IsabelleFredrick

What is yr length of relationship at interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Curious if anyone has had a short relationship by the time they had their interview, and still got approved?

I have visited my fiance in the US twice in the last year, and will have been together a year and a half by the time of our interview date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm curious about this as well. Me and my husband will have been married a little over a year by the time we expect his interview to be.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
5 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Curious if anyone has had a short relationship by the time they had their interview, and still got approved?

I have visited my fiance in the US twice in the last year, and will have been together a year and a half by the time of our interview date.

Some people have been in a shorter relationship before applying for K-1 Visa & were approved.  It's important to be able to show that you have a bona fide relationship & has the financial resources to sponsor your foreign fiance & if not, you can get a co-sponsor.  I believe that you are good as far as the time you have known each other.  Also, you have been face to face at least 2 tiimes.  Much success to you in jour journey.

Timeline
3 hours ago, PushaKee said:

This is a a great question. We filed for K-1 but by the time our interview comes around, we will have met at least 8-10 times in a year's span.

Great if you can see each other that much.  Also, if you are working, will you be able to take off that much time?  You have to qualify financially, unless you plan on having a co-sponsor.  I know the embassy for my fiance sometimes questions people about being away from their job too much or too long.  He is Nigerian, but lives in Gambia.  Each embassy might do things a little different, but they all want to make sure that you are earning enough as the petitioner.  Best wishes to you in your journey. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, PandT said:

Great if you can see each other that much.  Also, if you are working, will you be able to take off that much time?  You have to qualify financially, unless you plan on having a co-sponsor.  I know the embassy for my fiance sometimes questions people about being away from their job too much or too long.  He is Nigerian, but lives in Gambia.  Each embassy might do things a little different, but they all want to make sure that you are earning enough as the petitioner.  Best wishes to you in your journey. 

Thank you so much! My honey is also Nigerian but he lives in South Africa. Both of us are professionals so finances are not an issue for us. I have a lot of vacation time (equivalent to about 2 months a year) and I also own a consulting company which all of my business is overseas.  This process is challenging but worth it in the long run. We are committed to meeting up every 6 to 8 weeks if possible wherever we can. It's hard but we don't have a choice for now. In due time, all will be well with us and also to you and your love! Best wishes!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, PushaKee said:

Thank you so much! My honey is also Nigerian but he lives in South Africa. Both of us are professionals so finances are not an issue for us. I have a lot of vacation time (equivalent to about 2 months a year) and I also own a consulting company which all of my business is overseas.  This process is challenging but worth it in the long run. We are committed to meeting up every 6 to 8 weeks if possible wherever we can. It's hard but we don't have a choice for now. In due time, all will be well with us and also to you and your love! Best wishes!

Good for you.  I am happy to meet you.  Thank God, we are close to the end of our journey.  He is now just waiting to be interviewed in Dakar Senegal & hopefully my sweetheart will be here no later than end of May.  He plans on going back to Lagos to visit family before coming to US.  Much happiness to both of you & may your journey be a speedy one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PandT said:

Good for you.  I am happy to meet you.  Thank God, we are close to the end of our journey.  He is now just waiting to be interviewed in Dakar Senegal & hopefully my sweetheart will be here no later than end of May.  He plans on going back to Lagos to visit family before coming to US.  Much happiness to both of you & may your journey be a speedy one.

Definitely!! Much love to you all as well! May will be here before you know it!!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, PushaKee said:

Definitely!! Much love to you all as well! May will be here before you know it!!!!

Thank you my dear.  Much love back to you.  Enjoy your trips with your honey.  Soon you will be together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.