39 posts in this topic

I-864 -  What used to be easily overcome with a co-sponsor is no longer so - example Philippines as of last month. Other embassies probably following the same directions. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Immigration is not playing games anymore...They are no longer lax as they used to be

1. Just because she had a co-sponsor that meet the income requirements her income is still too low

2. Ghana's embassy is no joke...even though it has improved recently....you have to visit...1 or 2 visits will not suffice....they are very big on face to face time

3. U had no info on the wife surgery or knew nothing about the co sponsor or how the brother in law passed away

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Immigration is not playing games anymore...They are no longer lax as they used to be

1. Ghana's embassy is no joke...even though it has improved recently....you have to visit...1 or 2 visits will not suffice....they are very big on face to face time

2. U had no info on the wife surgery or knew nothing about the co sponsor or how the brother in law passed away

I have shared on this before and what i did as i had a very hard time but the best way is to keep and show all receipts for you and your spouse and or fiance you have to do this with a long period of time to show your sincerity of a marriage my wife saved all receipts i had sent her for support for 3 years before she had her interview and they saw it was from that long of time and he asked no questions and gave her the visa in Accra and now we have a wonderful daughter 

IMG-20190217-WA0013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 6:18 PM, adil-rafa said:

the bottom line is

the CO saw many reasons to deny the visa

you can not argue his decision 

your wife can wait 6 or more months for the case to come back to the US and respond to the NOIR or NOID

but she will have to prove all that the CO determined was wrong

and i appealed a denial which i won after a year   in  the Court of Appeals

and the court said "marriage is bona fida .,,,  reapply"

so you and your wife need to work on the things that the CO found inadmissible like i stated above and reapply

i am not against you 

telling you what i see as issues

i would not have approved the visa either

so,  make the necessary improvements so you have a chance at the next interview

and BTW  she needs one or more trips to be with you

You stated you were denied and you appealed and won.

Can you shed any light on why you were denied and was it a CR-1 visa type too?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Zaczon said:

You stated you were denied and you appealed and won.

Can you shed any light on why you were denied and was it a CR-1 visa type too?

Thank you.

i will send private message

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 6:18 PM, adil-rafa said:

the bottom line is

the CO saw many reasons to deny the visa

you can not argue his decision 

your wife can wait 6 or more months for the case to come back to the US and respond to the NOIR or NOID

but she will have to prove all that the CO determined was wrong

and i appealed a denial which i won after a year   in  the Court of Appeals

and the court said "marriage is bona fida .,,,  reapply"

so you and your wife need to work on the things that the CO found inadmissible like i stated above and reapply

i am not against you 

telling you what i see as issues

i would not have approved the visa either

so,  make the necessary improvements so you have a chance at the next interview

and BTW  she needs one or more trips to be with you

Actually  his case won't be sent back to the USA.  However he will be able to contact the embassy and ask to resubmit a Co sponsor or more evidence that he would not be a public charge.  Denials based on public charge remain at embassy and do not expire.  Ask your attorney to inquire about what you could do. Also I think your wife's income is super low to sustain for herself on top of her age and current health issues became a factor.  Best wishes. I'm currently going through something similar. 

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There seems a number of issues to be addressed, the primary one currently is the Sponsor Income.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.