pauliska722

Letter of intent to marry

15 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, pauliska722 said:

Hi everyone!

I am confused because I know that my fiance needs to mail documents to Dallas but I do not know which address to put on a Letter of intent to marry , I mean the address of USCIS from Dallas or from Pittsburgh where my fiance lives. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

The entire petition with supporting documents gets mailed to the Lewisville, Texas lockbox address, which is on the instructions.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

The entire petition with supporting documents gets mailed to the Lewisville, Texas lockbox address, which is on the instructions.

Thank you! :)  I read that for U.S. Postal Service should be mailed to Dallas, TX and for FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries to Lewisville, TX. 

I have one more question about an expire date on the petition, there is the 08/31/2018 and I can not find a more recent one. Do you know anything about it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, pauliska722 said:

Thank you! :)  I read that for U.S. Postal Service should be mailed to Dallas, TX and for FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries to Lewisville, TX. 

I have one more question about an expire date on the petition, there is the 08/31/2018 and I can not find a more recent one. Do you know anything about it?

That’s for the USCIS budget. That form is still valid, don’t worry. 

1 minute ago, pauliska722 said:

I would not send anything to any address other than the lockbox.   That is how all I-129Fs are received and processed, regardless of carrier.

All of the downloadable forms on The USCIS site are considered current until removed/replaced.

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I would not send anything to any address other than the lockbox.   That is how all I-129Fs are received and processed, regardless of carrier.

All of the downloadable forms on The USCIS site are considered current until removed/replaced.

ok thanks a lot! 

seems like you know a lot so there is one more thing that bothers me.

On the petition it says to fill up an information about beneficiary's passport only if they are in the USA but on the instruction  how to fill it up it says that you must to prove these information. 

2 minutes ago, pauliska722 said:

ok thanks a lot! 

seems like you know a lot so there is one more thing that bothers me.

On the petition it says to fill up an information about beneficiary's passport only if they are in the USA but on the instruction  how to fill it up it says that you must to prove these information. 

Follow the instructions.  🙂

Just now, pauliska722 said:

Or I think it's just something extra like photographs and other additional documents.

We included a copy of my fiancé’s biographic, stamp, and B visa pages of his passport, as well as his I-94.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

For the intent letter to marry, I did not put any address but only this:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

You will be sending off this letter with other documents so you dont have to put the address on the letter.

I have written a blog about my experience: https://lifeofevesan.com/how-i-file-my-k1-visa-and-got-my-noa1-approved/ , I also have a suggested template that you might want to use to file for your I-129F based on reading visajourney and other sources: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hcHUrzRSnKvkcIvcssek1U5XSuDsj9q-56f1IK5VyYw/edit?usp=sharing

GOOD LUCK!

K1 Visa

9 May 2018 - Received Date for NOA1

3 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (on I-797)

5 November 2018 - Notice Date for NOA2 (USCIS website)

16 November 2018 - Received I-797 physical letter from USCIS

26 November 2018 - NVC received petition

8 December 2018 - Case Number Received!

26 December 2018 - In Transit

3 Jan 2019 - Case received by US Embassy Singapore

8 Jan 2019 - Packet 3 received!

23 Jan 2019 - Received Interview date 

30 Jan 2019 - Interview date and passed!

31 Jan 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Ready" to "Application Received"

1 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing"

4 Feb 2019 - CEAC Status Changes from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued"

5 Feb 2019 - Received e-mail/SMS to pick passport up

7 Feb 2019 - Visa and Package to be surrendered to US Immigration in hand

AOS

30 April 2019 - Package sent with FedEx 

1 May 2019 - Package received my USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

5 May  2019 - Fees deducted from Credit Card

6 May 2019 - NOA1 received from text!

27 June 2019 - RFIE received via text/email

1 July 2019 - Letter for RFIE received

2 July 2019 - Sent back RFIE

3 July 2019 - USCIS changed status to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence Was Received

11 Sept 2019 - Testing and Interview 

30 Sept 2019 - EAD Card Produced

2 Oct 2019 - EAD Card is being Mailed to Me

13 April 2020 - EAD Renewal NOA1

28 July 2020 - Case was approved for EAD

3 August 2020 - Received NOA2 (I-797) form stating that my EAD and AP approved

10 August 2020 - Card was mailed to me

11 August 2020 - Card was picked up by the USPS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's a statement of intent and does NOT need to be in letter format so the address is superfluous and unimportant 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.