ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the point being made is the Consulate have been given a very wide latitude to consider such applications, I understand why you do not like it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I, as an American, appreciate all that is done to protect us here. If the DS5535 helps to keep us more secure, that's wonderful! However, I am a very logical person and I can't find any logical reason for them to give this form to my husband.

This is why I am upset.

My brother is overseas serving in the US Army at this moment.

I was wondering if that would have anything to do with my husband receiving the DS5535? When my brother first signed up for the Army, he was asked if he has any relatives overseas.

He, at 18 years old, told them "no." He didn't think in-laws were considered relatives. While he was in another state, the Army shows up at my grandmother's door.

My brother used her address as his permanent address. They questioned her about my husband! Anyway, nothing else was ever said about it. This was in 2017. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nobody outside those who decide who to give them to can answer that question.

More likely it is has nothing to do with you or your Brother. More about the issues locally, well that has been the reported experience.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We traveled to tunisia and turkey and i was approved march 05th 19.

Its not bcz of that.

Ther's somthing else you can never guess.... 

Good luck 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Loubalam said:

We traveled to tunisia and turkey and i was approved march 05th 19.

Its not bcz of that.

Ther's somthing else you can never guess.... 

Good luck 

SEE. This is the lady who saw my husband being interviewed, who thought it went well & assumed he'd been approved.

Maybe they are right about his name being the reason. Who knows! 😢

Timeline

Sooo.. when my husband filled out the form DS5535 a few days ago, he sent it to the same email address it came from. The e-mail reads "Dear Mr. ---------,

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to us for processing.

Please, do not scan the form .Please type your answers and keep the form in its Word format."

He sent it to CasaAdminProcess@state.gov

The e-mail also has another e-mail address listed. IVCasablanca@state.gov

Can someone please tell me which one he was supposed to send it to???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

I am sorry that you have to endure this, frankly I have no words other than, keep strong. The fact that they kept his passport is a good thing, let's hope that the AP is processed quickly and that you're not waiting too long. 

I just don't get it!!! WTH! You're both young and have no red flags, these people over there I swear are just too much BUT then you have the most ridiculous pairings, ones that are so marked with red flags that they  can be the posterchild for the walking RED FLAG and they get approved. SMDH , I am sorry :(

Morocco is considered a high fraud country,  very ,very few get approved at interview and endless AP

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

SEE. This is the lady who saw my husband being interviewed, who thought it went well & assumed he'd been approved.

Maybe they are right about his name being the reason. Who knows! 😢

I just want to step away for a second to say you guys look absolutely cute together on your profile pic. I honest to God pray you get your approval soon. Nshallah, you will. ❤️

In my opinion, it very well could be the name aspect. Each MENA country seems to have certain names they use. It's like they give them a list of names at the hospital to choose from lol I can tell my fiance a name of any random person and he could most likely guess their religion and sometimes their country based on their name (or at least if they are Lebanese) but this makes it hard to pin point the person to background check and correlate information. I hope it's something simple as that though and that makes it a smooth process for you.

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

Sooo.. when my husband filled out the form DS5535 a few days ago, he sent it to the same email address it came from. The e-mail reads "Dear Mr. ---------,

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to us for processing.

Please, do not scan the form .Please type your answers and keep the form in its Word format."

He sent it to CasaAdminProcess@state.gov

The e-mail also has another e-mail address listed. IVCasablanca@state.gov

Can someone please tell me which one he was supposed to send it to???

Why not just send it to both? CC to the other one.

"IV" means "immigrant visa" so that's probably to the IV department, whereas the email he sent it to is the AP email.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I feel for you.   You get to the interview with high hopes only to find out you are not thrown in a black hole.  No-one knows how long, what they are doing and why you are there.  It's truly depressing...those who have never been in this situation have no clue.

There are days my husband and I don't get out of bed.   We are both athletic but my husband hasn't been to the gym since his second interview in October.  I have been exercising much less.  We've both gained weight.  We cry a lot..we pray more...sometimes we even ask why are we praying.   Allah brought us through so much after our case was returned we were so excited for that second interview this truly broke our spirt.  My mind is so off somedays.. I feel like I can't even articulate properly..it sucks!

You'll have good days and bad days try to do your best to keep yourself busy.  One day it will all be over and this will just a be a memory...a bad one but a memory none the less.

Timeline
4 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

I just want to step away for a second to say you guys look absolutely cute together on your profile pic. I honest to God pray you get your approval soon. Nshallah, you will. ❤️

In my opinion, it very well could be the name aspect. Each MENA country seems to have certain names they use. It's like they give them a list of names at the hospital to choose from lol I can tell my fiance a name of any random person and he could most likely guess their religion and sometimes their country based on their name (or at least if they are Lebanese) but this makes it hard to pin point the person to background check and correlate information. I hope it's something simple as that though and that makes it a smooth process for you.

thank you so much ❤️ & they are supposed to use certain names. 😛 My husband's brother just had a new baby & they named him Taj. They are trying to stop them from using this name.

inshAllah. thank you for the well wishes & your sweetness ❤️❤️ 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I feel for you.   You get to the interview with high hopes only to find out you are not thrown in a black hole.  No-one knows how long, what they are doing and why you are there.  It's truly depressing...those who have never been in this situation have no clue.

