ashcashbananas

FRUSTRATION

108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The 2 key points in my post are 

1- they were having electrical problems at the embassy on February 8th

2- if you live in the Region of Rabat there is no ds5535 for you. So it would be smart if anyone is applying to move there and redo all the Moroccan identity papers for Rabat that way you avoid that dreaded form.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am amazed at Casa again and again

they make one person prove where they studied English and let another fly by who knows very little English

they allow someone with no education or job skills a visa but refuse a man who teaches English and has a government job

they make one woman prove she owns a house in the US for her husband to come to and let a a woman come who will live in a rooming house with her husband and 4 other men

nothing Casa does makes sense

last October a young moroccan woman was killed here by her husband and the embassy would not give the Uncle (only one who had a passport) a visa to come claim her body even though the police here called the embassy   /   that is one of the more tragic stories and has upset me since 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They don't reveal how and why cases are selected for DS-5535 submission. At this point, I really do think it is random. The theory that only people from the Fes region or those who have been outside of Morocco get the DS-5535 doesn't seem accurate. Perhaps they have some sort of 'quota' or something where they have to request a certain number of DS-5535 forms per day or per month. I don't think we will ever know the true intentions and workings of the DS-5535. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ataibna3na3 said:

2- if you live in the Region of Rabat there is no ds5535 for you. So it would be smart if anyone is applying to move there and redo all the Moroccan identity papers for Rabat that way you avoid that dreaded form.

I believe ID papers are always from the city of your birth and any time to circumvent that would be seen as dishonest to the embassy and immigration

please don't try that anyone

10 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

I'm 100% behind you. This is straight BS! Neither of us have ANY criminal record. We've never traveled to Turkey, which everyone has been asking us. We've never been to Fes. I am the only sponsor, no co-sponsor. I'm a law-abiding, tax-paying, US citizen married to a law-abiding, friendly, hippie man for the past 2 years. This is NOT fair. I've seen people get approved without any issues and been S H O C K E D that they didn't get scrutinized w/ all their red flags. We're the same age, we're the same religion, we're absolutely in love & missing each other. I agree, they should all be in trouble there.

I will be sending off another set of complaint letters today , not that they will do anything but just like last time, atleast someone saw it. Agreed that these people should all get fired. BS!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ataibna3na3 said:

my husband went to the Consulate on February 14th anyway, because the person who called to say it was canceled was using slang words. there were other people still having their interviews. so, maybe i'm missing something you've said (and if I am, I apologize) but I don't think their electrical problem on February 8th has anything to do with our case.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

Will they ever tell us why our case was given the form DS5535?

No they don't 

they read the packet when it came in and a decision was made

why?    it doesn't make sense 

no travel on his passport 

from  Casa (and sorry i should have remembered)

no good reason

the people here from other countries will say they saw a red flag but we know 

it is CASA

Timeline
Just now, Hobidyali said:

I will be sending off another set of complaint letters today , not that they will do anything but just like last time, atleast someone saw it. Agreed that these people should all get fired. BS!

where are you sending these complaints to?!!?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ashcashbananas said:

my husband went to the Consulate on February 14th anyway, because the person who called to say it was canceled was using slang words. there were other people still having their interviews. so, maybe i'm missing something you've said (and if I am, I apologize) but I don't think their electrical problem on February 8th has anything to do with our case.

Electrical problems were not the issue

they had them in 2015 when Adil interviewed and computers were down

he was called 4 days later to come do biometrics and pick up his passport with visa

Casa embassy has electrical issues a lot

Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

No they don't 

they read the packet when it came in and a decision was made

why?    it doesn't make sense 

no travel on his passport 

from  Casa (and sorry i should have remembered)

no good reason

the people here from other countries will say they saw a red flag but we know 

it is CASA

yes because there is definitely NO red flag. None.

also, a lady wrote me on here to tell me congratulations on my husband's visa.

she said she witnessed his interview and was next in line behind him.

she had NO clue he wasn't approved because she said his interview went good

& he answered every single question.

i swear, i wish you guys could meet my husband.

he is the sweetest, kindest person i've ever met and he radiates this beautiful energy.

not just because i love him either 😛

all of our documents were there, PLUS SOME.

we never received an RFE from the USCIS. he's never applied for a visa before.

we met on a facebook group called "Worldwide Hippies." lol.

we're honest, genuinely good people. :(

anyway, Allah is the best of planners and in time they will have to approve his visa because HOW COULD THEY NOT?

i just hope they are quick. :( 

2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

But the Moroccan Consulate in NY is an extension of the Moroccan government. They have nothing to do with the DS-5535 or the U.S consulate in Casablanca. The issue is with the U.S. government, and it's not just limited to Morocco, as the DS-5535 is also used in Pakistan and other countries. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

6 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

But the Moroccan Consulate in NY is an extension of the Moroccan government. They have nothing to do with the DS-5535 or the U.S consulate in Casablanca. The issue is with the U.S. government, and it's not just limited to Morocco, as the DS-5535 is also used in Pakistan and other countries. 

I know it is, and that's exactly why they need to hear it, so they know what type of unethical and illegal practices they have going on there and that we as U.S. citizens are not happy with it.

Edited by Hobidyali

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

where are you sending these complaints to?!!?

Have to send letters to complain ?  send directly to the embassy /senator is not any help 

they seem to ignore phone calls at this point

Derik , a VJ member,   traveled to Morocco on his Christmas break and made an appointment with embassy as she was given the ds5535

he learned nothing from the appointment

they just said "you need to wait"

after he researched the ds 5535 and all the information out there,  he has made plans to spend his summer off from teaching in Morocco with his wife and the following December if still needed to be with her

we are all so very sorry you will go thru this BS

you can directly message me as i went thru 6 years of waiting / no ds 5355 thank God

but i will give you my whatsapp

it can help to have someone to vent to

all i can say is when it is all over,  it is a blessing when you husband finally is here 

don't give up 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.