Emily2015

Administrative Processing - After Interview - 221g

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rahul thakur said:

Did you email them or call to the embassy after submitted documents? 

Rahul,

I hope you get yours also soon and wish you all the best. I just saw that the status shows ISSUED for my fiance. I feel sorry for you that you are sitting there for 1 month and have not even submitted your passport. I wish you and pray that you get it soon buddy. I am sure it is frustrating. Now, am not sure whether I should fly my fiance direct to Hawaii and whether the CBP officer will wonder why she is landing there and not in Chicago if her residence is in Chicago. As, we have all the proof of marriage and plans and paid for everything in Hawaii.

1 minute ago, Emily2015 said:

Rahul,

I hope you get yours also soon and wish you all the best. I just saw that the status shows ISSUED for my fiance. I feel sorry for you that you are sitting there for 1 month and have not even submitted your passport. I wish you and pray that you get it soon buddy. I am sure it is frustrating. Now, am not sure whether I should fly my fiance direct to Hawaii and whether the CBP officer will wonder why she is landing there and not in Chicago if her residence is in Chicago. As, we have all the proof of marriage and plans and paid for everything in Hawaii.

I would make her carry a lot of evidence that points out that there is a marriage happening at hawaii and that she is the bride. 

28 minutes ago, Emily2015 said:

Rahul,

I think you will be fine, as long as she explains what she's doing there and preferably has something to support it.

Don't forget you'll need to get a marriage license on time. If you were getting married in NY you would've had a hard time making it (offices are closed Sundays I believe, and 24hr waiting period is required after issuance). Hawaii at least does not require any mandatory waiting time after the license is received, which works in your favor, just make sure you can in fact get the in-person meeting with an authorized agent on Monday morning.

h

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You should not resign from employment, sell property, or make final travel plans until your visa has been issued and you have the passport and immigrant visa package in hand.

That is posted so many times /  actually UK posts on its US embassy site

and it is frequently talked about on here

The US embassy in Mumbai actually has a rather extensive section on all types of visas and Under K1 directs you to the Department of State Site which fully explains AP

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

sorry this is upsetting your plans for the wedding but all of us here know immigration is now so much slower as they are now dealing with over 6 million applications a year

when he finally gets here ,  have a happy and safe life

and remember to keep all documents till   citizenship is finalized 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LizM said:

I think you will be fine, as long as she explains what she's doing there and preferably has something to support it.

Don't forget you'll need to get a marriage license on time. If you were getting married in NY you would've had a hard time making it (offices are closed Sundays I believe, and 24hr waiting period is required after issuance). Hawaii at least does not require any mandatory waiting time after the license is received, which works in your favor, just make sure you can in fact get the in-person meeting with an authorized agent on Monday morning.

Yes, we already applied for a marriage license in Hawaii and I have proof of payment also and email confirmation which was done in February first week. We are supposed to go there and get it on Monday morning. 

Just now, Emily2015 said:

Yes, we already applied for a marriage license in Hawaii and I have proof of payment also and email confirmation which was done in February first week. We are supposed to go there and get it on Monday morning. 

Yes, I already spoke to an agent there and they are aware. They asked us to come at 7:30 am and collect it and it would not take more than 30 minutes.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, LizM said:

I am planning for her to take the earlier booked tickets that were cancelled for her trip to Chicago, and then her trip from Chicago to Hawaii. All the marriage documents in Hawaii etc... and also our hotel bookings. As, i would be there outside at the airport, but all that I need is that she comes out. I can even book her flight from Hawaii to Chicago now and send that to her to carry. But as we know that she can only enter once, and it should not be a problem for her to fly from Hawaii to Chicago domestic without any issues by just showing her passport and her boarding pass. I will be there with her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

Rahul,

Oh congratulations this is good news for today and thanks for preying me god ll bless u n ur fiance and good wishes for both of you

Timeline
4 hours ago, AnonIndia said:

Did you and your wife get married in India and file through DCF or through the traditional route? What kind of pictures were requested at the interview as evidence to support a bonafide relationship? 

Yes we were get married in India they requested for evidence for legally married and a list of Guest is you invited and a list of all wedding vendors and their contact information and evidence of ongoing communication and evidence of shared Finance and evidence of all times you and the petitioner have travel to C one another in including photos tickets boarding pass Hotel reservation and a list of home and work address and neutralize statement from both how you meet and why you decided to get married

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ash.1101 said:

If they take your passport and they ask for easily obtainable evidence, it's because they don't expect it to take long for YOU to submit it all. If they ask for something like a joint sponsor or stronger evidence that may take a while to obtain, they will give the passport back.
But by no means is it a good way to judge how long they will take.

With that said, explaining the wedding timing is great and all, but they don't care, and if they feel like there was any kind of pressure being put on them for a fast approval (such as: Oh boy I sure hope this is back by blah blah date for our destination wedding!) then they could easily take their sweet time.

AP means a couple of things, processing the documents you sent, background checks, and/or any other data entry they may have to do before your case is completed out.

Super-Quick timing for 221g processing should be considered AT LEAST 2 weeks from the date they receive. 

It's 3 weeks is going n still waiting 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emily2015 said:

Hi we got our Visa the status shows ISSUED. So, she should be able to go pick it up or have it by Courier BY TOMORROW.

Don't buy another ticket or assume anything until she has the passport with visa inside, in her hands.  Status on website showing issued is not visa in hand.  I really hope it works out and you can get married as planned.

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

You should not resign from employment, sell property, or make final travel plans until your visa has been issued and you have the passport and immigrant visa package in hand.

That is posted so many times /  actually UK posts on its US embassy site

and it is frequently talked about on here

The US embassy in Mumbai actually has a rather extensive section on all types of visas and Under K1 directs you to the Department of State Site which fully explains AP

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

sorry this is upsetting your plans for the wedding but all of us here know immigration is now so much slower as they are now dealing with over 6 million applications a year

when he finally gets here ,  have a happy and safe life

and remember to keep all documents till   citizenship is finalized 

It's going 3rd week and I am still in administrative processing and it's my immigrant visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.