MRTravels

PLEASE HELP! I-130 Petition For Alien Relative Refused 2 TIMES!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jhenril said:

do u have facebook? probably our admin can help you this matter add us in IR5 Parents VISA journey

i think they talking about the medicaid insurance ,cash assistance, or something that came from government and its called public charge..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jhenril said:

do u have facebook? probably our admin can help you this matter add us in IR5 Parents VISA journey

Is this some secret Facebook group formed by Visa Journey?  Why not share the knowledge in this public forum so other people in a similar situation can also benefit and the rest of us may learn something new?

6 hours ago, MRTravels said:

According to my sister, Trump administration amended the 125% of HHS poverty guidelines to 250% (read the article: https://www.boundless.com/blog/public-charge-rule-explained/) and they think it has been imposed already this year. Hence, we thought it has been increased to $73K for household of 5. 

That policy has not gone into effect yet. It may never, or it may be altered before going into effect.

The 250% criteria applies to certain individuals who would otherwise have negative factors (i.e. those who used certain public aid in the recent past). The 125% level is still the minimum level.

Yes she provided I-864 under the name of her husband and they included his Tax Transcripts, W2s, TSP for military (or 401K), Stocks, Bonds, Savings, Housing and Employment Verification.

I'm not sure what you mean by "in the name of her husband". She is the primary sponsor as the petitioner. She must submit her own I-864. The husband would provide an I-864A to join his income with her I-864.

It sounds like there's a mix of income and assets being claimed for consideration. That's not wrong, but it does require a lot of paperwork to support it or else it cannot be considered.

What evidence of current income was provided? This is typically noted via pay stubs. I'm not sure how it works with the military, but the equivalent document showing actual pay would be what to look for. Note that tax returns and W-2s are evidence of past income (if not self-employed or other limited cases).

How did income change from $40k to over $100k?

For assets like stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, etc., only the net value (minus any fees/penalties/taxes) is considered. Assets for a parent are equal to 1/5 of their value as income (i.e. $100 in assets = $20 in income).

Assets must be able to be converted to cash within 1 year without putting a hardship on the sponsor. They would be evidenced via showing ownership of the asset and the asset's current value. Like for a bank account, the last 12 months of bank statements can be provided. For a home, an appraisal may or may not be necessary (some people have used a Zillow printout or similar).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ate said:

Is this some secret Facebook group formed by Visa Journey?  Why not share the knowledge in this public forum so other people in a similar situation can also benefit and the rest of us may learn something new?

I was just thinking the same thing.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry but ain't no way in heaven someone in military making 100K. Nope nada.

Imagine if it's this confusing to us what the CO must have thought. Seems you guys need to define clearly on your I-864 what is going on because it's showing you guys aren't meeting guidelines. Also go get some health insurance for mom and show that as evidence she is covered which will be expensive . Expect about $200 to $400 a month.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
47 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Sorry but ain't no way in heaven someone in military making 100K. Nope nada.

Imagine if it's this confusing to us what the CO must have thought. Seems you guys need to define clearly on your I-864 what is going on because it's showing you guys aren't meeting guidelines. Also go get some health insurance for mom and show that as evidence she is covered which will be expensive . Expect about $200 to $400 a month.

Senior Officers can easily top 100K.

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

salary + quarters allowance + separate rations + cost of living adjustments might get close to 100k, but only the salary is considered income, the rest is un-taxed supplemental pay 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 hours ago, MRTravels said:

1. What is the additional financial evidence she sent?

- Initially, the total income they provided was only $40K without including the other income they have. So when they sent the amended one, The total income became $100K+ which included all other incomes they have.

5. What is the age and health condition of the mother (if she is older in age, healthcare may play a role in the decision)?

- She is 66 years old. Very healthy and can still work here in the US.

This seems the crux questions and I can not make much sense of it.

Going from 40k to 100k plus with other income I guess is possible but sounds very odd, did he have a substantial inheritance?

I question the practicality of a 66 year old new to the US getting a job never mind how long she could work. Does she have a decent pension, savings, how will she survive? 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

This seems the crux questions and I can not make much sense of it.

Going from 40k to 100k plus with other income I guess is possible but sounds very odd, did he have a substantial inheritance?

I question the practicality of a 66 year old new to the US getting a job never mind how long she could work. Does she have a decent pension, savings, how will she survive? 

I would think that she just want her mom to be here and she will never work. That's very common for pinays like us. Although, I am not thinking of bringing my mom over just because of the cost of her living here for that reason.

Timeline
1 minute ago, POA said:

I would think that she just want her mom to be here and she will never work. That's very common for pinays like us. Although, I am not thinking of bringing my mom over just because of the cost of her living here for that reason.

Well I understand why, how is the question.

There is a forum covering British Expats, and this may come up once a year and the general comment is are you crazy. Now if they have a fair amount of time left before retirement, obviously transferable skills well maybe.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well I understand why, how is the question.

There is a forum covering British Expats, and this may come up once a year and the general comment is are you crazy. Now if they have a fair amount of time left before retirement, obviously transferable skills well maybe.

How is the mom going to live here without working and stuff? She probably won't work and her daughter will take care of her and her expenses. That's what I tell my people too when they ask me why  I don't bring my mom here. She is more expensive than having a kid. lol

Edited by POA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, POA said:

How is the mom going to live here without working and stuff? She probably won't work and her daughter will take care of her and her expenses.

Exactly, and that is going to be very expensive, now if the income is truly 100k for 5 perhaps they can afford it.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Exactly, and that is going to be very expensive, now if the income is truly 100k for 5 perhaps they can afford it.

Perhaps, but even with 100k with 2 kids, unless her mom is very healthy and doesn't require a lot medical attention then maybe it will be enough. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, POA said:

Perhaps, but even with 100k with 2 kids, unless her mom is very healthy and doesn't require a lot medical attention then maybe it will be enough. 

Not just healthy now, to be somewhat crude stays healthy and then drops dead, now thinking through my family those who were healthy for most of their post retirement eventually ended up with issues. None of us know what the future will bring.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.