TTG

UK-USA Moving Company?

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any recommendations for a moving company? I'm currently looking at Seven Seas move cube (freight) but reviews are patchy. Quote for door to door £1,348 plus $850 on the other side. All in all about £2,000

I've got about 20 boxes, and a bicycle. My worry is that shipping boxes separately will result in some getting lost. Move cube seems like a good idea as everything gets put into a big plywood container so it all stays together.

Seems expensive to me but I've also never done an international move before. Help greatly appreciated. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TTG said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a moving company? I'm currently looking at Seven Seas move cube (freight) but reviews are patchy. Quote for door to door £1,348 plus $850 on the other side. All in all about £2,000

I've got about 20 boxes, and a bicycle. My worry is that shipping boxes separately will result in some getting lost. Move cube seems like a good idea as everything gets put into a big plywood container so it all stays together.

Seems expensive to me but I've also never done an international move before. Help greatly appreciated. 

While having no personal experience in this, you can use the search bar top right of the page to search for UK moving or something, I know there has been several other posts about it and maybe you will find a good answer.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Just now, Ben&Zian said:

While having no personal experience in this, you can use the search bar top right of the page to search for UK moving or something, I know there has been several other posts about it and maybe you will find a good answer.

Thank you! Will do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Try this place out. Looks like a 20 foot container is what you need, and your door to door price seems about right. You could probably cut it in half if you go port to port instead of door to door, but this site will get you some good quotes pretty easily.

https://www.movehub.com/us/

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

Try this place out. Looks like a 20 foot container is what you need, and your door to door price seems about right. You could probably cut it in half if you go port to port instead of door to door, but this site will get you some good quotes pretty easily.

https://www.movehub.com/us/

Thank you!

• 7 months later...

I don't really see a problem with shipping things separately if you decide to do that. The only down side might be that all the boxes don't arrive at the same time, though I'd probably want everything shipped together for ease and simplicity. I've used a mover from UK to New York called A1Auto Transport and they were affordable and efficient in my estimation. 

I've got 24 medium-size boxes and a couple of pieces of small furniture coming via https://www.shipit.co.uk and they basically palletise your stuff and ship it over.

Cost me under 900 GBP but I'm looking at almost $400 in fees for it once it arrives in port (this is an extra fee and they do warn that port fees are not in their bill UKside). 

Still waiting arrival so I can't fully review but their UK-side service was very good. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.