crono_clone

How Important is Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, crono_clone said:

We applied before marriage, just 1 week after POE. 

It's been about 4 weeks since we applied and I'm hoping it comes any day now.

I hope you get it soon. Is it true that once the beneficiary's entry in the US is on the SAVE system then the SSN office issues it quickly otherwise it goes for manual verification with USCIS? Did u check on the SAVE system before applying for SSN?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Hope we have no hard feelings. Good news is they released an update a month or two ago that has been interpreted to mean they can waive ROC interview if you had an AOS interview, but you're right they are not very predictable.

No, who can keep track of what they do. I am so mind boggled after all the reasearching I do Everytime I go to file a petition, I am amazed that anyone gets a green card or citizenship.

That would be cool if I could avoid the ROC interview, I've already added enough proof of comingled everything that I could do the ROC interview tomorrow if needed.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
1 hour ago, crono_clone said:

We applied before marriage, just 1 week after POE. 

It's been about 4 weeks since we applied and I'm hoping it comes any day now.

We applied 1 day after entry, my fiancee information was in the save system, and we had the card exactly 2 weeks after applying. This was back in November, the day before Thanksgiving actually we applied. So even with the holiday in there it was only 2 weeks.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Oh your Las Vegas like me- so wander if I'll even get an interview this year LOL. NOA1 11/27/18. But I agree-it's all personal preference on loading :) 

I think current times are 12-14 months, but I'll have to follow your timeline because interview should be about 2-3 months after yours. I am going to try to expedite the EAD/AP card right after biometric screening is done. That's all I really care about is the AP. Have a bunch of international trips starting in November, and I want to bring my wife along. Should have a good 2 months of travel thru 3-4 countries if things go as planned. So hopefully no interview until after mid January so I don't have to make a special trip back just to interview, but I'm sure if we get a interview before March of 2020, I'll be amazed.

4 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Don't think this is true. They are not interviewing every AOS application, that would be impossible, as of February 2019, directly from their USCIS manual and guide, you can still have your interview waived. Unless I'm reading this whole chapter 5 thing wrong, but I don't think I am. See link below...

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume7-PartA-Chapter5.html

Interviews are waived on a case by case basis NOW. Prior to May 15th, 2018, most K1 AOS interviews were waived. Since then, they are no longer automatically exempt from an interview. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Interviews are waived on a case by case basis NOW. Prior to May 15th, 2018, most K1 AOS interviews were waived. Since then, they are no longer automatically exempt from an interview. 

Have we seen any interviews waived on VJ since then? Also I would add the interview is really more of an inconvenience than anything else, nothing to really worry about based on ours and most other people's experiences.

1 minute ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Have we seen any interviews waived on VJ since then? Also I would add the interview is really more of an inconvenience than anything else, nothing to really worry about based on ours and most other people's experiences.

I have not seen any exemptions since then which is why this whole topic came up when some one from an AOS interview that happened 3 years ago offered advice to the OP.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
40 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hey! It's all down to personal preference. As many touch on, a marriage certificate is only really needed. However, we preferred personally (even though there's no requirement) to add more evidences of joint accounts, health insurance, car insurance, lease with me added on etc. As I say no requirement to do so but it's up to you. Of course, at the interview we will submit a lot more additional evidence. Good luck :) 

As I have previously said, we will send some evidence we have collected ( 3 joint accounts, a deed, last will, joint utility bills, proofs of pending health and life insurance, only a few pics, cards from family and proof that we live at the same place ) . I don’t have an American drivers license so they told me I can’t be added at the title or insurance of any of our vehicles. 

But hopefully that will be done at the interview time .

Can sending some proofs make your interview a bit less stressful or that really depends on the officer’s personality and mood that day ( considering that the case is without criminal background or illegal entry etc )?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I have not seen any exemptions since then which is why this whole topic came up when some one from an AOS interview that happened 3 years ago offered advice to the OP.

Seems like it would just make sense to waive obvious cases at back logged offices like @Loren Y case, but USCIS and making sense go together like peanut butter and prime rib.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

As I have previously said, we will send some evidence we have collected ( 3 joint accounts, a deed, last will, joint utility bills, proofs of pending health and life insurance, only a few pics, cards from family and proof that we live at the same place ) . I don’t have an American drivers license so they told me I can’t be added at the title or insurance of any of our vehicles. 

But hopefully that will be done at the interview time .

Can sending some proofs make your interview a bit less stressful or that really depends on the officer’s personality and mood that day ( considering that the case is without criminal background or illegal entry etc )?

It really seems like a crapshoot more than anything else. We didn't provide any evidence with our application and the officers didn't ask to see any at the interview. We also didn't really provide that much at the visa interview. Other people have officers want to see everything with no real rhyme or reason to tell you what to expect.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

It really seems like a crapshoot more than anything else. We didn't provide any evidence with our application and the officers didn't ask to see any at the interview. We also didn't really provide that much at the visa interview. Other people have officers want to see everything with no real rhyme or reason to tell you what to expect.

So basically the most important thing is to have a good officer I guess- but also to be very well prepared for the worst one , just in case . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.