25 posts in this topic

We got approved in 13 days from filing!  

DCF (Direct Consular Filing) US Embassy Manila, Philippines

We finally got an email of approval in our filed I-130 / CR1 !!!😁 Just 13 days from filing!  ( Well, I know that some even got approved here within 4-7days in DCF)🤔

On February 12, 2019 we went to Manila US Embassy to file the I-130 , Category - CR1  , petitioner must provide proof of residency in the Philippines (They are quite strict about this , requiring minimum of 6 months residency in the Philippines ,it will help you if you can provide these things with the petitioner's name on it ,Philippines Bank account, Car Registration , Car Insurance , Debit/Credit Cards of some banks in the Philippines , Driving License, contract of Lease or house you own Showing petitioner's name ,Ph Shopping Malls Cards ,internet billings, ACR card, etc. it's up to what you have . As long as  you provide as much as you can to show residency in the country or else the woman receiving your petition at window 25 might advise you not to file through DCF if you can't provide enough proof -WHICH NOTE THAT THIS THING DID HAPPENED WHEN WE WERE THERE, There was a couple who wants to file I-130 through DCF Manila US Embassy the same day we filed and we heard the lady talking to them in window 25 that she was advising them not to file because they would definitely will be denied , as what I heard the couple only provide contract of lease of 6 months and ACR Card  as proof of residency for the petitioner which is clearly not convincing enough. 

While we did the Direct Consular Filing in Manila Embassy , We also got approval for expedite processing due to petitioner's health condition( must provide proof , in our case we provided documents from hospital showing diagnosed health problems related  ,Note that you can't easily get approval with requesting expedition process without proof. 

💛  February 25,2019 they approved our petition but they sent the email Feb.26 at 7AM - I have also attached here the approval letter that we received,

-----  ☺️So Excited now and just waiting for our Manila Case Number to schedule the medical and the interview! 

--Neneth

Approval letter ,,,.jpg

Edited by WeareReady2go000
attached picture uploaded

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congrats!

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Congrats on the 1st step.  I'm prepared to do DCF in China later this year.  First thing I did to prepare was get a 2 year residence permit, and it should be easy to prove if needed with my drivers license listing my address and other random bills I pay.  There's no way I want to run into that situation as the other couple you overheard while you were in the office.  The wait gap between DCF and non-DCF is huge, so I've done all I can to prepare to avoid having to forward it to Chicago.

Out of curiosity, is the ACR card you mentioned some equivalent of a tourist visa?  I've never been to the Philippines, so a bit curious what type of visa that foreigner may have had.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

3 hours ago, givionte said:

Congrats on the 1st step.  I'm prepared to do DCF in China later this year.  First thing I did to prepare was get a 2 year residence permit, and it should be easy to prove if needed with my drivers license listing my address and other random bills I pay.  There's no way I want to run into that situation as the other couple you overheard while you were in the office.  The wait gap between DCF and non-DCF is huge, so I've done all I can to prepare to avoid having to forward it to Chicago.

Out of curiosity, is the ACR card you mentioned some equivalent of a tourist visa?  I've never been to the Philippines, so a bit curious what type of visa that foreigner may have had.

Hi there! ACR Card known as ( Alien Certificate of Registration ) is from the Philippines . China would probably have a different kind of card  for foreigners residing in China ( Which i dont know About ) . As in the  Philippines ACR is a credit card-sized identification card issued to all registered aliens who stayed in the Philippines for more than fifty-nine (59) days. Most expats and foreigners living in the Philippines have this (it is not a permanent residence card though) but it shows proof of residence in the Philippines . Note again  that you Will be filing in China for DCF and they probably have a different kind of card ,etc . :)

Congrats!

When did you receive the email from the Immigrant Visa office with your case number? How many days was it after your approval letter from USCIS?

Thanks!
Jordan

Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines🏳️‍🌈
FEB 20, 2019
 - I-130 filed w/USCIS Manila Field Office (DCF) - $535 fee

FEB 26, 2019 - I-130 Approved (notified via email) 

MAR 04, 2019 - Interview scheduling instructions & case number rec'd from US Embassy Manila (via email)

MAR 08, 2019 - Medical @ SLEM (completed in 1 day) - P17,025/$323 fee

MAR 18, 2019 - Interview at US Embassy Manila (approved!) - $325 fee

MAR 22, 2019 - Text rec'd from 2Go, Visa packet picked up at SM Megamall (30 days from USCIS filing)

MAR 25, 2019 - Paid IV Fee online - $220 fee

-------------------------------------------

APR 08, 2019 - CFO GCP Session (scheduled) - P400/$8 fee

MAY 12, 2019 - Planned Entry at SFO 

FEB 12, 2021 - Eligible to File I-751 (Removal of Conditions) - $640/$725 fee

FEB 11, 2022 - Eligible to File N-400 (Naturalization) - $595 fee

34 minutes ago, JordanT said:

Congrats!

When did you receive the email from the Immigrant Visa office with your case number? How many days was it after your approval letter from USCIS?

Thanks!
Jordan

Hi Jordan ,

I have not receive my case number yet still anxiously and patiently waiting til now its been only 1 day since i received the approval letter . I don’t know how many days it will take but if I’ll still dont get it after 10 days . I Will call the IV office in US embassy Manila . 

I Will update it here if ever i Will get My case number . 

Thanks , :) Neneth

Just now, WeareReady2go000 said:

Hi Jordan ,

I have not receive my case number yet still anxiously and patiently waiting til now its been only 1 day since i received the approval letter . I don’t know how many days it will take but if I’ll still dont get it after 10 days . I Will call the IV office in US embassy Manila . 

