Jump to content
IsabelleFredrick

What is yr length of relationship at interview?

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Curious if anyone has had a short relationship by the time they had their interview, and still got approved?

I have visited my fiance in the US twice in the last year, and will have been together a year and a half by the time of our interview date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious about this as well. Me and my husband will have been married a little over a year by the time we expect his interview to be.


Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

   
   

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

   

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

   

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

2019-03-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Curious if anyone has had a short relationship by the time they had their interview, and still got approved?

I have visited my fiance in the US twice in the last year, and will have been together a year and a half by the time of our interview date.

 

Some people have been in a shorter relationship before applying for K-1 Visa & were approved.  It's important to be able to show that you have a bona fide relationship & has the financial resources to sponsor your foreign fiance & if not, you can get a co-sponsor.  I believe that you are good as far as the time you have known each other.  Also, you have been face to face at least 2 tiimes.  Much success to you in jour journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PushaKee said:

This is a a great question. We filed for K-1 but by the time our interview comes around, we will have met at least 8-10 times in a year's span.

Great if you can see each other that much.  Also, if you are working, will you be able to take off that much time?  You have to qualify financially, unless you plan on having a co-sponsor.  I know the embassy for my fiance sometimes questions people about being away from their job too much or too long.  He is Nigerian, but lives in Gambia.  Each embassy might do things a little different, but they all want to make sure that you are earning enough as the petitioner.  Best wishes to you in your journey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PandT said:

Great if you can see each other that much.  Also, if you are working, will you be able to take off that much time?  You have to qualify financially, unless you plan on having a co-sponsor.  I know the embassy for my fiance sometimes questions people about being away from their job too much or too long.  He is Nigerian, but lives in Gambia.  Each embassy might do things a little different, but they all want to make sure that you are earning enough as the petitioner.  Best wishes to you in your journey. 

Thank you so much! My honey is also Nigerian but he lives in South Africa. Both of us are professionals so finances are not an issue for us. I have a lot of vacation time (equivalent to about 2 months a year) and I also own a consulting company which all of my business is overseas.  This process is challenging but worth it in the long run. We are committed to meeting up every 6 to 8 weeks if possible wherever we can. It's hard but we don't have a choice for now. In due time, all will be well with us and also to you and your love! Best wishes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PushaKee said:

Thank you so much! My honey is also Nigerian but he lives in South Africa. Both of us are professionals so finances are not an issue for us. I have a lot of vacation time (equivalent to about 2 months a year) and I also own a consulting company which all of my business is overseas.  This process is challenging but worth it in the long run. We are committed to meeting up every 6 to 8 weeks if possible wherever we can. It's hard but we don't have a choice for now. In due time, all will be well with us and also to you and your love! Best wishes!

Good for you.  I am happy to meet you.  Thank God, we are close to the end of our journey.  He is now just waiting to be interviewed in Dakar Senegal & hopefully my sweetheart will be here no later than end of May.  He plans on going back to Lagos to visit family before coming to US.  Much happiness to both of you & may your journey be a speedy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PandT said:

Good for you.  I am happy to meet you.  Thank God, we are close to the end of our journey.  He is now just waiting to be interviewed in Dakar Senegal & hopefully my sweetheart will be here no later than end of May.  He plans on going back to Lagos to visit family before coming to US.  Much happiness to both of you & may your journey be a speedy one.

Definitely!! Much love to you all as well! May will be here before you know it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PushaKee said:

Definitely!! Much love to you all as well! May will be here before you know it!!!!

Thank you my dear.  Much love back to you.  Enjoy your trips with your honey.  Soon you will be together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×