13 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Shiellangsky said:

I’m going to have my US citizenship oath taking this month on the 26th and I’m planning to petition my parents to come to America so my question is can I petition them right after my oath?Thank you so much!!

Yup, you can. I pre-filled the I-130 and have all the supporting documents ready in one packet. I went to the Oath, got out, turned in the application for SSN (because the SSN had a table right outside so it was convenient), registered to vote (again, table right there), went to the photo shop, made several copies of the naturalization certificate, went straight to the county recorder office to apply for my passport (they take the original certificate with the application for passport), went home, put the copy of the naturalization with the pre-prepared I-130 for my mom, and headed to the post office to send it out.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, USS_Voyager said:

Yup, you can. I pre-filled the I-130 and have all the supporting documents ready in one packet. I went to the Oath, got out, turned in the application for SSN (because the SSN had a table right outside so it was convenient), registered to vote (again, table right there), went to the photo shop, made several copies of the naturalization certificate, went straight to the county recorder office to apply for my passport (they take the original certificate with the application for passport), went home, put the copy of the naturalization with the pre-prepared I-130 for my mom, and headed to the post office to send it out.

Thank you so much for responding.This will help me

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline

You’ve already got great answers. I wanted to add that you can send EITHER certificate of naturalization OR passport, as evidence of your citizenship. 

It’s awesome that USS_Voyager took care of her SSN, voter registration and passport application right away. In essence, you don’t need to do these before sending the application in.

Here’s what you need to prepare before the 26th:

-A large envelope with the correct USCIS address, depending on your state

-Filled and signed I-130 form

-Your birth certificate

-Your mom’s birth certificate

(If the birth certificates are not in English, they need to be translated)

On 26th, you just make a copy of your Certificate of Naturalization and add it to the large envelope. You’re ready to head to the post office :)

I hope this helps.

23 hours ago, Junior11 said:

You’ve already got great answers. I wanted to add that you can send EITHER certificate of naturalization OR passport, as evidence of your citizenship. 

It’s awesome that USS_Voyager took care of her SSN, voter registration and passport application right away. In essence, you don’t need to do these before sending the application in.

Here’s what you need to prepare before the 26th:

-A large envelope with the correct USCIS address, depending on your state

-Filled and signed I-130 form

-Your birth certificate

-Your mom’s birth certificate

(If the birth certificates are not in English, they need to be translated)

On 26th, you just make a copy of your Certificate of Naturalization and add it to the large envelope. You’re ready to head to the post office :)

I hope this helps.

So after I submit that I have to wait for their response and tell me what’s the next step?I don’t know what to do yet.Im  glad I found visa journey,this will help me so much.Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
21 hours ago, Shiellangsky said:

So after I submit that I have to wait for their response and tell me what’s the next step?I don’t know what to do yet.Im  glad I found visa journey,this will help me so much.Thank you

Yes, you send that package mentioned above and wait for their response. Your I-130 will be approved once they establish that you are a USC citizen and you are really your mom’s daughter. 

Then, they will send your package to National Visa Center. NVC will request more detailed info on your mom and sponsor’s (your) finances. That stage is many months away unfortunately, but I’m just giving you a general idea.

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, Junior11 said:

Yes, you send that package mentioned above and wait for their response. Your I-130 will be approved once they establish that you are a USC citizen and you are really your mom’s daughter. 

Then, they will send your package to National Visa Center. NVC will request more detailed info on your mom and sponsor’s (your) finances. That stage is many months away unfortunately, but I’m just giving you a general idea.

I hope this helps.

I finally submitted my I-130 application for my parents on March 29th.Hope everything I sent was good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
33 minutes ago, staisy2228 said:

If applying for both parents, can i put all the paperworks in one envelope or separate?

USC petitioner: a separated I-130 petition is required for each parent, so two x payments of $535.00 and thus, in my opinion, it is better to have the two petitions separately on each envelop - avoid confusion and accidentally mixing things ups. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.