JISnJRS

Accurate for a Spousal Visa?

26 posts in this topic

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/petition/submit-a-petition.html

After the petition is approved, Step 1: chose a agent? Step 2: pay fees, the fees are not available when the I-130 and 130A are sent in?

Collect and submit forms and documents to the NVC.

Interview: Prepare for the interview for the "APPLICANT" ? Do I have travel abroad to do the interview (if it is for me)? nothing done here in the

US? I know the fiance (now) spouse (later) has to go the Manila.

Thanks

Edited by Luk Dit Mo
spacing

pic2_2022.jpg.c44bdafe791ace24f3ee1b38379ac5ab.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Have you read and studied the VJ guides?  https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 minutes ago, missileman said:

Have you read and studied the VJ guides?  https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 

I read things everywhere, why my mind is boggled..😯

I did look at before, from what I gather the Payment is sent in and as well as the documentation involved. But The wife at that time has to do the intervie,  not me..

Edited by Luk Dit Mo
edit

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I'll look thru it later as save it on my Laptop.TY

The VJ guides are pretty good at explaining the complete process.......good luck.

BTW:  The "Applicant" is the foreign spouse.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, missileman said:

The VJ guides are pretty good at explaining the complete process.......good luck.

indeed!

6 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I did look at before, from what I gather the Payment is sent in and as well as the documentation involved. But The wife at that time has to do the interview,  not me..

Looks about right..

Edited by Luk Dit Mo
spelling

Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage

The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:

1.    Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

2.    A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

3.    Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

4.    Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

5.    Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the 
    marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address,date and place of birth 
    of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, 
    and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

6.    Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Any idea how put name 1, 2 (no lease, house paid in full),  and 3..

5) I already have people lined up for this.. They to be notorized?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as:

4.    Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

5.    Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the 
    marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address,date and place of birth 
    of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, 
    and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

6.    Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

(5) Affidavit definition from https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/affidavit

"A document in which a person states facts, swearing that the facts are true and
accurate. The person (the affiant) must include their full printed name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the parties, if any, and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the events.  The affiant should sign the affidavit under oath and the signature should be witnessed by an official, such as a notary public."

_________

The very best evidence you can provide is that of time spent together and continued communication.  Numbers 1,2,3 are not always possible for international couples.  While personal affidavits are useful in the absence of legal documentation (wills, insurance docs, etc), affidavits don't carry much weight..... 

17 minutes ago, missileman said:

(5) Affidavit definition from https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/affidavit

"A document in which a person states facts, swearing that the facts are true and
accurate. The person (the affiant) must include their full printed name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the parties, if any, and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the events.  The affiant should sign the affidavit under oath and the signature should be witnessed by an official, such as a notary public."

_________

The very best evidence you can provide is that of time spent together and continued communication.  Numbers 1,2,3 are not always possible for international couples.  While personal affidavits are useful in the absence of legal documentation (wills, insurance docs, etc), affidavits don't carry much weight..... 

Very good! I might ask a few neighbors who are interested that she comes here.. Time spent together, I spent a month with back in 2017, when we get married I will spend another month there. COntinued communication started in 2014 and we talk on Skype EVERYDAY 3x a day.. The reason it took so long traveling there I had to wait for my Workers Comp settlement.

Thanks for info!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

Very good! I might ask a few neighbors who are interested that she comes here.. Time spent together, I spent a month with back in 2017, when we get married I will spend another month there. COntinued communication started in 2014 and we talk on Skype EVERYDAY 3x a day.. The reason it took so long traveling there I had to wait for my Workers Comp settlement.

Thanks for info!

Make sure to include then pictures from visits (and the wedding), plane tickets, passport stamps, etc

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

2 minutes ago, LilyJohansen said:

Make sure to include then pictures from visits (and the wedding), plane tickets, passport stamps, etc

indeed, I have everything from the first time visiting there

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

Read those instructions again carefully.  What you have read FOLLOWS the words "In addition to the required...." AND "one or more of the following...."  Most newlyweds concentrate on 6. and use evidence of time spent together in person along with examples of how and how frequently they communicate.

Note that at the NVC stage YOU will be submitting an affidavit of support and supporting financial documentation.  YOU do more than pay a couple fees.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

49 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Read those instructions again carefully.  What you have read FOLLOWS the words "In addition to the required...." AND "one or more of the following...."  Most newlyweds concentrate on 6. and use evidence of time spent together in person along with examples of how and how frequently they communicate.

Note that at the NVC stage YOU will be submitting an affidavit of support and supporting financial documentation.  YOU do more than pay a couple fees.

I have no problems assemblying whats on the list, other than what to come up with other than # 5 #6 of the bonafide marriage. When will I be notified to send in support and supporting financial documentation, just curious.. whats the fees to be paid?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Luk Dit Mo said:

I have no problems assemblying whats on the list, other than what to come up with other than # 5 #6 of the bonafide marriage. When will I be notified to send in support and supporting financial documentation, just curious.. whats the fees to be paid?

Please read all the instructions carefully.  Read also the information WHERE you downloaded the I-130.  It will tell you about fees and where to mail the package.  Yes, you will be notified 7 to 10 months after filing the petition, that the National Visa Center (NVC) has it and is ready to move forward with the visa application.  That is when you will pay more (then current) fees and follow the then current instructions for the NVC stage of the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Are you even married yet? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

CR-1 Fees

$535 - USCIS Filing Fee

$120 - Affidavit of Support Fee

$325 - DS-260 (Visa Application)

$200 to $400 - Medical Fee

$220 - USCIS Immigrant Fee

$680 - ROC (if married less than 2 years at POE)

$640 per person Naturalization Fee

$85 per person Biometric Fee for Naturalization

$2,605 plus medical (per person if married less than 2 years at POE)

$1,925 plus medical (per person if married more than 2 years when filing)

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.