Okalian

I-130 take off from Egypt in 5 .....4......3.....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Peeps!

We currently reside in Egypt and getting ready to file my wife's I-130 petition. I went through the instructions and submitting the following:

Destination: Chicago Lockbox facility

- Completed I-130

- Completed I-130a

- Form G-1450  (or a check...still not decided)

- Form G-1145

- Copy of my naturalization form

- Copy of our translated marriage certificate

- Copy of divorce decree for previous marriage

- Copy of both daughters' CRBA issued at the embassy in Cairo. 

- Two passport-style photos for myself (the petitioner).

For some reason the guide here mentions that photos of the beneficiary are also needed, regardless where the beneficiary currently resides (we currently live outside the US), while the guide requests them only if the beneficiary is in the US. It won't be much of a hassle to include ones if needed, but will have to delay things for about a couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline

Just to share an extended thought; I don't want to include the photos and giving them the impression that she's in the States, since they're required accordingly if she's there.

Wife's I-130:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Okalian said:

Just to share an extended thought; I don't want to include the photos and giving them the impression that she's in the States, since they're required accordingly if she's there.

I included them for my husband while he was living in Egypt there was no issues, they never assumed he was in the states by a photo.

Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 4:47 PM, Khallaf said:

I included them for my husband while he was living in Egypt there was no issues, they never assumed he was in the states by a photo.

Thanks. Looks like i will include them anyway, won't hurt. And you're right, there shouldn't be any confusion since there specifically are 2 different parts of the application that asks about the US current presence.

Any feedback on the list of documents I'm including?

Wife's I-130:

Timeline
3 hours ago, Okalian said:

Thanks. Looks like i will include them anyway, won't hurt. And you're right, there shouldn't be any confusion since there specifically are 2 different parts of the application that asks about the US current presence.

Any feedback on the list of documents I'm including?

Egypt is a tough embassy make sure you front load and side load the pettiton. Include pictures, affidavits from friends and family both in USA and Egypt. The nvc stage include proof of domicle since your currently kn Egypt.  Since you got to the USA from a previous marriage to USC expect to have a high degree of scruttany on the file. They will look at when your relationahip was with usc ex and when the relationship started with your current spouse they will look at the time lines of your childrens birth. They will go through it harder than a normal case. Just be prapared, never lie about any timelines, not saying you would but they will find anything. 

Good luck in your journey

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

Egypt is a tough embassy make sure you front load and side load the pettiton. Include pictures, affidavits from friends and family both in USA and Egypt. The nvc stage include proof of domicle since your currently kn Egypt.  Since you got to the USA from a previous marriage to USC expect to have a high degree of scruttany on the file. They will look at when your relationahip was with usc ex and when the relationship started with your current spouse they will look at the time lines of your childrens birth. They will go through it harder than a normal case. Just be prapared, never lie about any timelines, not saying you would but they will find anything. 

Good luck in your journey

Thanks so much for the advice!

I only dealt with them with interviews for my daughters' CRBA and I don't know how to gauge their difficulty/toughness as an embassy :) But i certainly agree with you to be prepared nonetheless. 

Thanks once again :) 

Wife's I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.