Jump to content
Joseph palafox

How to do a summary of relationships for i130

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi im new here and where filing for dcf this month although we started last week however we where missing few things like a summary of relationships and my residency. About the residency i gave them my dual certificate and my current phililppines  driver license which my d.l was expired on 2013 and just had renewed this month of February. I need to ask if a rentals agreement that been notarized by a atty would be okie to complete my residency? ive been here in the phililppines since 2001 but went back to the u.s for vacation 2016 to 2017 for ten months. Regarding the summary ofe relationship does anyone know or have a sample on how? Please help we will be back at the u.s embassy in two weeks. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Joseph palafox said:

Hi im new here and where filing for dcf this month although we started last week however we where missing few things like a summary of relationships and my residency. About the residency i gave them my dual certificate and my current phililppines  driver license which my d.l was expired on 2013 and just had renewed this month of February. I need to ask if a rentals agreement that been notarized by a atty would be okie to complete my residency? ive been here in the phililppines since 2001 but went back to the u.s for vacation 2016 to 2017 for ten months. Regarding the summary ofe relationship does anyone know or have a sample on how? Please help we will be back at the u.s embassy in two weeks. Thanks 

To show proof of domicile you need a bit more. Here's some suggestions fro the wiki.

 

Domicile

Please note, if the petitioner lives with the beneficiary abroad, you'll need to provide proof of US domicile with the AOS package, as well as bring it with you to the interview. Please read the I-864 instructions (pages 3 and 4) for information about it. This is NOT needed if the petitioner is living in the US. Here is a sample cover letter to include in the package (it lists MANY possible documents, some may not be applicable, of course, to prove that you have, or will re-establish, domicile in the US):


NAME

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

Form I-864

Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile


I, XXXX, am currently residing in FOREIGN COUNTRY with my spouse, SPOUSE'S NAME. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principal residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to the US with my family.


Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

• Maintained my XXXX voter registration

• Maintained my XXXX credit card registered in the US with a US PO box

• Maintained my bank account at the XXXX Credit Union

• Maintained my bank account at XXXX Bank

• Maintained my XXXX drivers license

• Maintained my US retirement fund through XXXX

• Maintained my US investment account with XXXX

• Maintained my US PO box

• Maintained licensure by the XXXX

• Maintained membership in the XXXX

• Maintained my automobile in care of my parents


Supporting Documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Voter registration card showing permanent US address

• XXXX credit card statement showing US billing address

• XXXX Credit Union statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX Bank statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX drivers license showing permanent US address

• Retirement fund statement showing permanent US address

• Mutual fund statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX license currently up to date

• Renewal of XXXX membership

• County tax bill showing I still own a vehicle


Steps I have taken to return to the US to take up residence:

• Made arrangements for us to have a house to live in

• Contacted schools for requirements of things to bring to register my children in school

• Contacted my auto insurance company to find out about re-instating my insurance on my car

• Contacted shipping company for estimate of costs to ship belongings


Supporting documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Lease agreement for our house

• Email from schools regarding registration requirements

• Email from my former auto insurance company regarding my inquiry

• Email from XXXX with estimate and correspondence regarding shipping our belongings


I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: ______________________

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-June-2019/

Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just write out a relationship timeline. Dates and a brief word of what happened on that date. You meet, you n text, you called, you got engaged, you fly to them, meet family.

 

RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE 

           Minnie Mouse– Petitioner

           Mickey Mouse - Beneficiary


 
  • May, 2008 – Meet (put in names here) on the telephone via an introduction by my close friend, Goofy,

  • August, 2008 – Started e-mailing, chatting on Yahoo Messenger and talking on the telephone.

  • November, 2008 – Relationship progressing to a serious level. Made trip #1 to Osaka, Japan. Met his family and friends.

  • January, 2009 – Mickey proposed marriage over the phone. I accepted. We are officially engaged!

  • February, 2009 – I file an I-129F fiancé petition for Mickey in the U.S. on a K1 Visa.  I have kids from my first marriage and we thought it would be considerate to have them meet Mickey prior to marriage and be present at their mother’s wedding, therefore, petitioning for the K1 and not the K3 or CR-1.

  • February, 2009 – Trip #2 to Osaka, Japan. Our engagement party!

  • May 2009 – I-129F petition approved by the USCIS.

  • July 2009 – Mickey’s interview at the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. Request made by CO for more photos and e-mails.

  • August, 2009 – 2nd interview at the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. Present many more e-mails phone records and photos documenting our relationship. Mickey’s visa application placed in Administrative Processing status.

