Jump to content
NicoleM

K1 - How to Book Montreal Medical

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The P4 instructions are not clear. Do I call the Medisys Health Group to book, and just clarify that it is for US immigration? I can see their book online option has an "immigration medical", but it seems like that would mean immigration to Canada, not the US. Anyone gone through the Montreal medical recently? What was the booking process? What did you bring to the medical exam? It looks like I need to bring 5 passport photos, the P4 letter, and some appointment confirmation sheet. Is that the K1 visa appointment confirmation email?


NOA1 - June 15, 2018  

NOA2 - Dec. 6, 2018  

NVC received case Jan. 16, 2019

NVC issued case number - Jan. 17, 2019

Case left NVC - Feb. 5, 2019

Case received at Montreal Consulate - Feb. 7, 2019 

Case changed to "Ready" on CEAC - Feb. 11, 2019

Sent P3 documents - Feb 22, 2019 

Received P4 instructions, paid fee, and booked interview - Feb. 25, 2019 

❤️ My K1 visa interview ❤️ - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!!

CEAC status changed to ISSUED - April 5, 2019 :D

Visa on Hand - April 8, 2019

US Entry - July 31, 2019

Wedding - October 14, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NicoleM said:

The P4 instructions are not clear. Do I call the Medisys Health Group to book, and just clarify that it is for US immigration? I can see their book online option has an "immigration medical", but it seems like that would mean immigration to Canada, not the US. Anyone gone through the Montreal medical recently? What was the booking process? What did you bring to the medical exam? It looks like I need to bring 5 passport photos, the P4 letter, and some appointment confirmation sheet. Is that the K1 visa appointment confirmation email?

Yup you just call them to book and make sure you tell them its for U.S. immigration and they will ask when your interview is and give you a date with enough time to get your results back. When you book they will tell you everything you need to bring.

 

-5 passport style photos

-Immunization record

-Letter that shows your appointment

-Letter from your dr with any medications you are taking 

-Bring the meds with labels on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KelsJosh said:

Yup you just call them to book and make sure you tell them its for U.S. immigration and they will ask when your interview is and give you a date with enough time to get your results back. When you book they will tell you everything you need to bring.

 

-5 passport style photos

-Immunization record

-Letter that shows your appointment

-Letter from your dr with any medications you are taking 

-Bring the meds with labels on

Ok thank you! 😁


NOA1 - June 15, 2018  

NOA2 - Dec. 6, 2018  

NVC received case Jan. 16, 2019

NVC issued case number - Jan. 17, 2019

Case left NVC - Feb. 5, 2019

Case received at Montreal Consulate - Feb. 7, 2019 

Case changed to "Ready" on CEAC - Feb. 11, 2019

Sent P3 documents - Feb 22, 2019 

Received P4 instructions, paid fee, and booked interview - Feb. 25, 2019 

❤️ My K1 visa interview ❤️ - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!!

CEAC status changed to ISSUED - April 5, 2019 :D

Visa on Hand - April 8, 2019

US Entry - July 31, 2019

Wedding - October 14, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on getting an interview date!! ...and good luck!

It looks like my timeline is not too far from yours . My status shows ‘Ready’ since Feb 21 and I haven’t received P3 yet. I am assuming that I have to wait for it before I send in the P3 documents ; though I read elsewhere in the forum that beneficiaries were sending in the P3 documents after the ‘Ready’ status and before  actually receiving the P3 from the embassy, and that it was fine to do so.  I am not sure how Montreal embassy is with it ; so  I was just curious whether you received  the P3 from Montreal before you sent in the P3 documents or did you send it in because the status showed ‘Ready’. I couldn’t make out from the your timeline listed. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know so that I can proceed likewise.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Rotnkid said:

Congrats on getting an interview date!! ...and good luck!

