gb2018

Moving forward with process after NOA2

63 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

Our status moved to ready :) Tried to edit my last post but it was too late. Wondering also, how long does the interview take?

Have you paid the fee?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

Right, I was wondering how long the interview is. Does it take just an hour or a few hours?

If you are in the first time group of the day you should be finished in about 2 hrs. Or less

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you are in the first time group of the day you should be finished in about 2 hrs. Or less

That's what I'm hoping for.  Our appt is at 7:10am.  I want to make it back to the hotel in time for the free breakfast buffet, lol

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Is it allowed to schedule the interview online from the US on behalf of your fiance?

Yes.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/scheduling-interview.html

9 hours ago, gb2018 said:

Our status moved to ready :) Tried to edit my last post but it was too late. Wondering also, how long does the interview take?

Interview takes 3-5 minutes normally.

Whole process 1.5-2.5 hours normally.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 hours ago, Jay Jones said:

That's what I'm hoping for.  Our appt is at 7:10am.  I want to make it back to the hotel in time for the free breakfast buffet, lol

Yeah that probably won't happen sorry. But you can safely say you will get done by about 10-11 at the latest

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline
38 minutes ago, gb2018 said:

Does the embassy get the results of medical instantly or does some time need to pass between medical and interview? We are hoping to get it done in 3 consecutive days.

Your fiancee will hand carry the medical file to the interview.

I usually suggest to allow an extra day between day 2 of the medical and the interview, just in case of any hiccups.   Reason being the embassy requires a 24 hrs notice for cancellation/rescheduling the interview.    I know of a fair number that completed the medical and interview all in the same week.   I know of just a few that had a hiccup during the medical and without the extra day between the two didn't have the required 24 hrs.  .. it took some extra time and effort to get the embassy to open up the option to schedule a new interview.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Imo34 said:

quick question... can you take the cfo in manila but get your sticker with vih in cebu?

Yes, you can do that. We have had people do that in the past. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Imo34 said:

quick question... can you take the cfo in manila but get your sticker with vih in cebu?

absolutely!

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 hours ago, Imo34 said:

Yes. We did the reverse))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 6:26 AM, payxibka said:

Medical is walk-in only.   No appointment required 

Now I’m all confused. My friend (also a K1 beneficiary) who just left for the states said I need to book an appointment at St. Lukes for my medical. I’m now questioning this entire list she gave me for things I need to do once I get my NOA2. I’m all the more stressed out now. We were told by tier 2 we should hear something in the next two weeks. Our NOA1 was July 27th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.