chestnutt

Been here for 5 years and I don't know if I made the right choice.

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, chestnutt said:

for where we live it is quite good money and a dollar goes quite far.

Perspective:  Other VJ members (and people in the general population) would probably knock you out of the way and run over you to get what you have.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, NikLR said:

You said your husband is practical so the best way to approach moving closer to a larger city would be to suggest housing you can afford, in good school district. Some people have a hard time hearing problems when you don't have a solution in mind.  

I agree that you could be suffering from some PPD.  It would help to have someone to talk to about your frustrations who may be able to help you verbalize to your hubs.  

I totally understand how you feel too that you gave up everything and he isn't giving an inch.  But realistically that likely isnt the case so step back and see what he does do just so you arent angry about it as much.  Not because you need to praise him or whatever, just so you remember what you have not just what you lost. 

Ive had to do it a lot.  It does help.  

That's a good idea, I will try and gauge a feel for the cost of moving before I jump right in and just blurt out what I'm imagining in my head. I will try and step back as you suggested, I feel like that will be very helpful.

10 hours ago, Lil bear said:

It would be worthwhile thinking about going to see a counsellor together to help you hear each other and to assist with each of you being supported as you share the challenges. 

I do understand though .. I was back in Melbourne this month and soaked  up as much as I could of the CBD, laneways and shopping strips, ride train, tram and bus everywhere, had breakfast out often and probably overdosed on good flat whites.  It’s a hard transition from a country that is so open to all things from everywhere in the world.. and rural US can be feel really suffocating. I feel for you. 

Yes I feel like counseling could help, even just to get a neutral 3rd party point of view.

10 hours ago, Lil bear said:

I have found ways to get most of the ingredients I need here.. golden syrup, milo, vegemite to name a few... PM me if you want info !!! 

Okay where would I find golden syrup haha, I've not been able to find it anywhere!

3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Perspective:  Other VJ members (and people in the general population) would probably knock you out of the way and run over you to get what you have.

Perhaps. If we were to move to a large city on what we earn we would be in a very different financial situation. I suppose there is a price to be paid for having so many opportunities for new experiences right at your fingertips.

K1:

8th May 2013 - I129F sent

13th May 2013 - NOA1

Aug 2013 - RFE1 received, reply sent 3 days later

1st Oct 2013 - RFE2 received

15th Oct 2013 - RFE2 reply sent

30th Oct 2013 - NOA2 smile.png

8th Nov 2013 - Consulate received case

20th Nov 2013 - Packet 3 received

20th Nov 2013 - Fingerprints taken and police check sent in mail

5th Dec 2013 - Medical examination

9th Dec 2013 - Packet 3 sent off

10th Dec 2013 - Packet 3 received at consulate

30th Dec 2013 - Packet 4 received

21st Jan 2014 - Interview - APPROVED :D :D

11th March 2014 - Married (L)

AOS:

1st April 2014 - Submitted AOS paperwork

10th July 2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case received

9th April 2015 - RFE received for expired I693 (medical exam)

5th May 2015 - Second medical exam conducted

11th May 2015 - Picked medical packet up

12th May 2015 - Sent medical exam results to USCIS

22nd May 2015 - Card ordered to be produced!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 hours ago, chestnutt said:

This has been in the back of my mind, I guess I've maybe been putting off making the phone call a little bit. I will do it today. 

My feelings coming up like this have surprised me a little. I've always been pretty proud of how I managed to leave my whole life behind and jump into this one, but I think you're right about it being a slow build over time and hitting a wall. And on his part I understand that it will be difficult to comprehend.  I clearly need to communicate with him better, I just wish I could do it without the damn waterworks starting and have a level-headed, logical conversation 😐

I can totally relate to that. I am a highly emotional person and have a hard time with confronting difficult topics or situations. I cry at everything!!

I still think it's a worthwhile conversation, waterworks or not, to have - for both of you. Maybe the waterworks would actually serve a purpose - for him to see how hard this is on you, and how this is wearing on you. I suffer from general anxiety and I tried to control it in the beginning of my relationship - I felt like it wasn't his problem. The game changer for me was the day I finally broke down and burst into tears in front of him and just unloaded everything I'd been feeling. It was hard, and I didn't intend on unloading on him like that, that day - but it ended up being necessary. He finally saw what I was going through and felt like he was finally in a position to not only understand me, but work through it with me. Marriage isn't always rainbows and stars - sometimes it's tears, ugly crying, and difficult conversations.

If your relationship with your husband is one you believe in, and he truly loves you, then he will be willing to sit down and talk this through with you. I would 200% want my husband to come to me and talk to me, if he felt the way you did. He has - he tells me when he's having a bad day and misses Sweden more than usual. Sometimes, something as little as just recognizing when you're having worse days than others, with the homesickness, can be helpful. And if it's a matter of needing a larger compromise - like relocating - that deserves just as much acknowledgement and conversation, if not more.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

4 hours ago, chestnutt said:

That's a good idea, I will try and gauge a feel for the cost of moving before I jump right in and just blurt out what I'm imagining in my head. I will try and step back as you suggested, I feel like that will be very helpful.

