Debzib88

Need some help please.

20 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, pepper297 said:

Congratulations!  I hope this takes some of the weight off of your shoulders ❤️

Thank you. It definitely does. I just hope the next part doesn't take as long. And I can be reunited with my husband in America soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Thank you. It definitely does. I just hope the next part doesn't take as long. And I can be reunited with my husband in America soon. 

The waiting is the worst! I'm excited for you.  My husband and I did the k1 path starting back in 2013.  I was just reading our timeline today and messages I had sent to people in a similar situation.  I vividly remember the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty of the process, fear of being lost in the system, and feeling like we'd never get to be together.  Today we are married, living in our own house, with a little girl that is about to turn three years old!  Life sure is different.  What a whirlwind.  I can't wait for all of your adventures to start!

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

I was worrying that we might not have sent enough evidence

The petition is approved based on the petitioner's legal right to file on your behalf.  The additional evidence to show a bona fide relationship is most important at the embassy/consulate stage.  Some say just take additional evidence to the interview, but often the IO has already made a decision based on documents in the file  before the interview, so I would suggest side-loading additional evidence of visits and co-mingling of finances at the NVC stage.  Me and my husband are preparing additional documents to upload at the NVC stage as soon as the NVC case number is assigned.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

35 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The petition is approved based on the petitioner's legal right to file on your behalf.  The additional evidence to show a bona fide relationship is most important at the embassy/consulate stage.  Some say just take additional evidence to the interview, but often the IO has already made a decision based on documents in the file  before the interview, so I would suggest side-loading additional evidence of visits and co-mingling of finances at the NVC stage.  Me and my husband are preparing additional documents to upload at the NVC stage as soon as the NVC case number is assigned.  Good luck!

Good luck to you too. I think some people over think and send to much, additional information that I would send is the proof of being pregnant. We have each other's names tattooed on us too. We sent photos of our wedding and pictures from trips and I wrote a letter explaining how we met, and stuff. we've been in each other's countries a few times now for a good few months at a time aswel. 

1 hour ago, pepper297 said:

The waiting is the worst! I'm excited for you.  My husband and I did the k1 path starting back in 2013.  I was just reading our timeline today and messages I had sent to people in a similar situation.  I vividly remember the fear of the unknown, the uncertainty of the process, fear of being lost in the system, and feeling like we'd never get to be together.  Today we are married, living in our own house, with a little girl that is about to turn three years old!  Life sure is different.  What a whirlwind.  I can't wait for all of your adventures to start!

It makes you feel paranoid for no reason lol I'm so glad your process went well and you have your happy ever after. Life has felt like a whirlwind since meeting my husband. The past 2 years have been amazing. Luckily we were always in a position we're we could visit for long periods at a time so we haven't ever had to be a part for long. My husband is due to fly back to America on the 5th of march which is going to be hard but His been in the U.K. Since December. We were able to attend the first baby scan together and we're able to find out the application has been approved together too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.