Jump to content

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey me and my fiancé had her medical done is Juárez Mexico today. When asked the question about drug use . She said almost a year ago marijuana. Because they said it’s better not to lie. So now since she said that she had to do a second urine test. Which then she gave her some yellow paper that had some recommendations about prevention for the next six months Incase the consulate asks for it at a later date. Does this mean in the interview tomorrow she will automatically be denied.? And receive a ban for a certain amount of time? I find it crazy they tell you to tell the truth and you get punished for it.

 

oh also we were not given our medical papers it went straight to the consulate we were told. We are pretty saddened 

Edited by Joseph_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joseph_D said:

Hey me and my fiancé had her medical done is Juárez Mexico today. When asked the question about drug use . She said almost a year ago marijuana. Because they said it’s better not to lie. So now since she said that she had to do a second urine test. Which then she gave her some yellow paper that had some recommendations about prevention for the next six months Incase the consulate asks for it at a later date. Does this mean in the interview tomorrow she will automatically be denied.? And receive a ban for a certain amount of time? I find it crazy they tell you to tell the truth and you get punished for it.

 

oh also we were not given our medical papers it went straight to the consulate we were told. We are pretty saddened 

I Dont Have The Answer To Your Question But I'm Also Intrested To Know If & How Would This Affect The Visa Descicon. My Fiance Also Smoked In The Past And Stopped Also About A Year Ago & I Thought It Would Be Fine, Now I'm Worried 😕 Please Let Me Know What Happens At The Interview Tomorrow? (Juarez Will Also Be Our Cosulate) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yoli15 said:

I Dont Have The Answer To Your Question But I'm Also Intrested To Know If & How Would This Affect The Visa Descicon. My Fiance Also Smoked In The Past And Stopped Also About A Year Ago & I Thought It Would Be Fine, Now I'm Worried 😕 Please Let Me Know What Happens At The Interview Tomorrow? (Juarez Will Also Be Our Cosulate) 

I will let you know. Everyone keeps saying don’t lie and if she has been truly clean for a year just say no . Because everything will be clear by then. There is no reason to say yes if you know your test will come up negative. That’s my advice. So make sure she really hasn’t smoked in a year. They weren’t even going to give her a second test until she answered honestly. I just don’t know if it’s unusual for the medical to go straight to the consulate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Joseph_D said:

I will let you know. Everyone keeps saying don’t lie and if she has been truly clean for a year just say no . Because everything will be clear by then. There is no reason to say yes if you know your test will come up negative. That’s my advice. So make sure she really hasn’t smoked in a year. They weren’t even going to give her a second test until she answered honestly. I just don’t know if it’s unusual for the medical to go straight to the consulate 

Well I Wish Y'all The Best Of Luck Today At The Interview, & Will Pray They Will Not Make A Decision On Just One Thing Especially If They've Been Clean For A Year Or More. It's Very HeartBreaking To Know That This Could Be The Case When We Felt Like One More Step To Finally Being Together 😪 We Barley Got Our NOA2 On Feb. Please Please Keep Me Updated. Best Wishes Today Also!Keep Positive! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yoli15 said:

Well I Wish Y'all The Best Of Luck Today At The Interview, & Will Pray They Will Not Make A Decision On Just One Thing Especially If They've Been Clean For A Year Or More. It's Very HeartBreaking To Know That This Could Be The Case When We Felt Like One More Step To Finally Being Together 😪 We Barley Got Our NOA2 On Feb. Please Please Keep Me Updated. Best Wishes Today Also!Keep Positive! 

Thank you. Still waiting for her to come out of the consulate fingers crossed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

Thank you. Still waiting for her to come out of the consulate fingers crossed

What Time Was Her Appointment?  Ive Been Anxious To Know All Day Also, Lol😅 I Hope She Has The Best News Once She Comes Out!!   Could I Ask You About The Packet 3, Was It The Same As What Is Online (General Instructions For What Is Needed For Interview & Medical Exam Instructions?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, yoli15 said:

What Time Was Her Appointment?  Ive Been Anxious To Know All Day Also, Lol😅 I Hope She Has The Best News Once She Comes Out!!   Could I Ask You About The Packet 3, Was It The Same As What Is Online (General Instructions For What Is Needed For Interview & Medical Exam Instructions?)

