello again 😅 I seem to be asking so many questions just lately.  But I was just wondering if any of you ladies have been pregnant whilst waiting on your i130 approval? We got approved on Valentine's Day and our case was sent to the NVC to be processed. If so how did you find it? Im really hoping I can be reunited with my husband before the babies arrival. How did the medical go? Did you get asked extra questions. Was you allowed to fly? And how did your interviews go. 😊

Hello and congratulations!🎉 Is this your first baby? It is my first and time did fly by, so enjoy as much as you can!

I went through K1 process and arrived here last Saturday in my 34th week. 

My flight was Belgrade-London-Seattle and was bearable. It lasted 13 hours in total. In Belgrade they wanted to see my doctor's notice saying I am fit to travel ( I looked at different airplane policies and in most cases you cannot fly after 36th week, and after 28th week you should have letter from a doctor. Somewhere letter shouldn't be older than 10 days, somewhere 7 and somewhere no older that 48 hours). Don't forget to check this when time comes just to be on a safe side.

Today I entered my 36th week and my fiance ( husband now :D ) and I got married on Friday. He will add me to his insurance and then we will see where we want her to be born. Without insurance it would have been ok as well, not stressed about it. 

My interview was very nice, CO was pregnant last year and we talked a bit about my pregnancy. At the medical chest xray was unfortunately mandatory but I talked to two of my doctors and they both confirmed that such small dose of rays won't affect a baby who was 26 (I think around 26) weeks then. Didn't get any vaccines, will deal with that once we do AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have only been involved with this from afar, but seemed like there was a long lead up, not just a question of turning up and giving birth.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

Hello and congratulations!🎉 Is this your first baby? It is my first and time did fly by, so enjoy as much as you can!

I went through K1 process and arrived here last Saturday in my 34th week. 

My flight was Belgrade-London-Seattle and was bearable. It lasted 13 hours in total. In Belgrade they wanted to see my doctor's notice saying I am fit to travel ( I looked at different airplane policies and in most cases you cannot fly after 36th week, and after 28th week you should have letter from a doctor. Somewhere letter shouldn't be older than 10 days, somewhere 7 and somewhere no older that 48 hours). Don't forget to check this when time comes just to be on a safe side.

Today I entered my 36th week and my fiance ( husband now :D ) and I got married on Friday. He will add me to his insurance and then we will see where we want her to be born. Without insurance it would have been ok as well, not stressed about it. 

My interview was very nice, CO was pregnant last year and we talked a bit about my pregnancy. At the medical chest xray was unfortunately mandatory but I talked to two of my doctors and they both confirmed that such small dose of rays won't affect a baby who was 26 (I think around 26) weeks then. Didn't get any vaccines, will deal with that once we do AOS.

Firstly thank you!! This was the kind of reply I was hoping for lol thank you and congratulations to you on baby and getting married, this is our first baby and it already seems like time is flying lol 13 hours!!! 🙈 Omg you poor thing. I'm going to fly direct to Vancouver which is about 9 hours at the most 11 and have my husband meet me there and drive through customs as I need to go there anyways lol I'm gonna make sure I have a doctors note and get that just before I fly out. i think Im up to date with the vaccines. I think it's just the flu jab that I haven't had. I've read about the chest X-ray and i think it's about the same amount of rays as flying. I'm not nervous about the interview I know that will be fine. I'm just eager to get back to him lol. Where did you emigrate too?? And how are you finding your new life. 

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have only been involved with this from afar, but seemed like there was a long lead up, not just a question of turning up and giving birth.

No lol Its not about just turning up and giving birth. It's where I'm going to be residing and spending the rest of my life. It will have a lot of meaning to both me and my husband if I'm there in time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

You're welcome! I like to talk about it, soon I will be even more obnoxious when I start showing pictures of our baby to anybody who would look hehe.

We are in Portland Oregon, he moved to the US 10 years ago from the UK (he is a real proppa Geordie!)  We don't really like this city much, so in a year or two we plan to move to the countryside. 

When we first met my plan was to have him move to my city, but he just tossed that aside, even thought I wasn't being serious. Says he is an 'island monkey' and that in no way can he learn another language. As long as we raise our children in the countryside I like it here. Nature is beautiful, it is just that part of the city where we are now is a bit run down. 

I do miss my dad and sister and most of the day I am by myself, but soon I will have my little preoccupation. Yesterday we went looking for baby cribs and couple of more things and today Rob will pick everything up.

I have never been happier in my life, but while we waited for visa and even before we applied I was horrible, don't know how he made it with me for over 2 years. I would cry, get angry for no real reason, despair, beg him to move to my place, get jealous. When we got pregnant I changed and funny enough it was easier to bear with distance. I guess I straight away directed all my attention to her 😊

I am happy there is another mum to be here!

8 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

You're welcome! I like to talk about it, soon I will be even more obnoxious when I start showing pictures of our baby to anybody who would look hehe.

We are in Portland Oregon, he moved to the US 10 years ago from the UK (he is a real proppa Geordie!)  We don't really like this city much, so in a year or two we plan to move to the countryside. 

When we first met my plan was to have him move to my city, but he just tossed that aside, even thought I wasn't being serious. Says he is an 'island monkey' and that in no way can he learn another language. As long as we raise our children in the countryside I like it here. Nature is beautiful, it is just that part of the city where we are now is a bit run down. 

I do miss my dad and sister and most of the day I am by myself, but soon I will have my little preoccupation. Yesterday we went looking for baby cribs and couple of more things and today Rob will pick everything up.

I have never been happier in my life, but while we waited for visa and even before we applied I was horrible, don't know how he made it with me for over 2 years. I would cry, get angry for no real reason, despair, beg him to move to my place, get jealous. When we got pregnant I changed and funny enough it was easier to bear with distance. I guess I straight away directed all my attention to her 😊

I am happy there is another mum to be here!

Aww bless you. I feel the same way I can't wait to start showing people pictures and stuff lol I'm really eager to find out what we're having. My husbands grandma wants to throw me a baby shower so I do hope I'm able to be there to have that. My husband lives in Bellingham WA I fell In love with the place when I visited. It's so different to London, we spoke about where we'd like to live and we both decided his home town is the better option for us as a family. I know people disagree but it's getting so bad here with knife crime. I've been a pain in the ### too over the past 2 and a half years lol and when I found out I was pregnant I calmed down too lol i got to stay in America for 3 months before decided I wanted to live there and he has been here for 6months. I missed certain foods lol but found places that sell the things I love so I'm not to bothered about leaving. I'm gonna miss my family. But in order to make it work someone has to make that sacrifice lol and I know I'll visit every now and again so it won't be too bad. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.