VnC

Visit Visa from the Philippines

29 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help on what I should do to convince the VO that my parents will not overstay in the US. My parents (ages 64 and 59) and my sister (age 32) applied for a B1/B2 visa last February and was refused under 214b not enough ties at home country etc. I am a citizen of Canada and I want to meet my parents in the US this coming June (we are going to attend the graduation of my cousin). My mother has 2 siblings in the US who are both citizens now.

I am planning to have my parents apply again without my sister. Do you think that would help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is nothing you can do, maybe visit Canada.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, VnC said:

Thank you.

Yes. They will apply for Canada visit visa too. We just want them to visit both US and Canada in one go.

Is my sister is not enough tie to the home country?

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, VnC said:

Will they have better chances if they got Canada visit visa?

Do they have good travel histories? If not, going to Canada and returning without overstaying would be a good sign but probably not enough to make a huge difference.

5 minutes ago, VnC said:

Who knows, Nobody here is a CO at the US Embassy in Manila

I have not seen past travel history as being a game changer in getting a tourist visa from Philippines

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

12 minutes ago, VnC said:

Do some research,  Is it possible to enter the USA on a visitor visa issued from Canada?

I think if you come to the USA on a visitor visa from Philippines, you can use that tourist visa to enter Mexico. 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, VnC said:

Is my sister is not enough tie to the home country?

Nope.  Your sister is an adult.  Even if she were still a child, Filipinos have been known to leave children behind to stay and work illegally in the US.

6 minutes ago, VnC said:

Maybe if the Canadian visa has already been used, with no overstay.

If there are no significant changes to your parents' circumstances, it's likely they'll be denied again.  But no one here can tell you for sure.  The only way to find out is for your parents to apply.

I wish you and your family well and I hope you let us know it goes.

18 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Who knows, Nobody here is a CO at the US Embassy in Manila

Thank you.

I know but I am asking about the experience of other members here. If it somehow positively affect their application.

11 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

9 minutes ago, Ate said:

Nope.  Your sister is an adult.  Even if she were still a child, Filipinos have been known to leave children behind to stay and work illegally in the US.

Maybe if the Canadian visa has already been used, with no overstay.

If there are no significant changes to your parents' circumstances, it's likely they'll be denied again.  But no one here can tell you for sure.  The only way to find out is for your parents to apply.

I wish you and your family well and I hope you let us know it goes.

Thank you for the well wishes. They will, for sure, try again. I am just trying to find out from here if there are other things that can positively affect their application.

Edited by VnC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, VnC said:

Hello, I need help on what I should do to convince the VO that my parents will not overstay in the US. My parents (ages 64 and 59) and my sister (age 32) applied for a B1/B2 visa last February and was refused under 214b not enough ties at home country etc. I am a citizen of Canada and I want to meet my parents in the US this coming June (we are going to attend the graduation of my cousin). My mother has 2 siblings in the US who are both citizens now.

I am planning to have my parents apply again without my sister. Do you think that would help?

Do they want to reside long term in Canada? If so, why don’t you sponsor them since you are a CS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.