Her appointment was 8:45am but they didn’t have her medical ready that they sent directly over to the consulate so she has been in since 9:30am and it is now 1pm here. Some people said the whole thing waiting took about 6 hours and the interview was 20 minutes or less. As far as instructions for medical when it’s time fill out your ds-160 and pay the embassy fee. And book a date a week or so in advance before arrival. Interview bring all supporting documents same copy as you sent in if possible. Also any updated pictures for on going relationship flights etc. and most importantly financial supporting documents to back up the I-134 affidavit of support 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

Her appointment was 8:45am but they didn’t have her medical ready that they sent directly over to the consulate so she has been in since 9:30am and it is now 1pm here. Some people said the whole thing waiting took about 6 hours and the interview was 20 minutes or less. As far as instructions for medical when it’s time fill out your ds-160 and pay the embassy fee. And book a date a week or so in advance before arrival. Interview bring all supporting documents same copy as you sent in if possible. Also any updated pictures for on going relationship flights etc. and most importantly financial supporting documents to back up the I-134 affidavit of support 

Thank You For The Information .  & Wow That Sucks, But The Positive Side Is, If Not Done By Now, Y'all Only Have A Few Hours Or Minutes Left For This K1 Journey To Be Done With. Hopefully it Won't Be Too Long Now  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, yoli15 said:

Thank You For The Information .  & Wow That Sucks, But The Positive Side Is, If Not Done By Now, Y'all Only Have A Few Hours Or Minutes Left For This K1 Journey To Be Done With. Hopefully it Won't Be Too Long Now  

We were denied. But not totally denied. And not so much over the marijuana situation but over her past tourist visa over stay by about a week. So now we have to fill out a waiver 601 which is another mess and of course another 930 dollars for uncle sam to ask for forgiveness. Imagine that we have to pay a fee for forgiveness 

 

test was negative but still received a five month ban

Edited by Joseph_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

We were denied. But not totally denied. And not so much over the marijuana situation but over her past tourist visa over stay by about a week. So now we have to fill out a waiver 601 which is another mess and of course another 930 dollars for uncle sam to ask for forgiveness. Imagine that we have to pay a fee for forgiveness 

 

test was negative but still received a five month ban

That's Upsetting, But What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger, Right. So Now Y'all Will Fight Extra Stronger & This Fee For Forgivness Will Be Well Worth It When Y'all Are Finally Together. (Although 930 Is Quite A Price To Have To Pay To Be Forgave Especially When You Didn't Aticipate To Have To Make Such Payment)😩😩   Good Luck To Both Of Y'all & Always Stay Postive,  It'll All Be Worth It In The End 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a waiver for a one week overstay? I wasn't aware of that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you would need a waiver if you've overstayed your visa for 6 months or more, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prof_Q said:

You need a waiver for a one week overstay? I wasn't aware of that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you would need a waiver if you've overstayed your visa for 6 months or more, no?

She over stayed by almost two weeks. And when she returned to the airport they revoked her tourist visa and she went home. Mind you this was back in 2011. In Atlanta they accused her of misrepresenting the visa even with no proof or asking why she over stayed. She got a bad deal . That’s the reason why we now need a waiver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With an overstay the Visa was automatically voided, so the I 601 would be for Misrepresentation, do you have a Lawyer to prepare the waiver? Even is there had been a longer overstay, up to 6 months, the ban would have expired by now.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should not lie.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from the VJ ToS, and whilst I am familiar with that I am not on testing procedures current and future.

 

So you lie, they find out you lied and suddenly you are looking at a much worse situation.


“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...