There are days my husband and I don't get out of bed.   We are both athletic but my husband hasn't been to the gym since his second interview in October.  I have been exercising much less.  We've both gained weight.  We cry a lot..we pray more...sometimes we even ask why are we praying.   Allah brought us through so much after our case was returned we were so excited for that second interview this truly broke our spirt.  My mind is so off somedays.. I feel like I can't even articulate properly..it sucks!

You'll have good days and bad days try to do your best to keep yourself busy.  One day it will all be over and this will just a be a memory...a bad one but a memory none the less.

I am so sorry for you two. :(  I wish I could hug you! I REALLY hope something changes for the better for your case inshAllah. ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

I am so sorry for you two. :(  I wish I could hug you! I REALLY hope something changes for the better for your case inshAllah. ❤️ 

InshaAllah!  I wish the same for you!!

Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 5:09 AM, ashcashbananas said:

I have a question! Please read my review below if you'd like, but here's the question..

Have you been put in AP & given form DS5535? If so, how long until you were given an answer? 

If you were put in AP & given form DS5535 from Morocco, please share your story with me.

-----------------

My husband's interview was scheduled for February 14, 2019. However, on February 13th, he received a call from the Consulate informing him that his interview was canceled and would be rescheduled at a later date. The following Monday, I called the Consulate 1st thing in the morning (their morning) & the man I spoke with said he would speak with the CO & then call my husband. He called my husband within the hour and gave him a new interview date & time. He told my husband March 5, 2019 at 10:30am. He e-mailed me the date and time of March 5th at 12:30pm. Obviously we were confused. We tried calling multiple times, we N E V E R got through.

On March 5, 2019 we went to the Consulate at 10am to inquire on the time. My husband was told to come back at 12:30pm, so he did. We had created a binder to present to the CO at the interview. The binder has divder tabs separating different sections, which are labeled as Civil Documents, Tax & Financial Forms, Tickets (all my plane tickets, passport stamps, train tickets, etc) Communication which shows screenshots of chat logs & video.calls, and.finally Photos. 48 photos inside of photo sleeves. In a separate folder, he had all copies they might ask for & the envelope from his medical exam. He was very prepared and organized.

He had his fingerprints done & he was given the documents that we mailed to to the NVC for the Affidavit of Support packet. Then he went to meet with the CO. He was a middle aged, white, American man. He asked "basic" questions. My husband said he asked a lot of questions about my religion. He asked why I chose to convert to Islam and if I have other friends who also did this. He also asked how many people came to our wedding and why we didn't have a large wedding (traditional) and my husband told him it's because my family wasn't able to attend. He asked if we want kids and how many. He asked if I have plans for the future for myself, my career. My husband told him I want to go to nursing school. He asked many questions about my trips to Morocco. My husband told him I was currently there and that the longest I'd stayed was 90 days. He showed him all my old plane tickets. He asked where we went for our honey moon & my husband answered. He asked my husband what he plans to do for work in the US & my husband told him he plans to find work in a factory until he can find work in his profession (film making). The CO literally tore our binder apart. He removed the sleeves from the rings to look at everything.

My husband said he felt very confident and felt like the interview went great until the CO gave him the Administrative Processing paper & said "we'll call you." He did keep his passport. A few hours later, we were e-mailed the DS5535 form. He completed it & emailed it to the Consulate.

Now we just wait, again. Our priority date is July 5, 2017. I just wish we could start our life. 💔😭 I had to leave Morocco again without my husband by my side.

My husband got his passport back and we had our interview on 15Nov2018 got the email and they got it on the 19th and we haven’t heard anything since.  I’m going back to Morocco for 10 days just to see him, it’s been way to long since I last saw him. Hoping we here something soon. 

Edited by Telfarout

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this site and I too share a frustration with this process. My fiance's petition was approved and forwarded by the NVC to the embassy in Casablanca on February 6, 2019. We have literally heard NOTHING since then. If I email ivcasablance@state.gov, I get a canned email response. Here is the section regarding the K-1 visa:

Fiancé K-1 Visas
We are currently experiencing a high volume of fiancée petitions. We are scheduling interviews in the order in which the petitions were received at our office, and will send this interview notice to the applicant by email, along with further instructions. Any petitions that expire during this period will be extended as necessary to cover the additional time. At present, the interview backlog spans three to four months following the date which NVC forwards approved I-129F petitions to U.S. Consulate General Casablanca. In preparation for the interview, applicants are welcome to review our Fiancé Visa<http://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiance-visas.html> webpage.

No one ever responds, (I have sent more than a dozen emails to date). I just keep getting this canned response. When I check on the site, https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==, to check the status of our case, it's in "READY" status. It's been in this status for over two months? I have triple checked that the email address in the packet sent to the embassy is correct. They have his email and mine, and both phone numbers. Is anyone else having this issue that has been in "READY" status for a few months? Am I supposed to do anything else at this point? We filled out the DS-160 and he's got the receipt with the bar code, (needed when he has his interview) and he's got the Affidavit of Support paperwork, along with the other documents needed for the interview. I am just at a loss. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.