Yes I feel like counseling could help, even just to get a neutral 3rd party point of view.

Okay where would I find golden syrup haha, I've not been able to find it anywhere!

Perhaps. If we were to move to a large city on what we earn we would be in a very different financial situation. I suppose there is a price to be paid for having so many opportunities for new experiences right at your fingertips.

Amazon!  I think I paid $9 for 2 tins of it. Search for "Lyles Golden Syrup".   

Plus you'd be amazed what you can find on eBay.  I have a seller saved who has almost everything I miss from home, and put in an order every now and then.  Currently on it's way to me: 2 boxes of NutriGrain, some fun-size Crunchies, a bag of Caramello Koalas, Kraft (Bega) peanut butter (crunchy, of course), Smith's Chicken Chips and some of the pearl Cous-Cous I like.   

Sadly I can't get the one thing I really want here which is Up & Go liquid breakfast. I used to have that for breakfast every day and it was great with feeling full until lunch AND tasty. I can't find anything even close to it in terms of the right taste AND not full of sugar. 

Timeline

I feel the same way. I’m from Milan, Italy and now I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere in Central Massachusetts (I call it “the bush” lol). I’ve been here for almost 4 years and it hasn’t been easy. My husband works remote for a nyc company and he owns a house here. When he bought this house he commuted 2 hours one way by car to Boston (crazy, huh!).. I sure can’t do that.. I drive 45 minutes one way (not too too bad during warm months, but hell during winter) for a job that feels just like a job, nothing I care about keeping long term.

Before getting married I visited him here 4 times and we agreed on moving to the Boston area (the plan was to find a place like 30-45 minutes train commute to the city) for a better quality of life and more work opportunities for me. Unfortunately, the house market in the Boston area has been crazy for the past few years. What makes me sad is that my husband doesn’t want to compromise on any other city. I understand that the Boston area is out of our financial possibilities right now, we both don’t want some crazy high mortgage on our shoulders and he says he can’t live in a "tiny" condo because he works from home and he needs some space (his words lol). It’s understandable, but there are countless of other options out there. He doesn’t want to move out of state because of his family, he is very close to his siblings. Our relationship is good, we knew each other for 5 years before getting married. but yea, I’m kind of miserable here and sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. I definitely miss having more of a social life and living in a more "vibrant" area, it gets lonely... hopefully it will get better

10 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

Amazon!  I think I paid $9 for 2 tins of it. Search for "Lyles Golden Syrup".   

Plus you'd be amazed what you can find on eBay.  I have a seller saved who has almost everything I miss from home, and put in an order every now and then.  Currently on it's way to me: 2 boxes of NutriGrain, some fun-size Crunchies, a bag of Caramello Koalas, Kraft (Bega) peanut butter (crunchy, of course), Smith's Chicken Chips and some of the pearl Cous-Cous I like.   

Sadly I can't get the one thing I really want here which is Up & Go liquid breakfast. I used to have that for breakfast every day and it was great with feeling full until lunch AND tasty. I can't find anything even close to it in terms of the right taste AND not full of sugar. 

Oh yes, thank you I will order some. Oh man, crunchies are one of the best things on this planet. It is just nuts how much sugar is hidden in stuff nowadays. Something I've had trouble finding is desiccated coconut, can find the shaved stuff everywhere but it's so chunky!

1 hour ago, Pera82 said:

I feel the same way. I’m from Milan, Italy and now I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere in Central Massachusetts (I call it “the bush” lol). I’ve been here for almost 4 years and it hasn’t been easy. My husband works remote for a nyc company and he owns a house here. When he bought this house he commuted 2 hours one way by car to Boston (crazy, huh!).. I sure can’t do that.. I drive 45 minutes one way (not too too bad during warm months, but hell during winter) for a job that feels just like a job, nothing I care about keeping long term.

Before getting married I visited him here 4 times and we agreed on moving to the Boston area (the plan was to find a place like 30-45 minutes train commute to the city) for a better quality of life and more work opportunities for me. Unfortunately, the house market in the Boston area has been crazy for the past few years. What makes me sad is that my husband doesn’t want to compromise on any other city. I understand that the Boston area is out of our financial possibilities right now, we both don’t want some crazy high mortgage on our shoulders and he says he can’t live in a "tiny" condo because he works from home and he needs some space (his words lol). It’s understandable, but there are countless of other options out there. He doesn’t want to move out of state because of his family, he is very close to his siblings. Our relationship is good, we knew each other for 5 years before getting married. but yea, I’m kind of miserable here and sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. I definitely miss having more of a social life and living in a more "vibrant" area, it gets lonely... hopefully it will get better

I'm so sorry you feel that way. That is an awful drive for him, I second that on the long drive during winter being hell!  I imagine that must be so frustrating you both having the same goal of moving close to Boston but just simply not being able to. Hopefully if you keep a lookout and maybe settle for a "work in progress" type house something may come up for you. Yes I miss having a social life too, it can be very isolating. Sounds like there is some hope for you in the future, hopefully it works out sooner rather than later.