  • September, 2009 – Trip #3 to Osaka, Japan. Sweet reunion.

  • November, 2009 – Request assistance from my Congresswoman – Carolyn McCarthy - to make inquiries on my behalf to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan regarding Mickey’s lengthy AP.

  • December, 2009 – Case remains under Administrative Processing status.

  • January, 2010 – I make a request of the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan to meet with the investigator handling our case in hopes of expediting the lengthy AP period. Request granted.

  • February 8, 2010 – Fraud investigators from the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan pay a visit to Mickey’s parents house.  His parents confirm that our relationship is genuine and that they support it.

  • February 16, 2010 – Trip #4 to Osaka, Japan. Meet with fraud investigators at U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. We are both interviewed separately and asked many questions pertaining to the details of our relationship. We believe all went well.

  • March 2, 2010 – Mickey called to return to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan on March 23rd (after almost 8 months of Administrative Processing). 

  • March 23, 2010 – Mickey’s visa application is denied.  Reason for denial: Investigator did not believe I was committed to marrying Mickey within 90 days of his arrival in the States on the K1 visa. Why? Because at the Feb. 16th interview with the investigator, I stated that I filed a fiancé petition instead of a marriage petition so that my kids could meet him first before we get married and be in attendance at our wedding. Investigator interpreted my words to mean that I needed to “understudy” my fiancé and that I wasn’t sure about marrying my fiancé.

  • April, 2010 – Attempt to overturn denial while case still at the Consulate: Letter sent from my attorney – Marc Ellis – to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan along with affidavits from friends and family attesting to the fact that my intention was always to marry Mickey as soon as he arrived here on the K1.  Attorney letter and affidavits never acknowledged by Consulate.

  • April/May, 2010 – Plan our wedding.

  • May 29, 2010 – Trip #5 to Osaka, Japan. 

  • June 1, 2010 - Get married!!!!!

  • June, 2010 – Upon my return to the U.S., file an I-130 petition for my husband to come join me in the U.S. on a CR-1 visa.

 

 

I, Minnie Mouse, declare under penalty of perjury that the above facts and the above timeline between my husband and me are true and correct.

 

 

 

_____________________________

Minnie Mouse

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE ZIP

 

 

 

 

Executed on this _______ day of _______, 2010

 


Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-June-2019/

Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

To show proof of domicile you need a bit more. Here's some suggestions fro the wiki.

 

Domicile

Please note, if the petitioner lives with the beneficiary abroad, you'll need to provide proof of US domicile with the AOS package, as well as bring it with you to the interview. Please read the I-864 instructions (pages 3 and 4) for information about it. This is NOT needed if the petitioner is living in the US. Here is a sample cover letter to include in the package (it lists MANY possible documents, some may not be applicable, of course, to prove that you have, or will re-establish, domicile in the US):


NAME

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

Form I-864

Part 4, Question 5: Country of Domicile


I, XXXX, am currently residing in FOREIGN COUNTRY with my spouse, SPOUSE'S NAME. Below you will find a list of attached documents to show that my principal residence is in the US and the steps that I have taken to return to the US with my family.


Steps I have taken to maintain US Domicile:

• Maintained my XXXX voter registration

• Maintained my XXXX credit card registered in the US with a US PO box

• Maintained my bank account at the XXXX Credit Union

• Maintained my bank account at XXXX Bank

• Maintained my XXXX drivers license

• Maintained my US retirement fund through XXXX

• Maintained my US investment account with XXXX

• Maintained my US PO box

• Maintained licensure by the XXXX

• Maintained membership in the XXXX

• Maintained my automobile in care of my parents


Supporting Documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Voter registration card showing permanent US address

• XXXX credit card statement showing US billing address

• XXXX Credit Union statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX Bank statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX drivers license showing permanent US address

• Retirement fund statement showing permanent US address

• Mutual fund statement showing permanent US address

• XXXX license currently up to date

• Renewal of XXXX membership

• County tax bill showing I still own a vehicle


Steps I have taken to return to the US to take up residence:

• Made arrangements for us to have a house to live in

• Contacted schools for requirements of things to bring to register my children in school

• Contacted my auto insurance company to find out about re-instating my insurance on my car

• Contacted shipping company for estimate of costs to ship belongings


Supporting documents for the above steps I have taken:

• Lease agreement for our house

• Email from schools regarding registration requirements

• Email from my former auto insurance company regarding my inquiry

• Email from XXXX with estimate and correspondence regarding shipping our belongings


I declare that I intend in good faith to re-establish my domicile in the United States no later than the date of spouse's admission into the US.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the statements in this letter and all accompanying evidence are true and correct.

Signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: ______________________

Actually its for my dcf here in the phililppines. They need my proof residency here in the phililppines i did include my recent renewed driver license and dual citizenship certificate since I’m a dual but they requested more. Would it be okie if i can include a rental agreement from landlord along with a copy the recipt. I’ve been renting a apartment since 2017 when got back from the u.s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joseph palafox said:

Actually its for my dcf here in the phililppines. They need my proof residency here in the phililppines i did include my recent renewed driver license and dual citizenship certificate since I’m a dual but they requested more. Would it be okie if i can include a rental agreement from landlord along with a copy the recipt. I’ve been renting a apartment since 2017 when got back from the u.s.

Oh sorry my bad. (haven't had my cup of coffee yet). 😊


Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-June-2019/

Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Just write out a relationship timeline. Dates and a brief word of what happened on that date. You meet, you n text, you called, you got engaged, you fly to them, meet family.

 

RELATIONSHIP TIMELINE 

           Minnie Mouse– Petitioner

 

           Mickey Mouse - Beneficiary

 


 

  • May, 2008 – Meet (put in names here) on the telephone via an introduction by my close friend, Goofy,

     

  • August, 2008 – Started e-mailing, chatting on Yahoo Messenger and talking on the telephone.

     

  • November, 2008 – Relationship progressing to a serious level. Made trip #1 to Osaka, Japan. Met his family and friends.

     

  • January, 2009 – Mickey proposed marriage over the phone. I accepted. We are officially engaged!

     

  • February, 2009 – I file an I-129F fiancé petition for Mickey in the U.S. on a K1 Visa.  I have kids from my first marriage and we thought it would be considerate to have them meet Mickey prior to marriage and be present at their mother’s wedding, therefore, petitioning for the K1 and not the K3 or CR-1.

     

  • February, 2009 – Trip #2 to Osaka, Japan. Our engagement party!

     

  • May 2009 – I-129F petition approved by the USCIS.

     

  • July 2009 – Mickey’s interview at the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. Request made by CO for more photos and e-mails.

     

  • August, 2009 – 2nd interview at the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. Present many more e-mails phone records and photos documenting our relationship. Mickey’s visa application placed in Administrative Processing status.

     

  • September, 2009 – Trip #3 to Osaka, Japan. Sweet reunion.

     

  • November, 2009 – Request assistance from my Congresswoman – Carolyn McCarthy - to make inquiries on my behalf to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan regarding Mickey’s lengthy AP.

     

  • December, 2009 – Case remains under Administrative Processing status.

     

  • January, 2010 – I make a request of the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan to meet with the investigator handling our case in hopes of expediting the lengthy AP period. Request granted.

     

  • February 8, 2010 – Fraud investigators from the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan pay a visit to Mickey’s parents house.  His parents confirm that our relationship is genuine and that they support it.

     

  • February 16, 2010 – Trip #4 to Osaka, Japan. Meet with fraud investigators at U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan. We are both interviewed separately and asked many questions pertaining to the details of our relationship. We believe all went well.

     

  • March 2, 2010 – Mickey called to return to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan on March 23rd (after almost 8 months of Administrative Processing). 

     

  • March 23, 2010 – Mickey’s visa application is denied.  Reason for denial: Investigator did not believe I was committed to marrying Mickey within 90 days of his arrival in the States on the K1 visa. Why? Because at the Feb. 16th interview with the investigator, I stated that I filed a fiancé petition instead of a marriage petition so that my kids could meet him first before we get married and be in attendance at our wedding. Investigator interpreted my words to mean that I needed to “understudy” my fiancé and that I wasn’t sure about marrying my fiancé.

     

  • April, 2010 – Attempt to overturn denial while case still at the Consulate: Letter sent from my attorney – Marc Ellis – to the U.S. Consulate in Osaka, Japan along with affidavits from friends and family attesting to the fact that my intention was always to marry Mickey as soon as he arrived here on the K1.  Attorney letter and affidavits never acknowledged by Consulate.

     

  • April/May, 2010 – Plan our wedding.

     

  • May 29, 2010 – Trip #5 to Osaka, Japan. 

     

  • June 1, 2010 - Get married!!!!!

     

  • June, 2010 – Upon my return to the U.S., file an I-130 petition for my husband to come join me in the U.S. on a CR-1 visa.

     

 

 

 

 

I, Minnie Mouse, declare under penalty of perjury that the above facts and the above timeline between my husband and me are true and correct.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________

 

Minnie Mouse

 

ADDRESS

 

CITY, STATE ZIP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Executed on this _______ day of _______, 2010

 

 

 

Is that a sample of the summary or relationships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joseph palafox said:

Is that a sample of the summary or relationships?

