PrincessWy

CEAC is on ‘Ready’�� status but no Packet 3 yet.

14 posts in this topic

We have received a feed back from NVC and we have checked with CEAC that out MNL case number is already on ‘Ready’. We have already collected all the documents we need for the interview, except of course for the medical. Can we already schedule the interview even if we have not received the Packet 3 from USEM? Or should we wait for them?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, PrincessWy said:

We have received a feed back from NVC and we have checked with CEAC that out MNL case number is already on ‘Ready’. We have already collected all the documents we need for the interview, except of course for the medical. Can we already schedule the interview even if we have not received the Packet 3 from USEM? Or should we wait for them?

Yes, this was answered in your other thread.  Packet three is online on the website.   Follow the five steps on the embassy website.   If you wait for packet three you will be waiting a very long time.  You can get going  RIGHT NOW

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, PrincessWy said:

There isn't a packet 3 .. there is a "welcome letter"  that says very little, most don't receive it, some get an email.   < You don't need it.   If you want a copy, there is a link from within the website I linked below.

If your status on CEAC is READY then it is ROCK n ROLL Time for sure!!!    You be burnin' daylight!

Helpful link: http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html 

Setup your account/profile

Pay the visa fee

Schedule the interview (12-24hrs after paying)

Complete the medical

Complete CFO

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so confused.  Our case status shows READY but it explicitly says, "Please follow the appointment schedule provided to you by NVC. If you do not have a schedule from NVC, please wait for scheduling instructions or a notification from the U.S. Embassy Manila."    

If this is they case why are you saying to move forward?  Why will it take a long time to get the scheduling instructions?  Please help.

Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 6:19 PM, payxibka said:

Yes, this was answered in your other thread.  Packet three is online on the website.   Follow the five steps on the embassy website.   If you wait for packet three you will be waiting a very long time.  You can get going  RIGHT NOW

I am so confused.  Our case status shows READY but it explicitly says, "Please follow the appointment schedule provided to you by NVC. If you do not have a schedule from NVC, please wait for scheduling instructions or a notification from the U.S. Embassy Manila."    

If this is they case why are you saying to move forward?  Why will it take a long time to get the scheduling instructions?  Please help.

Timeline
3 hours ago, praisejourney said:

I am so confused.  Our case status shows READY but it explicitly says, "Please follow the appointment schedule provided to you by NVC. If you do not have a schedule from NVC, please wait for scheduling instructions or a notification from the U.S. Embassy Manila."    

That info is for immigrant visas, which the K-1 is not.  NVC for the most part processes immigrant visas so for the K-1 they just use their form letter ..    NVC will schedule nothing for you.

If your CEAC status is READY .. then you are burning daylight!  Time to ROCK n ROLL!!       Get 'er done!

Here is a link to the complete process for the Philippines, it also includes links to the embassy website, SLEC and CFO.   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Why would it take a long time if you wait for the embassy to send you a letter or email?  Because MOST never receive this magical letter/email.    My wife is still waiting for hers ...  :lol:  

Follow the guide .. and all will be done quickly

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

That info is for immigrant visas, which the K-1 is not.  NVC for the most part processes immigrant visas so for the K-1 they just use their form letter ..    NVC will schedule nothing for you.

If your CEAC status is READY .. then you are burning daylight!  Time to ROCK n ROLL!!       Get 'er done!

Here is a link to the complete process for the Philippines, it also includes links to the embassy website, SLEC and CFO.   https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Why would it take a long time if you wait for the embassy to send you a letter or email?  Because MOST never receive this magical letter/email.    My wife is still waiting for hers ...  :lol:  

This really worries me because our attorney is saying they will not take next steps until my fiancee receives her letter from the embassay! Ahhhhh. 

Timeline

This is a DO IT YOURSELF website  .. we find attorneys gum up the works more than add a little grease to make things move smoother.

I am not an attorney, never played one on TV either . I did sleep at a Holiday Express ....  didn't feel any different the next morning.     I do know that if you follow the guide I have created you will be done with the interview in short order.

I have been offering "guidance" for those processing through the Philippines for many years, I do not advise people, so ...  the rest is your decision.

FYI .. if you ask on the forum how many actually received the embassy notice letter/email most will tell you as I did ... they never received it.      My wife is still waiting for her letter (and she is now a USC)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, shelo said:

Hi! I took the risk and booked my interview (18-Feb) without the letter or notice from either NVC or USEM. My status has been "READY" since Tuesday.

Now follow the 5 steps on the embassy website

Gather all documents as listed in the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST  (STEP 5).  You may have provided these documents during the NVC processing but are still required, once more, for the interview process.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

.., plus complete your medical.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

You won't be able to complete CFO-PDOS until you have your passport with visa in hand.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 1:38 AM, Hank_ said:

Thanks Hank again for all of your help! You are amazing man! You are right. Many times the packet will not be sent. They said a packet never went out and that they are emailing me the packet.  So the best thing to do in the situation if your attorney is needing the eligibility letter is to call the phone number on the status ready page and have them email you a copy.  Thanks again for your blog post too. Great information!

Timeline

(and you had to call to get them to actually send it ;)  )

So you got a letter with a link to the embassy website finally  ... and that is 17 days wasted.   

You could be a poster child for why to NOT use an attorney.

Hopefully your lawyer will get things done quickly now  (even though you will be doing the majority)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.