Chaudhary231

Administrative processing

62 posts in this topic

Just now, Chaudhary231 said:

Agreed. So what do you think they will check whether any immigration petition has been filled for them or they are on constant risk to be immigrated to US?

They would be seen as being at risk of trying to adjust status while in the United States, on a visitor visa.  And yes, the embassy will be aware of any previously filed petitions or visa applications.

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

They would be seen as being at risk of trying to adjust status while in the United States, on a visitor visa.  And yes, the embassy will be aware of any previously filed petitions or visa applications.

Has an immigrant petition been filed?

I think it’s “normal” (current era) heightened scrutiny. The DS5535 type questions are security related, not immigrant intent related. If they suspected immigrant intent it would have been an outright denial, imo. Yes I get that maybe it’s suspicious the whole family wants visas. But it’s also totally logical and reasonable that the family wants to vacation together, too.  Again, I’d generally view it as a favorable indicator for both outcome and timing that the embassy kept the passports, though of course nothing is guaranteed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Well first time they were issued visa. I already had B2 at that time too. I understand what you say. 

We traveled since 2015 to 2018 4 times 40 36 33 16 days respectively once a year in summer vacations.

As mentioned in DS from i was their sponsor. They didnt look any document but he asked me about my business which i told VO (very well established business it is)

Is your business something you can do from USA or do you have to return to Pakistan?

What evidence did your wife present to prove her return to Pakistan?  Kids enrollment into school, lease or mortgage on home does she work outside the home or she a housewife?

The questionnaire is supposed to be given out to anyone to potential threat to US security.  It is a lot of times given to people who have traveled to banned countries...but in Pakistan it is given out randomly and more often these days.  

A young single male  Afghan born resident who somehow gets Pakistani nationality gets a visa with no AP but others who have never even traveled outside the country wait over a year some even housewives.  There really isn't much rhyme or reason.

27 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Is your business something you can do from USA or do you have to return to Pakistan?

What evidence did your wife present to prove her return to Pakistan?  Kids enrollment into school, lease or mortgage on home does she work outside the home or she a housewife?

The questionnaire is supposed to be given out to anyone to potential threat to US security.  It is a lot of times given to people who have traveled to banned countries...but in Pakistan it is given out randomly and more often these days.  

A young single male  Afghan born resident who somehow gets Pakistani nationality gets a visa with no AP but others who have never even traveled outside the country wait over a year some even housewives.  There really isn't much rhyme or reason.

No. Business is based and established with huge investments in pakistan cant be done from US.

Regarding wife'a proof to get back to pakistan VO didnt ask anything nor the questions asked by email have any. Yes one question in email stated source of income where i mentioned my business its turnover i.e in in millions of dollars and employees 600+. I mentioned everything. But he didnt ask or seek any other document nor info even in email it was said provide editable text as answers. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chaudhary231 said:

No. Business is based and established with huge investments in pakistan cant be done from US.

Regarding wife'a proof to get back to pakistan VO didnt ask anything nor the questions asked by email have any. Yes one question in email stated source of income where i mentioned my business its turnover i.e in in millions of dollars and employees 600+. I mentioned everything. But he didnt ask or seek any other document nor info even in email it was said provide editable text as answers. 

I would give them some time to look into things.   Once a questionnaire is requested visas are typically issued (except for Diversity visas) after an extended period.  If they weren't serious about the visa they would just deny on the spot and not go through the leg work of background checks.  Its hard to say why the questionnaire was given or how long it will take sorry you can't get more help than that.   

Hopefully you'll hear good new once the AP is completed.

5 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I would give them some time to look into things.   Once a questionnaire is requested visas are typically issued (except for Diversity visas) after an extended period.  If they weren't serious about the visa they would just deny on the spot and not go through the leg work of background checks.  Its hard to say why the questionnaire was given or how long it will take sorry you can't get more help than that.   

Hopefully you'll hear good new once the AP is completed.

Thanks. I hope that too. 

2 hours ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Well first time they were issued visa. I already had B2 at that time too. I understand what you say. 

We traveled since 2015 to 2018 4 times 40 36 33 16 days respectively once a year in summer vacations.

As mentioned in DS from i was their sponsor. They didnt look any document but he asked me about my business which i told VO (very well established business it is)

No you weren't. 

B2 visas from anywhere in the world does not require any sponsorship!  You can offer to pay for their expenses, but that's not sponsorship. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

7 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

No you weren't. 

B2 visas from anywhere in the world does not require any sponsorship!  You can offer to pay for their expenses, but that's not sponsorship. 

Thanks for your reply. But sorry to say i think otherwise. There is a question in DS form saying " who is paying for your trip". Anyways. Thanks again

5 hours ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Thanks for your reply. But sorry to say i think otherwise. There is a question in DS form saying " who is paying for your trip". Anyways. Thanks again

Hi @Chaudhary231

The word sponsorship can be interpreted differently. “Paying for the trip” is different than how true sponsorship is interpreted by people dealing with immigration. This is because, when a US citizen  or permanent resident sponsors a family member for an immigrant, they sign a document (Affidavit of Support), that is legally binding, that states they have the financial capability to provide for the family member. If the family member becomes a public charge, like welfare, after they arrive in the US, then the government can use the legally binding affidavit of support to sue the Petitioner who applied for the member. The AOS is a legal requirement by the US government in order for a person to bring over family. Your wife’s family had to sign a AOS.

For visitor visas, however, AOS is not a requirement. There is no legal support document require by the US government for a foreigner to get a visitor visa. So even if someone is paying for a trip, in immigration terminology, it is not a true sponsorship.

Furthermore, there is no mention  or process of “sponsorship” when a person applies for a B2 for tourism. In fact, there is a section on the US visa website that states that a affidavit of support is not needed....

“Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.”

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html#apply

Here is the US immigration explanation of sponsor.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/sponsor

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

8 hours ago, Chaudhary231 said:

Unfortunately your thought is incorrect with respect to a visitors visa. Pls see the post above this. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

On 2/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, Chaudhary231 said:
Interview went like this: 

VO: have you ever changed ur name?
Ans: yes once. (As my wife prev name was with father as surname now with my name as surname after marriage)
Vo: why you want to go to US
Ans: meet my parents my bro in law and vacations
( As from 2015 to 2018 we go every year for summer vacations for a month)

Your wife said she wanted to go to us to meet her parents or yours?

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, Chaudhary231 said:

My question is, is it normal or anyone has gone through such process what is the expected outcome? Should i be worried or just keep calm if its normal? 

Administrative Processing is normal, but no one here can tell how long it will last.  Unfortunately, additional background checks are not unusual for visa applicants at Islamabad.  Nothing you can do but wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.