It looks like my timeline is not too far from yours . My status shows ‘Ready’ since Feb 21 and I haven’t received P3 yet. I am assuming that I have to wait for it before I send in the P3 documents ; though I read elsewhere in the forum that beneficiaries were sending in the P3 documents after the ‘Ready’ status and before  actually receiving the P3 from the embassy, and that it was fine to do so.  I am not sure how Montreal embassy is with it ; so  I was just curious whether you received  the P3 from Montreal before you sent in the P3 documents or did you send it in because the status showed ‘Ready’. I couldn’t make out from the your timeline listed. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know so that I can proceed likewise.

Thanks

Is that the first "Ready"? I'm guessing your case left the NVC on the 19th? Once it updates again, it is likely P3 being put in the mail. My case left the NVC on Feb. 5, it arrived on the 7 (known via dhl hack), first Ready was Feb. 11. It stayed that way until the "case last updated" changed to Feb. 20. I assumed this was P3 being put in the mail. I filled out the DS-160 on Feb. 21. On Feb. 22 (I live in Montreal, seemed long enough) and then I sent my P3 docs on the 22nd. They accepted it and I got P4 on Feb. 25. I never got P3 - I just found out TONIGHT that my parents in Nova Scotia got my P3 letter TODAY lol. I confirmed my Montreal address with the consulate, so I don't know what's up with that.

 

So long story short, if your current 'Ready' is the first one, wait until the 'second' Ready (when the case date changes), wait 2 days and then send your P3 docs. Chances are high it'll work if you wait a little bit after the second 'Ready'. Hope that helps!

Edited by NicoleM

NOA1 - June 15, 2018  

NOA2 - Dec. 6, 2018  

NVC received case Jan. 16, 2019

NVC issued case number - Jan. 17, 2019

Case left NVC - Feb. 5, 2019

Case received at Montreal Consulate - Feb. 7, 2019 

Case changed to "Ready" on CEAC - Feb. 11, 2019

Sent P3 documents - Feb 22, 2019 

Received P4 instructions, paid fee, and booked interview - Feb. 25, 2019 

❤️ My K1 visa interview ❤️ - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!!

CEAC status changed to ISSUED - April 5, 2019 :D

Visa on Hand - April 8, 2019

US Entry - July 31, 2019

Wedding - October 14, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for the detailed reply!. I really appreciate it. I didn’t know about the ‘second’ Ready part.

For my case, on Feb 19 it said ‘in transit’ to consular section and on Feb 21 it changed to ‘Ready’. The date of case update shows the same date  (Feb 21) today; so as you explained, I understand it is still at the first Ready. I will wait for the second Ready and then wait further before sending.

For some reason I thought that the P3 and P4 were being sent out by email; must watch out for the packets in the mail now.

Thank you very much for all the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rotnkid said:

Thank you very much for the detailed reply!. I really appreciate it. I didn’t know about the ‘second’ Ready part.

For my case, on Feb 19 it said ‘in transit’ to consular section and on Feb 21 it changed to ‘Ready’. The date of case update shows the same date  (Feb 21) today; so as you explained, I understand it is still at the first Ready. I will wait for the second Ready and then wait further before sending.

For some reason I thought that the P3 and P4 were being sent out by email; must watch out for the packets in the mail now.

Thank you very much for all the information.

Some people do get P3 by email (on the day that second Ready happens). They had my email so I don't know, it seems random who gets P3 by email, but most of the time it goes by mail. P4 is always by email though (you will get P4 in their reply to your P3 docs that you send them).


NOA1 - June 15, 2018  

NOA2 - Dec. 6, 2018  

NVC received case Jan. 16, 2019

NVC issued case number - Jan. 17, 2019

Case left NVC - Feb. 5, 2019

Case received at Montreal Consulate - Feb. 7, 2019 

Case changed to "Ready" on CEAC - Feb. 11, 2019

Sent P3 documents - Feb 22, 2019 

Received P4 instructions, paid fee, and booked interview - Feb. 25, 2019 

❤️ My K1 visa interview ❤️ - April 3, 2019 = APPROVED!!

CEAC status changed to ISSUED - April 5, 2019 :D

Visa on Hand - April 8, 2019

US Entry - July 31, 2019

Wedding - October 14, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...