katalaya

Am I the petitioner? Please help

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning! I will be romoving the condition from my 2yrs green card, I would like to know if I’m the petitioner or my husband is. I would also like to know some of the document I need to send with it. Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Conditional Resident is the petitioner.

Please refer to the guides for examples of documents, or the instructions on the form.

Documents you will need to include are:

- Copy (front and back) of conditional green card

- Evidence of Financial co-mingling (taxes filed together, shared banking accounts, shared credit cards, shared loan agreements, etc.)

- Other items of co-mingling (health insurance, car insurance, car titles, wills, power of attorneys, etc)

- Proof of shared domicile (copy of lease, copy of deed, copies of driver licenses)

**anything that is a joint responsibility between you and your spouse, which bears both names** 

Things you can also include: (lesser probative value)

-  proof of travel together

-  pictures

-  affidavits from friends or family

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

1.  You (Green card Holder) are the petitioner for the I-751.

2.  https://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cryssiekins said:

The Conditional Resident is the petitioner.

Please refer to the guides for examples of documents, or the instructions on the form.

Documents you will need to include are:

- Copy (front and back) of conditional green card

- Evidence of Financial co-mingling (taxes filed together, shared banking accounts, shared credit cards, shared loan agreements, etc.)

- Other items of co-mingling (health insurance, car insurance, car titles, wills, power of attorneys, etc)

- Proof of shared domicile (copy of lease, copy of deed, copies of driver licenses)

**anything that is a joint responsibility between you and your spouse, which bears both names** 

Things you can also include: (lesser probative value)

-  proof of travel together

-  pictures

-  affidavits from friends or family

Do you know what’s the filing fee to remove condition? Do you know which form to use?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, katalaya said:

Do you know what’s the filing fee to remove condition? Do you know which form to use?

Please read the guides, and use the USCIS website.  If you’re confused or unsure of the processes, you should look into an attorney.  No one here minds assisting, but you seem very unaware, and that could be to your detriment.

The fee is $680. The form is i751.

Timeline

Thank you very much! I have never used an attorney for any of my paper work. I’m coming from a K1 visa, got my 2 yrs green card and now I’m removing my condition and I never received a RFE( request for evidence). The only reason I would get a lawyer is, if my case was complicated. But, I’m just here like everyone else asking questions. Because I’m sure many people here already been through the process.

I read on the website that it was $680, but I just wanted some clarification, because a family member was telling me that’s not it.

Thank you again. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, katalaya said:

Thank you very much! I have never used an attorney for any of my paper work. I’m coming from a K1 visa, got my 2 yrs green card and now I’m removing my condition and I never received a RFE( request for evidence). The only reason I would get a lawyer is, if my case was complicated. But, I’m just here like everyone else asking questions. Because I’m sure many people here already been through the process.

I read on the website that it was $680, but I just wanted some clarification, because a family member was telling me that’s not it.

Thank you again. 

you can always use citizenpath website to fill out your form it takes about 20 mins and their customer service is amazing I think their fee to fill it out is $80+/- but you can use this code for 20% off RAFP10891 the form itself is easy but with their help you are 100% sure it is filed correctly. Good luck

Timeline
10 minutes ago, katalaya said:

Thank you again. 

Again, it was just for your well being.  The process, for a simple case, is doable without an attorney, but to not know what the form is used, made it seem as though you were less informed than you actually are, which made me concerned that you might run into problems, which no one wants.

Fees and forms should always be taken right from USCIS as they are the most accurate and up to date.

Timeline

Thank you very much🙏🙃🙂! Sometimes in life we just need clarification from someone who has been through the process or a person who was already informed on what needs to be done. Just to make sure we are on the right path. However, I do appreciate you looking out for my best interest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, katalaya said:

Thank you again. 

I agree with the advice in the previous posts. The I-751 petition is relatively straightforward & can be done without an attorney, unless your case is exceptionally complicated. And there is plenty of good advice on this forum for simple clarifications with the process.

I just want to clarify one point regarding the I-751 filing fees. The filing fees is $595 + $85 biometric fees per conditional resident petitioner. So the total fees will be $680 if you are the only conditional resident applicant. However, if you have any conditional resident children also applying on the same form (this wasn't clear in the OP), you would also need to include additional $85 biometric fee per conditional resident children. 

USCIS has a new Online Fee Calculator tool to avoid any confusion with the filing fees. The filing fees & biometric fees can be paid together as a single payment using check/credit card/money order.

https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

Good luck! 

Edited by H-M

N-400 timeline:

Spoiler

5/9/2022: N-400 Received by USCIS

5/9/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice

7/5/2022: Received Interview Scheduled Notice

8/12/2022: Interview @ Cincinnati Field Office, Approved same-day

9/9/2022: Completed Oath Ceremony

ROC timeline:

Spoiler

01/06/2019: 90-day ROC filing window open

01/07/2019: Sent I-751 petition to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS 2-day Priority Mail

01/09/2019: ROC package delivered by USPS to PO Box

01/14/2019: Received USCIS text message with receipt number starting with LIN-xxxxxxx

01/15/2019: Check cashed, Added receipt# to USCIS account (myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov), Current Status: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time"

02/14/2019: Submitted e-request for non-delivery of receipt notice

02/28/2019: Received e-request response. Receipt notice was never initially sent and we should receive it in 10-14 business days

03/04/2019: Received original NOA1 letter with 18 month extension

08/09/2019: Received biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for Aug 19

08/14/2019: Completed early walk-in biometrics appointment on Aug 13, Status changed on myUSCIS site to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

01/02/2020: Case status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

01/03/2020: Case status updated to "Case Was Approved"

01/06/2020: Received I-751 Approval Notice in the mail 

01/09/2020: Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

I-751 ROC Package Contents, Assembly & Photos:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522611

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/693181-i-751-january-2019-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9522687

AOS timeline:

Spoiler

12/21/2015: I-485 Received by USCIS

12/24/2015: I-485 NOA date

02/26/2016: Biometrics Appointment

04/04/2017: Interview @ Louisville Field Office

04/06/2017: I-485 Approved

04/12/2017: GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.