13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Has anyone heard of a man getting a fiancé visa from Afghanistan recently? 

My fiancé is there now and has been waiting 6 months since his interview. Our case is in AP. Has anyone heard of AP taking less than a year for a man from Afghanistan in 2018/2019? 

I know 2 women who were only in AP for less than 2 months. But I haven’t heard of any men getting visas. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

According to USCIS website, there were 63 K1s issued in Afghanistan in 2018. It does not divide between males/females

Can you give me the link where you got this information?

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:23 AM, Klewis27 said:

My fiancé is there now and has been waiting 6 months since his interview. Our case is in AP. Has anyone heard of AP taking less than a year for a man from Afghanistan in 2018/2019? 

I know 2 women who were only in AP for less than 2 months. But I haven’t heard of any men getting visas. 

My fiancé just had his interview yesterday and was put in Administrative Processing.  All the collected from him was the financial packet and engagement photos.  Today they sent him an email and word document to fill out.  Did you get this as well?

Dear Immigrant Visa Applicant:

In order to continue processing your Immigrant Visa application, additional information is required from you.  Please read the questions stated below and then refer to answer part as highlighted below and write the answers in full details as requested.  Missing or unclear responses may delay the processing of your case.

درخواست کننده محترم  ویزه مهاجرت،

جهت ادامه پروسه درخواستی ویزه مهاجرت شما به معلومات بیشتر نیازاست.

لطفاْ در بخش سوالات مراجعه نموده بعد ازخواندن سوالات پاسخ های تان را دربخش جوابات بنویسید. جواب ندادن به سوالی و یا پاسخ نامکمل شاید منجر به تاخیر در پروسه ویزه شما گردد.

Question 1: Please provide a complete travel history for all countries visited or lived in, outside of Afghanistan or your country of residence, for the past 25 years. For each country, please include the dates you visited or lived there, source of funds, and length of stay.

۱: لطفاْ تاریخچه مکلمل از سفر های خارج از کشور تانرا که به مقصد زنده گی و یا هم بازدید از کشور های خارجی که در ظرف 25 سال گذشته داشته اید ارایه نمایید.

Question 2: Please list all prior passport numbers and the dates they were issued. If you do not have previous passport write N/A.

۲ - لطفاْ شماره  پاسپورتهای قبلی خویش را با تاریخ صدورآن ارایه نماید. درصورت پاسپورت سابقه ندارید بنوسید که ندارید.

Question 3: Please list full names and date of births of all living or deceased siblings) brothers and sisters including full, half, step, adopted), spouse (current, former, and civil/domestic partner), and children (including natural children, step-children, and adopted children.)

۳: لطفاْ لست اسامی و تاریخ تولد تمام برادران و خواهران حیات و فوت شده ی تان (برادران و خواهران مشمول تنی، ناتنی، فرزندی)، همسران (فعلی، قبلی و شریک زندگی تان)، و اطفال تان (اصلی و فرزندی) تان را بنویسید.

Answ 

Question 4: Home Address    /معلومات در مورد آدرس محل

Please provide a complete list of all your addresses for the last 15 years, if different from your current address. Please include dates (From Month -Year to Month -Year) that you lived in each address.

۴ :لطفاْ لست تمامی آدرس محل های را که در ۱۵ سال گذشته بود و باش نموده اید  بنویسید.

Question 5: List all the phone/telephone numbers, including the phone numbers you have used over the past 5 years.

۵: لطفاْ شماره هایی تیلفون و مبایل که در جریان 5 سال گذشته استفاده نموده اید بنویسید.

Answer 5:

• Phone Number: شماره های تماس

• Email Address: ایمیل آدرس

• Social Media: شبکه های اجتماعی

Question 6: Employment History: تاریخچه کار

List all prior employment(s) for the past 25 years.  Please include the dates you were employed in the occupation, the name of your employer (or if applicable, self-employed), a brief description of your work, and the office location (complete address, city and country)  

۶: تمامی وظایفی را که در 25 سال ګذشته انجام داده اید بنویسید. لست باید شامل تاریخ شروع وختم وظیفه، اسم دفتر، (وظیفه شخصی، اگر قابل اجرا باشد) و خلص وظایف شما باشد.

