Jump to content
Coleslaw

Just got an interview notice after 1.5 years, do I need to get another I-693?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

 

We just got our interview notice for my wife's I-485, after waiting since September of 2017. Since it's been a year and a half, does my wife need to go to another doctor and submit another I-693?

 

We called our attorney he suggested we do it again.. But I don't see the point since vaccinations are good for 10 years.

Edited by Coleslaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coleslaw said:

Hello,

 

We just got our interview notice after waiting since September of 2017. Since it's been a year and a half, does my wife need to go to another doctor and submit another I-693?

 

We called our attorney he suggested we do it again.. But I don't see the point since vaccinations are good for 10 years.

I-693s are valid for 2 years now, provided the doctor signed it within 60 prior to your filing date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

I-693s are valid for 2 years now, provided the doctor signed it within 60 prior to your filing date

He did, thank you!

 

I vaguely remember we got it done between 8/1 - 8/15 and submitted it 9/20-ish

Edited by Coleslaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mellamanlola said:

Are you in Brooklyn NY by any chance 🤔 i ask because of the wait time 

Nope, Phoenix, AZ. When we first started it was supposed to be 6-8 months, that turned into 15-23.5 months a year into it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coleslaw said:

Nope, Phoenix, AZ. When we first started it was supposed to be 6-8 months, that turned into 15-23.5 months a year into it.

 

 

Oh wow!!!Brooklyn NY has one of the longest wait times in NYS 19.5-36.5 and i see a lot of 2017 filers getting their interviews scheduled now!! The wait timw has gone up too for us here 😪 Also the 2 year validity for the i693 is jazz music to my ears tbh ♥️ Cause i sent mine in with my packet 💪🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coleslaw said:

Hello,

 

We just got our interview notice for my wife's I-485, after waiting since September of 2017. Since it's been a year and a half, does my wife need to go to another doctor and submit another I-693?

 

We called our attorney he suggested we do it again.. But I don't see the point since vaccinations are good for 10 years.

normally its recommended if your medical is older than one year before your interview do it again for interview otherwise thats gonna be cos of delay on your green card.They will require updated medical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajay007 said:

normally its recommended if your medical is older than one year before your interview do it again for interview otherwise thats gonna be cos of delay on your green card.They will require updated medical.

That doesn't seem accurate based on everything I've found - https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Updates/20181016-I-693Validity.pdf and under #4 here - https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×