25 posts in this topic

Hello and congrats! Just wanted to clear something... an ACR is enough proof of residence (my ACR has been renewed 2x and i've been staying in the PI for 16 months and renewing my tourist visa)? Permanent residency in the Philippines is not required to apply for DCF?

Further background... I met my wife in 2016, moved here in October 2017, got married here in PI last September 2018 and our baby was born last October. Now planning to move back to the US. 

4 hours ago, Lyrs said:

Hello and congrats! Just wanted to clear something... an ACR is enough proof of residence (my ACR has been renewed 2x and i've been staying in the PI for 16 months and renewing my tourist visa)? Permanent residency in the Philippines is not required to apply for DCF?

Further background... I met my wife in 2016, moved here in October 2017, got married here in PI last September 2018 and our baby was born last October. Now planning to move back to the US. 

Thanks !, :)

To be honest with you , your case of residency is way far from the couple I was with during the filing of petition (seems to be the petitioner intentionally stayed in the Philippines for 6 months just to do the DCF) that’s why they refuse them .

You’re on the positive side . You’ve been staying in the Philippines for almost two years. Showing ACR card would definitely help and even more if you ever had an old ones too (ACR Card) . As you said you’ve renewed yours. 

I have no idea how the lady behind the window 25 would deal about this , it’s all up to her . She’s quite strict and sarcastic if you did something wrong with your papers (base on my experience) And I guess they just don’t want people applying DCF lol , the time frame for Direct Consular Filing is really fast and insane . 

On 3/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, Chris Duffy said:

How long is approval on DCF in Philippines,  not having expedited processing?

In DCF ,It depends some got approved 4-7 days without expedited process some also got approved 1 month later , every case is not the same . 

11 hours ago, WeareReady2go000 said:

Thanks !, :)

To be honest with you , your case of residency is way far from the couple I was with during the filing of petition (seems to be the petitioner intentionally stayed in the Philippines for 6 months just to do the DCF) that’s why they refuse them .

You’re on the positive side . You’ve been staying in the Philippines for almost two years. Showing ACR card would definitely help and even more if you ever had an old ones too (ACR Card) . As you said you’ve renewed yours. 

I have no idea how the lady behind the window 25 would deal about this , it’s all up to her . She’s quite strict and sarcastic if you did something wrong with your papers (base on my experience) And I guess they just don’t want people applying DCF lol , the time frame for Direct Consular Filing is really fast and insane . 

Hello and thanks for your reply. I have another question... i hope you don't mind.

Do i have to be in the Philippines while everything is being processed? I already have a job in the US and planning to leave soon but I can go back to file for my wife. 

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Lyrs said:

Hello and thanks for your reply. I have another question... i hope you don't mind.

Do i have to be in the Philippines while everything is being processed? I already have a job in the US and planning to leave soon but I can go back to file for my wife. 

Thanks again!

The petitioner presence is required , because you are the one who has to file the petition for your spouse on DCF ( Direct Consular Filing)  , You may take your beneficiary with you to the US embassy . (Note that they let you sign some papers both Petitioner and Beneficiary so better be there together. ) base on our experience 

3 hours ago, Lyrs said:

Thanks again!

After you file the petition , you may leave to go to  USA there will be no problem, 

1 hour ago, WeareReady2go000 said:

After you file the petition , you may leave to go to  USA there will be no problem, 

Thanks again!! Last question hehehe... do you include Affidavit of Support (Form i-864) when you file the petition?

4 hours ago, Lyrs said:

Thanks again!! Last question hehehe... do you include Affidavit of Support (Form i-864) when you file the petition?

No problem , heheh 

no you don’t have to include that , that is only needed on your wife’s interview

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.