I Will update it here if ever i Will get My case number . 

Thanks , :) Neneth

Ahh ok! Same status, then. 

We applied on the 20th, and also received the approval from USCIS on Feb 26!  Now we wait for the case number and *pray* that the wait for interview is not extremely long. 😕 

Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines🏳️‍🌈
FEB 20, 2019
 - I-130 filed w/USCIS Manila Field Office (DCF) - $535 fee

FEB 26, 2019 - I-130 Approved (notified via email) 

MAR 04, 2019 - Interview scheduling instructions & case number rec'd from US Embassy Manila (via email)

MAR 08, 2019 - Medical @ SLEM (completed in 1 day) - P17,025/$323 fee

MAR 18, 2019 - Interview at US Embassy Manila (approved!) - $325 fee

MAR 22, 2019 - Text rec'd from 2Go, Visa packet picked up at SM Megamall (30 days from USCIS filing)

MAR 25, 2019 - Paid IV Fee online - $220 fee

APR 08, 2019 - CFO GCP Session (scheduled) - P400/$8 fee

MAY 12, 2019 - Planned Entry at SFO 

FEB 12, 2021 - Eligible to File I-751 (Removal of Conditions) - $640/$725 fee

FEB 11, 2022 - Eligible to File N-400 (Naturalization) - $595 fee

16 hours ago, WeareReady2go000 said:

As in the  Philippines ACR is a credit card-sized identification card issued to all registered aliens who stayed in the Philippines for more than fifty-nine (59) days.

Thanks, I was just asking for curiosity sake, because I have never visited the Philippines, but I'd like to one day in the future.  Yes, in China we have different residence permits depending on what you do here, and looks like a visa in the passport.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

22 hours ago, JordanT said:

Ahh ok! Same status, then. 

We applied on the 20th, and also received the approval from USCIS on Feb 26!  Now we wait for the case number and *pray* that the wait for interview is not extremely long. 😕 

Hi there !  , 

February 12,2019 9:30AM : I-130 petition filed via DCF Manila

February 25,2019  I-130 petition approved  (been emailed on February 26,2019 7:00AM

February  28, 2019 2:15PM : Case Number received in Email

------ 😉So it came within 3 days ! yeahh but some even got their case number the same time they got their approval letter . 

Anyways, I'm so happy now and I just want to update you all in this forum  ( I'm posting here late because I got so anxious and right away took care of the DS-260 online filling up /printing all the confirmation letter/appointment letter, St Lukes Medical Registration, And the Visa interview that I made for this coming 2nd week of March.

I have attached the email that I got with my case number here's how it looks

Manila Case Number,,.jpg

Congratulations!

It's crazy the speed that they can approve you once they have the file. It's a shame that USCIS doesn't' dedicate CR-1/IR-1 petitions to dedicated personal  but instead they got to deal with random visas requiring different methods of checking. I honestly think that if you do all the work of traveling out to the country to get married that the service center should just route your file to the embassy to do the paperwork there. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Hello, congrats on getting approved!

My wife and I also just got our case number this week (almost the exact same amount of time as you) and we are just wondering if you have paid any fees or anything online when completing the DS-260 and other online forms. All the instructions given to us tell us to get and agent and pay fees, but when we look the IV Fees say "N/A" and we can't seem to click onto anything. We have scheduled our appointment for the 2nd week of March and completed the DS-260 but we haven't seen any kind of fees to pay. Also (if you don't mind me asking) what are you bringing with you to the interview to prove domicile in the US? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congrats! 

This is crazy fast! We applied for I-130 DCF in Delhi, India on 8th January got approved on 8th February. Our notice of approval reached on 19th Feb. Still no case number, but keeping our fingers crossed. 

Good luck with the interview! 

2 minutes ago, Keanu_Reid said:

My wife and I also just got our case number this week (almost the exact same amount of time as you) and we are just wondering if you have paid any fees or anything online when completing the DS-260 and other online forms. All the instructions given to us tell us to get and agent and pay fees, but when we look the IV Fees say "N/A" and we can't seem to click onto anything. We have scheduled our appointment for the 2nd week of March and completed the DS-260 but we haven't seen any kind of fees to pay. Also (if you don't mind me asking) what are you bringing with you to the interview to prove domicile in the US? 

Hi ! Congrats too! :)

You dont have to pay fees for now while you submit DS-260 online if you did the DCF ( direct consular filing) way . They said on the email that you will just pay the $325 in US embassy manila at the cashier on the interview . Note: this is a CR1 visa fee

6 minutes ago, Keanu_Reid said:

Regarding to Proof of Domicile ;

I made a Proof of domicile letter explaining that i intent to live permanently back in United States explaining that I have attached the ff documents as a proof of domicile

-A proof of domicile letter composed by myself (the petitioner)

- US Driving License 

-Car Registration in the USA

- Active Debit/Credit Cards 

- Active Bank Accounts 

- My USA Health Insurance 

etc. AnY document that you may think Will help you prove your domicile in the United States

13 minutes ago, Kuneesa said:

Congrats! 

This is crazy fast! We applied for I-130 DCF in Delhi, India on 8th January got approved on 8th February. Our notice of approval reached on 19th Feb. Still no case number, but keeping our fingers crossed. 

Good luck with the interview! 

Thanks ! Good LUck too :) 

That case number Will come soon , you can maybe try to contact the Immigration office in that country by calling them and see if they can help you get some update About your case number 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.