Tahoma

Trump's trade deficit hits an all-time high

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I always wonder about the news of the trade deficit.  Heck, someone is willing to take a piece of paper for a good delivered.  Seems pretty good.  For the record, I do not agree with President Trump relative to tariffs.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

My cousin is a farmer.  Politically he's conservative.  He's very soured on Trump because of Trump's tariffs.  Even when Trump first announced the tariffs, my cousin knew it was going to be bad, despite the fact that Trump, over and over again, said that lowering the trade deficit would be so easy.

wow it hasnt turned around in 4 months. Like Shazam 

The low information voters bite on this propaganda every time 

Filed: Timeline

I read it was $878 billion, not $891 billion.  Still a lot, but nothing different from the past 10 years really, is it?  It has been on the rise since I started paying federal taxes many years ago.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c0004.html#2009

32 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I read it was $878 billion, not $891 billion.  Still a lot, but nothing different from the past 10 years really, is it?  It has been on the rise since I started paying federal taxes many years ago.

Democrats have only held congress a little over 2 months and everything is falling apart

38 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

It’s Ok if Republicans do it. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

35 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Not that a trade deficit is inherently bad, but Trump did say he was going to eliminate it. Hard to say if it was naivety or just an outright lie, but other presidents didn't suggest they were going to do that, nor was there really a sound economic reason for doing some of these things.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Timeline
45 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Not that a trade deficit is inherently bad, but Trump did say he was going to eliminate it. Hard to say if it was naivety or just an outright lie, but other presidents didn't suggest they were going to do that, nor was there really a sound economic reason for doing some of these things.

Pretty sure Obama promised to either get rid of it, or lower it, too.

Naivety I think it is.  It will never go away in our lifetimes, only get bigger, IMO.  What is good for the people is not good for the gubmint.

Edited by ALFKAD

3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Pretty sure Obama promised to either get rid of it, or lower it, too.

Naivety I think it is.  It will never go away in our lifetimes, only get bigger, IMO.  What is good for the people is not good for the gubmint.

I have a trade deficit in my own life too. I buy way more stuff than I sell. I like it that way. I'm not trying to change it. I remember years ago when I was unemployed for 3 months, I had to sell some gold coins. So I had a trade surplus that year. I wasn't real happy about it.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an