Lorna&Alex

I-797c (NOA1) for I-485 is LOST!! Renewing AP/EAD

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

My EAD/AP runs out on August 28th so I was starting the renewal process today and planning to send everything by tomorrow or the next day. However, as I've been doing all the paperwork I've discovered that I've lost NOA1 for the I-485 and I need this for the renewal (and yes, I've 100% lost it). I need to send the renewal stuff by the end of this week because it's now 6 months until my EAD/AP runs out, can anyone please tell me how I can get another NOA1 for I-485 quickly???

Thank you in advance!!

Quickly? No. You'll have to apply for a new one. It costs $465.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-824

File your renewal anyways without the receipt notice. That may get you an RFE but you'll be able to delay more while you wait for the receipt notice.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Quickly? No. You'll have to apply for a new one. It costs $465.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-824

File your renewal anyways without the receipt notice. That may get you an RFE but you'll be able to delay more while you wait for the receipt notice.

Okay, thanks for sending the link for me to apply for a new one. $465 sucks but it's my fault for losing it in the first place!

If it takes a while for me to receive the new NOA1 for the I-485 and I do get the RFE for not providing it in the renewal package, is there a possibility that I won't be able to renew my EAD/AP in time and I'll have to quit my job and also stop traveling out of the US?

Always, always, always scan all your receipts and paper work and put it in the cloud. 

As long as your EAD/AP isn't expired you can work and travel but as soon as it's expired and you haven't received the 180 day extension letter for the EAD (they don't send one for the AP) you won't be able to continue to work. 

2 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Okay, thanks for sending the link for me to apply for a new one. $465 sucks but it's my fault for losing it in the first place!

If it takes a while for me to receive the new NOA1 for the I-485 and I do get the RFE for not providing it in the renewal package, is there a possibility that I won't be able to renew my EAD/AP in time and I'll have to quit my job and also stop traveling out of the US?

It will take a while. Processing times for the I824 are 3.5 to 10 months.

If it takes too long you won't be able to work or leave and return to the US. Hopefully you get your GC interview by then.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It will take a while. Processing times for the I824 are 3.5 to 10 months.

If it takes too long you won't be able to work or leave and return to the US. Hopefully you get your GC interview by then.

Let's hope I get my GC interview very soon then....

To be completely honest, I'm not sure I ever even got my NOA1 for I-485 sent to me in the mail

1 minute ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Let's hope I get my GC interview very soon then....

To be completely honest, I'm not sure I ever even got my NOA1 for I-485 sent to me in the mail

Well you can try to request a "missing receipt notice" through here :

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&

But if USPS has declared it as delivered you will have to go the other route above.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.