TomEn

Husband passed away. Not sure what to do next!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I think you have received solid advice and I don't have anything to add to that. I just wanted to share my condolences as well. I cannot imagine what you are going through, and what a tough road this must be. I think honoring your husband by continuing whatever bucket list the two of you had together is not only a beautiful way to honor him, but also a beautiful way to occupy yourself and your time in a positive way while you grieve. I think he'd be happy to know you did that.

Prayers and well wishes for you, and for peace during this difficult time. Hang in there, and just take it one day at a time.

Thank you for your kinds words @Paul & Mallory

I never thought of the bucket list, perhaps that is another thing I should do now to occupy myself. THanks again.

Timeline

Dear VJ family,

In accordance to your input, I have sent in the waiver for joint application and the withdrawl of my N-400 application. It is to be delivered tomorrow. Will keep y'all informed as to how it goes. I am also attaching copies of the letter, hoping it would come in handy for someone else in my situation.

Thanks again for all that you all did for me during this confusing time.

Love,

Enoch

VJ.doc

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Dear Vj members,

as per your advice, I sent in my letters. Today, I received a cancellation receipt of my N-40. I think about 2 weeks ago i went in for my i-551/ I received the stamp./ Sorry that  Im not ablt to give you a proper date on whihc i received it, since Im still drowning my sorrows in alcohol! 

Thanks for all your input an support.

Enoch Mudd

Edited by TomEn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.