A

Note:

I understand all the information I have provided in, or in support of, this application may be provided to other U.S. government agencies authorized to use such information for purposes including enforcement of the laws of the United States. I understand all of the information contained in this form and I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is complete, true, and correct. I understand that any willfully false or misleading statement or willful concealment of a material fact made by me herein may result in refusal of the visa, denial of admission to the United States, and, may subject me to criminal prosecution and/or removal from the United States.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm sure it's just a lot more difficult of a process there because of the sheer number of radicals and those with I'll intentions towards the United States. The questions alone tell me they are just going out of their way to fully verify he has no ties to terrorist organizations or a shady past. If his history is clean and your relationship is bona-fide, stick with it and everything will work out. In the grand scheme of things, waiting a year for someone you'll spend the rest of your life with is not much to wait. 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, Klewis27 said:

Nope. My fiancé has been in AP for around ten months and we haven’t heard anything since then. Unfortunately for many people it’s taking a year or more  which is really frustrating. 

On 2/25/2019 at 3:47 AM, Maddy R. said:

My fiancé just had his interview yesterday and was put in Administrative Processing.  All the collected from him was the financial packet and engagement photos.  Today they sent him an email and word document to fill out.  Did you get this as well?

In order to continue processing your Immigrant Visa application, additional information is required from you.  Please read the questions stated below and then refer to answer part as highlighted below and write the answers in full details as requested.  Missing or unclear responses may delay the processing of your case.

لطفاْ در بخش سوالات مراجعه نموده بعد ازخواندن سوالات پاسخ های تان را دربخش جوابات بنویسید. جواب ندادن به سوالی و یا پاسخ نامکمل شاید منجر به تاخیر در پروسه ویزه شما گردد.

Question 1: Please provide a complete travel history for all countries visited or lived in, outside of Afghanistan or your country of residence, for the past 25 years. For each country, please include the dates you visited or lived there, source of funds, and length of stay.

۱: لطفاْ تاریخچه مکلمل از سفر های خارج از کشور تانرا که به مقصد زنده گی و یا هم بازدید از کشور های خارجی که در ظرف 25 سال گذشته داشته اید ارایه نمایید.

Question 2: Please list all prior passport numbers and the dates they were issued. If you do not have previous passport write N/A.

۲ - لطفاْ شماره  پاسپورتهای قبلی خویش را با تاریخ صدورآن ارایه نماید. درصورت پاسپورت سابقه ندارید بنوسید که ندارید.

Question 3: Please list full names and date of births of all living or deceased siblings) brothers and sisters including full, half, step, adopted), spouse (current, former, and civil/domestic partner), and children (including natural children, step-children, and adopted children.)

۳: لطفاْ لست اسامی و تاریخ تولد تمام برادران و خواهران حیات و فوت شده ی تان (برادران و خواهران مشمول تنی، ناتنی، فرزندی)، همسران (فعلی، قبلی و شریک زندگی تان)، و اطفال تان (اصلی و فرزندی) تان را بنویسید.

Answ 

Please provide a complete list of all your addresses for the last 15 years, if different from your current address. Please include dates (From Month -Year to Month -Year) that you lived in each address.

۴ :لطفاْ لست تمامی آدرس محل های را که در ۱۵ سال گذشته بود و باش نموده اید  بنویسید.

Question 5: List all the phone/telephone numbers, including the phone numbers you have used over the past 5 years.

۵: لطفاْ شماره هایی تیلفون و مبایل که در جریان 5 سال گذشته استفاده نموده اید بنویسید.

Answer 5:

List all prior employment(s) for the past 25 years.  Please include the dates you were employed in the occupation, the name of your employer (or if applicable, self-employed), a brief description of your work, and the office location (complete address, city and country)  

۶: تمامی وظایفی را که در 25 سال ګذشته انجام داده اید بنویسید. لست باید شامل تاریخ شروع وختم وظیفه، اسم دفتر، (وظیفه شخصی، اگر قابل اجرا باشد) و خلص وظایف شما باشد.

A

Note:

I understand all the information I have provided in, or in support of, this application may be provided to other U.S. government agencies authorized to use such information for purposes including enforcement of the laws of the United States. I understand all of the information contained in this form and I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is complete, true, and correct. I understand that any willfully false or misleading statement or willful concealment of a material fact made by me herein may result in refusal of the visa, denial of admission to the United States, and, may subject me to criminal prosecution and/or removal from the United States.

I think my fiancé got this before his interview and he turned it in the day of his interview. 

Timeline

I had my interview last week and after interview they handed me the yellow card and another A4 refusal paper. 

They asked for the IRS tax return transcript and after receiving that, further consideration will be given to my visa application. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If yes, what happened after they received the tax return transcript? 

Edited by HA&FA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Once they have the information they will continue processing the application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 5:47 AM, Maddy R. said:

Answ 

Answer 5:

A

Note:

Hi,  husband received the same document about a week before his interview. We filled out the form and sent it back. I believe this form was added in early 2018 or late 2017 as part of additional security measure. Hope that helps.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.