It's both a relationship timeline makes it easier to follow or you can just write yup like a page how you met and all that just easier to follow when dates pop out and you see what happened on this date.

And this timeline is real.


Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-June-2019/

Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, Joseph palafox said:

Hi im new here and where filing for dcf this month although we started last week however we where missing few things like a summary of relationships and my residency. About the residency i gave them my dual certificate and my current phililppines  driver license which my d.l was expired on 2013 and just had renewed this month of February. I need to ask if a rentals agreement that been notarized by a atty would be okie to complete my residency? ive been here in the phililppines since 2001 but went back to the u.s for vacation 2016 to 2017 for ten months. Regarding the summary ofe relationship does anyone know or have a sample on how? Please help we will be back at the u.s embassy in two weeks. Thanks 

Filed I-130 with the following documentation for Proof of Residency (PH) and Proof of Relationship, and my petition was approved in 4 working days with no additional requests for information:
 

Supporting Documents - Proof of Philippine Residency

1.      Proof of Employment

a.      Regularization Letter from Philippine Employer (1 page)

b.      Alien Employment Permit from the Philippine Department of Labor and Employment (1 page)

c.      Receipt from 9(g) Visa Extension with 3 years’ validity from Philippine Bureau of Immigration (1 page)

d.      Certificate of Tax Withheld from Philippine Bureau of Internal Revenue – BIR Form 3216 for 2018 (1 page)

 

2.      Proof of Residence

a.      Letter from past leased residence in XXX, Dates: XXX to XXX  (1 page)

b.      Current Barangay (Local Government Unit) Certificate of Residency for XXX (1 page)

c.      Current Signed/Notarized Lease at XXX (5 pages)

 

3.      Owned Property

a.      Official Receipt and Certificate of Registration for car owned by XXX (1 page)

b.      Bank Certification from XXX Bank in the Philippines, Joint Savings Account for XXX (petitioner) and XXX (spouse) (1 page)

 

Supporting Documents - Proof of Bona Fide Marriage Relationship for XXX & XXX

1.      Proof of Joint Residence

a.      Certificate of Residency from XXX, reflecting joint occupancy and move-in date (1 page)

 

2.      Proof of Legal Marriage

a.      Copy of Finalized and Filed Marriage Certificate issued in New Zealand (1 page)

b.      Copy of Original pre-Filed Marriage Certification, with signatures of witnesses and registry office official (1 page)

 

3.      Proof of Past Travel Together

a.      Flight Confirmation for trip from Manila, Philippines to New Zealand (1 page)

b.      XXX (spouse) New Zealand Visa Approval letter (1 page)

c.      Photos from New Zealand (2 pages)

d.      Flight Confirmation for trip to Cebu (2 pages)

e.      Photos from Cebu (1 page)

 

4.      Other Personal Support

a.      Photos of postage/mailing of XXX’s letter to mother regarding XXX (spouse) (1 page)

b.      Copy of XXX’s letter to mother regarding XXX (spouse) (5 pages)

c.      Personal Photos and Screenshots of Chats (10 pages)

 

NOTE: Everything was sorted and labeled, per the USCIS recommendations (labels on bottom, two hole punch at top, etc.) so it was very easy for the USCIS representative at Window 25 to check. 

ANOTHER NOTE: MAKE AN APPOINTMENT online for USCIS (https://my.uscis.gov/appointment/v2) to save yourself time. 

Edited by JordanT

Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines🏳️‍🌈
FEB 20, 2019
 - I-130 filed w/USCIS Manila Field Office (DCF) - $535 fee

FEB 26, 2019 - I-130 Approved (notified via email) 

MAR 04, 2019 - Interview scheduling instructions & case number rec'd from US Embassy Manila (via email)

MAR 08, 2019 - Medical @ SLEM (completed in 1 day) - P17,025/$323 fee

MAR 18, 2019 - Interview at US Embassy Manila (approved!) - $325 fee

MAR 22, 2019 - Text rec'd from 2Go, Visa packet picked up at SM Megamall (30 days from USCIS filing)

MAR 25, 2019 - Paid IV Fee online - $220 fee

-------------------------------------------

APR 08, 2019 - CFO GCP Session (scheduled) - P400/$8 fee

MAY 12, 2019 - Planned Entry at SFO 

-------------------------------------------

FEB 12, 2021 - Eligible to File I-751 (Removal of Conditions) - $640/$725 fee

FEB 11, 2022 - Eligible to File N-400 (Naturalization) - $595 fee

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...