K1:

8th May 2013 - I129F sent

13th May 2013 - NOA1

Aug 2013 - RFE1 received, reply sent 3 days later

1st Oct 2013 - RFE2 received

15th Oct 2013 - RFE2 reply sent

30th Oct 2013 - NOA2 smile.png

8th Nov 2013 - Consulate received case

20th Nov 2013 - Packet 3 received

20th Nov 2013 - Fingerprints taken and police check sent in mail

5th Dec 2013 - Medical examination

9th Dec 2013 - Packet 3 sent off

10th Dec 2013 - Packet 3 received at consulate

30th Dec 2013 - Packet 4 received

21st Jan 2014 - Interview - APPROVED :D :D

11th March 2014 - Married (L)

AOS:

1st April 2014 - Submitted AOS paperwork

10th July 2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case received

9th April 2015 - RFE received for expired I693 (medical exam)

5th May 2015 - Second medical exam conducted

11th May 2015 - Picked medical packet up

12th May 2015 - Sent medical exam results to USCIS

22nd May 2015 - Card ordered to be produced!

12 hours ago, chestnutt said:

Oh yes, thank you I will order some. Oh man, crunchies are one of the best things on this planet. It is just nuts how much sugar is hidden in stuff nowadays. Something I've had trouble finding is desiccated coconut, can find the shaved stuff everywhere but it's so chunky!.

I've had good luck finding it at Walmart - the "organic" kind because it's unsweetened. 

Honestly I've just started making most things at home because even if it's not exactly the same as what I'm used to, it's better than having savoury dishes have that vague undertone of sweetness. Even JAM - I mean, Jam is mostly sugar right? So why is it that the jam here makes my teeth hurt with it's sweetness vs jam from home?   It's so weird. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, dentsflogged said:

I've had good luck finding it at Walmart - the "organic" kind because it's unsweetened. 

Honestly I've just started making most things at home because even if it's not exactly the same as what I'm used to, it's better than having savoury dishes have that vague undertone of sweetness. Even JAM - I mean, Jam is mostly sugar right? So why is it that the jam here makes my teeth hurt with it's sweetness vs jam from home?   It's so weird. 

Americans are addicted to sugar....I constantly check the labels for how many grams of sugar are in things before I buy them because everything here is just so overly sweetened. I also read labels for dubious things like "high fructose corn syrup" and other such creepy fake sugars. Buying organic is a good way to go as organic brands tend to actually care about the health content of their products. If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's grocery store, they have reasonably priced organic no sugar added jam/preserves, in addition to some good quality non-organic low sugar jams.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

On 3/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Pera82 said:

Being able to work 100% remotely is the holy grail of mobility! Can you split time between the US and Italy?

One of my friends works 100% remote and his wife is Chinese, they spend 3 months in China (when it's winter here) and 9 months in Chicago in a condo near downtown. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, Pera82 said:

I'll be moving to Quincy when I come, my husband just moved into our new place at the beginning of the month. He really wanted to be in the more Northern areas (Malden etc) but we were finding it difficult to find an affordable place. I was looking at apartments a year ago and prices back then were even a couple hundred cheaper per month than they are this year. I am excited to be living in the Boston area, but not excited about the prices lol

Timeline
7 hours ago, FluffyBalls said:

Being able to work 100% remotely is the holy grail of mobility! Can you split time between the US and Italy?

One of my friends works 100% remote and his wife is Chinese, they spend 3 months in China (when it's winter here) and 9 months in Chicago in a condo near downtown. 

that's my ultimate goal for the next 5 to 8 years, trying to find a job that will allow me to split between the US and italy :) that would be a dream scenario

2 hours ago, sherydenise said:

I'll be moving to Quincy when I come, my husband just moved into our new place at the beginning of the month. He really wanted to be in the more Northern areas (Malden etc) but we were finding it difficult to find an affordable place. I was looking at apartments a year ago and prices back then were even a couple hundred cheaper per month than they are this year. I am excited to be living in the Boston area, but not excited about the prices lol

Quincy is pretty good, very well connected to the city. I think you'll like the Boston area, there's a lot to do and there are a lot of opportunities.. but yea the cost of living/housing is extremely high at the moment, it's comparable to nyc, it gets overwhelming.. it's all about finding the right balance (still trying to convince my husband on that part 😂)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, TTG said:

Hey Chestnutt. 

You moved across the world for your partner. It's not unreasonable to ask or even expect him to move 30 minutes away from his family. Tell him to grow up and stop being such a townie. Your happiness is important! 

I don't know about that, approaching anyone with an attitude like that doesn't get you far, unless you want a bitter fight...

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

^there is a little more than just saying one can up/move.

If you own a house and paying a mortgage than that also has to be factored in.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.