Chaudhary231

Administrative processing

62 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2019 at 12:41 AM, Chaudhary231 said:

Her parents. 

Her parents live in the United States? Well that would be a thing against her, they would assume she would overstay and adjust then. You have family in the states and so does she - it looks to immigration like the plan is to get all the families over here.

Edited by Illiria
Clarity

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

4 hours ago, Illiria said:

Her parents live in the United States? Well that would be a thing against her, they would assume she would overstay and adjust then. You have family in the states and so does she - it looks to immigration like the plan is to get all the families over here.

Yeah i can understand that. But in form we have mentioned we have not applied for immigration lets see what they do with our application

7 hours ago, Illiria said:

Her parents live in the United States? Well that would be a thing against her, they would assume she would overstay and adjust then. 

Won’t be able to overstay and adjust because she is not immediate relative category, don’t know all details but she’s clearly not unmarried under 21.

Edited by SusieQQQ

3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Won’t be able to overstay and adjust because she is not immediate relative category, don’t know all details but she’s clearly not unmarried under 21.

Stranger things have happened.

2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Stranger things have happened.

What exactly do you mean by that? She’s the wife of the OP, therefore she is not, by definition, an IR of her parents (even if she were under 21 and even assuming they are USCs which may not be the case). That makes her unable to adjust from an out-of-status situation. End of story. Overstay is only forgiven for IRs of USCs. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, Chaudhary231 said:
Hello. 

My wife and 3 kids applied for B2 visa on 22-2-2019 from islamabad US embassy. VO took their passports and handed them 221(g) white paper. VO said exaclty: " miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you by today reply to that email by today"

Which we did after 2 hours of email. It contains general questions like: 

Your passport numbers
Your siblings names
Your job in 15 years
Country visited in last 15 years source of funds etc.
General info.

Please advise what could be the reason or outcome? We are really worried.

Little background: 2011
My brother was LPR. 
My wife and 1 kid (had 1 kid then) applied B2 in 2011 rejected. I had valid B2 visa.

In 2013 my wife 2 kids by then applied for B2 visa. This time approved. I already had B2 again.

Now: in 2019
My bro is US citizen.
My wife's parents and her two 3 siblings are LPR now by F4 which they recieved in 2014-15.
I still have valid B2. Applied in 2017 and approved.

Interview went like this: 

VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)
Vo: who are with you here?
Ans: my kids
Vo: what do u do?
Ans: i am a teacher ( although mentioned in ds form i am sponsoring her)
Vo: what do you do sir? ( As i was with them inside embassy although i had valid b2 visa)
Ans: businessman( gave details well established business so no prob in that am sure)
Vo: do you have a valid visa?
Me: yes
Vo: pl pass me your passport.
Vo: ( after typing like ages gave my passport back to me)

Vo: ok i think thats all.
" miss ... I am keeping your passports, i need some more information which i will email you today reply to that email by today"

Thats it. Any clues please? my observation is that may be it is because of her parents or my brother they want to check for immigration status or something? As in DS form we answered we havnt applied for any immigration which in real we havent.

Please advise.

I had b1 visa interview 22 feb at islamabad. Got the same answer with 221(g) white paper. Sent answer of questions same day. Still in AP no update on case. All the best

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, Chaudhary231 said:

No update. No date change it seems to me a long wait now. But will update once there is any update. Do let me know yourself too. Thanks.

My case is updated today, but still in AP.. any update on your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.