Ola4Ola

CR1 visa approved but passport returned to Courier

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Samueladans said:

did he fill his ds form as married or single then

Married that's y he was denied and told to file for an immigrant visa.

Timeline

and before that time he didnt apply for another Visa because something must have triggered that action. 

No he didn't 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Samueladans said:

they will reply you soon to let u know why. and if they need any documents they will also notify you since everything is fine there is no cause to panic 

We even used a lawyer just so we won't run into issues. It's like waste of money honestly. This process is do heartbreaking seriously!

Just now, Ola4Ola said:

We even used a lawyer just so we won't run into issues. It's like waste of money honestly. This process is do heartbreaking seriously!

was any of you married before? dont give up dont be tired some unexpected situations occur in life but we wont relent until we get what we want. you will get it soon

Timeline

was any of you married before? dont give up dont be tired some unexpected situations occur in life but we wont relent until we get what we want. you will get it soon

No we were never married before. Thank you for your words of encouragement. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Samueladans said:

you really didnt need a lawyer tho but since u have used him or her she should officially write to the embassy 

Lawyer is saying there is nothing he can do...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ola4Ola said:

No we were never married before. Thank you for your words of encouragement. 

Sorry does your spouse have any previous travel experience and hope he didn't overstay any of his visas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ola4Ola said:

A lawyer can't stop issues. Lawyers are only needed for legal matters. Sorry you are going through this but this happens alot trust me. And sorry you wasted money on a ticket. never ever buy a ticket until Visa in hand.  CO's change minds, Visa machines break, our systems get hacked and delays can be for weeks and months. Lessons learned o.

The process is like this a CO interviews the beneficiary. They may say approved or other things but it's the Supervisor over all the CO's that has final approval authority. So something the Supervisor saw that they needed to look into or more investigative information came in.

let me ask does your husband have children? You said he was never married but does he have children?

Have you and your husband gone over all the questions that were asked? Was there a particular focus on a subject matter?

Do you have red flags in your relationship? Other filings (you or him)?

Big age gap?

Short period of knowing each other?

only one visit and you got married haven't returned and visit was short?

Your next move call your Senator get them involved and tell them you were told nothing and you would like to know. See a lawyer will not look deeper, will not email, call or contact any representative to look into your case. They will shrug their shoulders and say "I don't know" as they collect your money.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

19 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Two important lessons for others to learn from this post:

1.  never buy airline tickets or do anything that requires a financial commitment until you have the visa in your hands, in your passport

2.  attorneys do not help at all in most cases, all they want is your money

I agree with not buying the tickets early but can’t they just leave the ticket open without cancelling ? A ticket once bought is good for a year . 

12 hours ago, Ola4Ola said:

Yeah, lawyers do not prevent or reduce the "running into issues."  They do not have special access to embassies or information that you yourself cannot get.  Nor do they make any part of the process faster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please read my profile, it has my full timeline.  We went through a lot with the consulate in Lagos. 

They initially approved my fiance and then called him back a few days later to interview him again.  He ended up being denied after the initial approval due to misrepresentation that we disclosed with our petition. 

I agree with dwheels- ask a lot of questions to find out what the concern may be!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.