Nature Boy 2.0

NATIONAL SECURITY Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

109 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

(from Wikipedia)

What business(es) have elected not to serve gays and got away with it?

My transexual friends use bathrooms of either gender... beat THAT, if you will!

The ball is back in your court.

The Colorado baker who was discussed ad nauseam on this site. He even got enough support for a free legal defense.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

The Colorado baker who was discussed ad nauseam on this site. He even got enough support for a free legal defense.

Notice I said “and got away with it”....  If you think this guy’s life has been easy the past few years, you are likely wrong.

https://www.apnews.com/1a242f6d02d54cc68963a18e9ee3ede5 

Just now, ALFKAD said:

Notice I said “and got away with it”....  If you think this guy’s life has been easy the past few years, you are likely wrong.

https://www.apnews.com/1a242f6d02d54cc68963a18e9ee3ede5 

I guess you have to define what did you mean exactly by "got away with it"? The bakery is still in business. He has his supporters and his detractors, as would any business that becomes involved in a controversial and high profile legal case. He did not get immunity from further discrimination lawsuits. At least the Yelp review page is no longer under review.

11 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I guess you have to define what did you mean exactly by "got away with it"? The bakery is still in business. He has his supporters and his detractors, as would any business that becomes involved in a controversial and high profile legal case. He did not get immunity from further discrimination lawsuits. At least the Yelp review page is no longer under review.

So his business has suffered somewhat due to his personal beliefs, as it should.  And it will continue only if enough people feel the same as he does, which it might.

I support anyone’s right to be LGBT.  Doesn’t mean I have to carry a torch for them, nor change my personal life to accommodate them.  As long as they don’t interfere with my belief system, they are entitled to enjoy their belief system to the max.

5 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

So his business has suffered somewhat due to his personal beliefs, as it should.  And it will continue only if enough people feel the same as he does, which it might.

I support anyone’s right to be LGBT.  Doesn’t mean I have to carry a torch for them, nor change my personal life to accommodate them.  As long as they don’t interfere with my belief system, they are entitled to enjoy their belief system to the max.

The first time I googled the shop he had a few Google and Yelp reviews. Now he has 100's. I'm not sure this hurt his business overall, although he has certainly had more legal issues than anyone would ever imagine a baker could have.

5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The first time I googled the shop he had a few Google and Yelp reviews. Now he has 100's. I'm not sure this hurt his business overall, although he has certainly had more legal issues than anyone would ever imagine a baker could have.

Yep. Now were it me, and I was baking something for a profit, I would not care one bit who was paying me to eat my product.  Decorating a product to celebrate something which goes against your own personal religion... well, I think he should not be forced to do that. Religion, after all, IS one of the protected classes. The sexual orientation of one’s partner(s) is not.

But back to what @Unidentified and I were discussing... this one incident doesn’t mean that businesses across America are allowed to discriminate against LGBTs.  More might come from this, OTWT.

1 hour ago, Ban Hammer said:

every time you misspell a word, ewok reduces your upvote allotment by 1 and the mods sacrifice a kitten to the spelling gods. 
please think of the kittens!

I have minus 500k upvotes.

2 hours ago, Unidentified said:

Gay people can't adopt in all states without getting discriminated against. They can't get married in most churches. Businesses can decide not to serve LGBT people. Transexuals can't use the bathroom of their gender they identify with... Your turn. 

I will always support equal rights for gays.

I would pick up arms and go to war before I would ok forcing a church to marry people. I cant fathom anyone that loves liberty would be ok with that 

2 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

every time you misspell a word, ewok reduces your upvote allotment by 1 and the mods sacrifice a kitten to the spelling gods. 
please think of the kittens!

I dont believe in Ewok.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I have minus 500k upvotes.

you're more concerned about upvotes than kittens?  heretic!

29 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont believe in Ewok.

everyone says that until he jabs them with his spear.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Today Trump, when asked about this, said he didn't even know anything about it...  seems like a strange response.  The initiative is targeting countries globally where being gay is punishable by death, like Iran.  It could be that this initiative, led by the US ambassador to Germany, a gay man, is designed to put pressure on countries like Iran.  It has nothing to do with US domestic policy.

2 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Today Trump, when asked about this, said he didn't even know anything about it...  seems like a strange response.  The initiative is targeting countries globally where being gay is punishable by death, like Iran.  It could be that this initiative, led by the US ambassador to Germany, a gay man, is designed to put pressure on countries like Iran.  It has nothing to do with US domestic policy.

I did see an article yesterday from a LGBT publican that called this policy racist. I had to contact my little sis about this and she called it a "####### baiting article" that was only put out to get clicks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

(from Wikipedia)

What business(es) have elected not to serve gays and got away with it?

My transexual friends use bathrooms of either gender... beat THAT, if you will!

The ball is back in your court.

It's so cute that you sound so proud of yourself even though you clearly didn't read what I wrote. 

And I'm glad your friends are doing well because others aren't. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I will always support equal rights for gays.

I would pick up arms and go to war before I would ok forcing a church to marry people. I cant fathom anyone that loves liberty would be ok with that 

It is about equal rights. Gay people should have the same right as me to get married in a church. Works elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

It is about equal rights. Gay people should have the same right as me to get married in a church. Works elsewhere. 

They dont have a right to impose their values on someone else. How could you possibly think the state should fore a church to marry someone. I know several churches  that will not marry someone living together. Do I agree. No! Their church their rules.