Ramona M

K1 Visa denied Ghana! HELP!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ramona M said:

Hello everyone,  

My fiance had his interview today, and he was denied because the counselor started that he didn't believe that our relationship was real..... He never collected our documents,  he just went ahead and denied our case. So, what can we do next?

Ghana is a tough embassy, original I-129f petition should have been heavily front loaded with information and evidence. They do not need to take any documentation at the interview as they generally can make a decision off the original petition.

At this point the petition will return to USCIS and left to expire. Really only option is to marry and file for a CR-1 (spousal) visa.

Are there any red flags in your relationship? Age difference, lack of in person time? Just filing for a CR-1 after marriage won't guarantee any approval unless whatever the real reason for denial is addressed and corrected.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Ghana is a tough embassy, original I-129f petition should have been heavily front loaded with information and evidence. They do not need to take any documentation at the interview as they generally can make a decision off the original petition.

At this point the petition will return to USCIS and left to expire. Really only option is to marry and file for a CR-1 (spousal) visa.

Are there any red flags in your relationship? Age difference, lack of in person time? Just filing for a CR-1 after marriage won't guarantee any approval unless whatever the real reason for denial is addressed and corrected.

Our original petition had lots of evidence when I submitted the application. I have been to Ghana 3 times within a year, I make over $65000 annually, 2500 pages plus worth of chats, 400 pages  worth of call logs etc..wever ,the only thing that I can think of as to why he denied our case, is because I'm 15 years older. His only reason was he didn't think that our relationship was real and denied our case.

Just now, Ramona M said:

Our original petition had lots of evidence when I submitted the application. I have been to Ghana 3 times within a year, I make over $65000 annually, 2500 pages plus worth of chats, 400 pages  worth of call logs etc..wever ,the only thing that I can think of as to why he denied our case, is because I'm 15 years older. His only reason was he didn't think that our relationship was real and denied our case.

I have to withdraw the case with the USCIS before applying for the CR-1 correct? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ramona M said:

Yea large age differences are one of the signs they look for as it seems out of the normal tradition/cultural norm. It can be overcome, but definately requires going for the CR-1 visa. I would write to them and ask for an official withdraw/cancellation of the petition otherwise it will sit there for months before you hear anything.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Yea large age differences are one of the signs they look for as it seems out of the normal tradition/cultural norm. It can be overcome, but definately requires going for the CR-1 visa. I would write to them and ask for an official withdraw/cancellation of the petition otherwise it will sit there for months before you hear anything.

How soon can I write them as I'm still here in Ghana? We genuinely love each other and for someone to decide that a couples relationship isn't "real", shouldn't be left up to the counselor's to decide what's love and what isn't! 

Edited by Ramona M

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ramona M said:

How soon can I write them as I'm still here in Ghana?

How long it actually takes to get back to USCIS i'm not sure, but I'd think within a couple weeks you could mail them about it. It's early in the US so a lot of the really knowledgeable members are probably asleep or just getting up, so they should be able to perhaps give more details. I'm in Denmark right now for work so only reason I'm even on now.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

2 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

How long it actually takes to get back to USCIS i'm not sure, but I'd think within a couple weeks you could mail them about it. It's early in the US so a lot of the really knowledgeable members are probably asleep or just getting up, so they should be able to perhaps give more details. I'm in Denmark right now for work so only reason I'm even on now.

😊 thank you @Ben&Zian! I will look into this soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.