Chaudhary231

Administrative processing

62 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, Chaudhary231 said:
Hello. 

My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"

Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 

Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.

Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.

Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.

In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.

Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.

Interview went like this: 

VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)

Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"

Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.

Please advise.

Hey, I also had visitor visa interview early February 2019. Visa Officer took the passport, gave 221G and told me he'll email me and asked me to reply. I got the same questions in the email like you. I replied the same day. Since then no update. I want to ask you about the subject of the email you received which had the questions. Mine was this "NIV Additional Questionnaire for Last Name, First Name, PPT# XYZ". But the issue is the passport number mentioned in the email subject isn't my actual passport number but the name is correct. Can you tell me the format of your email subject? Was the passport number correct in the email you got?

1 hour ago, Tedy said:

Hey, I also had visitor visa interview early February 2019. Visa Officer took the passport, gave 221G and told me he'll email me and asked me to reply. I got the same questions in the email like you. I replied the same day. Since then no update. I want to ask you about the subject of the email you received which had the questions. Mine was this "NIV Additional Questionnaire for Last Name, First Name, PPT# XYZ". But the issue is the passport number mentioned in the email subject isn't my actual passport number but the name is correct. Can you tell me the format of your email subject? Was the passport number correct in the email you got?

We are in same boat. My wife was main applicant with kids. Subject was this..

NIV Additional Questionnaire for Surname: C***, Given Name: *****  (actual name)- PPT #****, Barcode #****

Everything inlcuding passport number is correct. I have put ** just for privacy. I think send them an email about your passport number mistake. 

Which embassy was yours? 

Edited by TBoneTX
personal details edited further

***MOD EDIT: Two blank and duplicate posts removed.***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

34 minutes ago, Tedy said:

I was in Islamabad. You also got the email from IslamabadNIVInquiry@state.gov? Did you get a confirmation of email submission or anything?

Yes same email address. No i didnt get any confirmation i wrote an email after 4 days asking them for email confirmation but i recieved a generic reply to wait for 60 days that's it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post containing personal information has been anonymized further, for safety in this very public forum.

A quote of that information has been edited.

A duplicate post has been removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Yes same email address. No i didnt get any confirmation i wrote an email after 4 days asking them for email confirmation but i recieved a generic reply to wait for 60 days that's it. 

What about your passport status on the CGI website and ustraveldocs? For the first 2 weeks after the interview, my status said that "Passport is still with the US Embassy" but for the last month it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" on ustraveldocs and email passport tracking. On the CGI website, Document delivery Information is blank.

1 hour ago, Tedy said:

What about your passport status on the CGI website and ustraveldocs? For the first 2 weeks after the interview, my status said that "Passport is still with the US Embassy" but for the last month it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" on ustraveldocs and email passport tracking. On the CGI website, Document delivery Information is blank.

I havnt checked passport status on any other website other than on ceac website since first day. It says administrative processing. On your query i checked cgi website it states the same "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Can you tell me what was your case and visa type? Or if you have posted somewhere in the forum before.

9 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

I havnt checked passport status on any other website other than on ceac website since first day. It says administrative processing. On your query i checked cgi website it states the same "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted".

Can you tell me what was your case and visa type? Or if you have posted somewhere in the forum before.

I also had B1/B2 Visa for a business conference visit. According to other forums and posts, when the passport status goes from "Still with the embassy" to "No status available", it is a positive sign and people get the visa issued in a week or 2 but in my case it's been a month, that's why a bit counfused

58 minutes ago, Tedy said:

I also had B1/B2 Visa for a business conference visit. According to other forums and posts, when the passport status goes from "Still with the embassy" to "No status available", it is a positive sign and people get the visa issued in a week or 2 but in my case it's been a month, that's why a bit counfused

To be very honest what i have read and i have read a lot on different forums and seen cases. Every case is different very low percentage of applicants applying for b1/b2 visas are being sent to AP from ISB as most of applicants for B1/b2 either get instant rejection or issued usually more AP is more in immigrant applicants. In our case my wife's parents are US green card holders before applying i had this in mind this could cause delays or rejection for her visa but 221g was the result.

Positive thing is they have took hold of the passport. If they dont want to give visa they would have returned and rejected it right there i suppose. 

Lastly, one of the guy here also applied on 22nd feb for b1 his status changed on friday haven't heard from him since then.

I hope we get it done soon IA. Keep us posted if you have any update. 

24 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

To be very honest what i have read and i have read a lot on different forums and seen cases. Every case is different very low percentage of applicants applying for b1/b2 visas are being sent to AP from ISB as most of applicants for B1/b2 either get instant rejection or issued usually more AP is more in immigrant applicants. In our case my wife's parents are US green card holders before applying i had this in mind this could cause delays or rejection for her visa but 221g was the result.

Positive thing is they have took hold of the passport. If they dont want to give visa they would have returned and rejected it right there i suppose. 

Lastly, one of the guy here also applied on 22nd feb for b1 his status changed on friday haven't heard from him since then.

I hope we get it done soon IA. Keep us posted if you have any update. 

Yeah this security background check is the main cause of AP in Islamabad lately. If someone is going to the US for the first time, background check will take less time as there's no travel history. But if you have been to US before, it takes longer as they have to do a background check in US too. I have been to US once before. These two people with similar cases like us got the visa in 20 days after interview.

15 minutes ago, Tedy said:

Yeah this security background check is the main cause of AP in Islamabad lately. If someone is going to the US for the first time, background check will take less time as there's no travel history. But if you have been to US before, it takes longer as they have to do a background check in US too. I have been to US once before. These two people with similar cases like us got the visa in 20 days after interview.

Yeh migh that be the reason my kids and wife are applicants here. They have traveled 4 times in last 5 years for not more than a month per year. Hoping for the best

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.