ashcashbananas

Cancelled Interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my husband's visa interview was scheduled for tomorrow, february 14th. he received a call just before 5pm today saying that his interview is cancelled because they have some issues at the consulate.

what are we supposed to do now? i'm so devastated that they did this. :( 

i spoke with a girl who told me that her husband is in a group on facebook where a girl has posted that the same happened to her. she had an interview scheduled for tomorrow and it was cancelled today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

my husband's visa interview was scheduled for tomorrow, february 14th. he received a call just before 5pm today saying that his interview is cancelled because they have some issues at the consulate.

what are we supposed to do now? i'm so devastated that they did this. :( 

i spoke with a girl who told me that her husband is in a group on facebook where a girl has posted that the same happened to her. she had an interview scheduled for tomorrow and it was cancelled today.

Did they say anything about rescheduling? I would contact the consulate tomorrow (if they're available) and ask what to do. I would imagine they would reschedule asap, but idk how Morocco works tbh

Timeline
3 hours ago, C90 said:

Did they say anything about rescheduling? I would contact the consulate tomorrow (if they're available) and ask what to do. I would imagine they would reschedule asap, but idk how Morocco works tbh

he said that the man he spoke with told him that we should have received emails about this (we didn't) and they would be able to give us a new date sometime next week. I think I'm just going to call in case. My husband said the man was using Arabic slang words. He said it was so unprofessional that he didn't believe it, he felt it was a scam. But, the call really came from the Consulate. It matches their phone number. I'm just feeling so overwhelmed.

7 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

he said that the man he spoke with told him that we should have received emails about this (we didn't) and they would be able to give us a new date sometime next week. I think I'm just going to call in case. My husband said the man was using Arabic slang words. He said it was so unprofessional that he didn't believe it, he felt it was a scam. But, the call really came from the Consulate. It matches their phone number. I'm just feeling so overwhelmed.

AWWWW...I hope that you get your date soon, I feel badly that you are going thru this but all will work itself out. They seem to be going thru something there for sure, they are slow in scheduling interviews it seems and they are so far out for some reason. Hang in there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

I would def call to check up, just to be sure. Hopefully heel have a new interview soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

since  i   get so many calls  where the person is able to route it thru a US number and he is a scammer from elsewhere (I have even got them showing coming from my own phone )

and add the person used Arabic slang words,   I would assume the person may have had the ability to reroute the call showing it came from the embassy

so, i would go to Casa prepared to take the interview just in case this was a scam

just in case the call was fake

Timeline
3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

since  i   get so many calls  where the person is able to route it thru a US number and he is a scammer from elsewhere (I have even got them showing coming from my own phone )

and add the person used Arabic slang words,   I would assume the person may have had the ability to reroute the call showing it came from the embassy

so, i would go to Casa prepared to take the interview just in case this was a scam

just in case the call was fake

Her husband's interview was today though. I think it's too late for them to take this advice. . It's odd that OP spoke with someone else who had the same thing happen to them. Hopefully it wasn't a scam.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
3 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

Her husband's interview was today though. I think it's too late for them to take this advice. . It's odd that OP spoke with someone else who had the same thing happen to them. Hopefully it wasn't a scam.

i  say maybe a scam  as we both know there is a lot of jealousy in Morocco

and it was stated the person talked in Arabic slang

so much jealousy,  that they try to hurt another's chances for a visa

and the smart ones don't tell anyone they are going for an interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

i  say maybe a scam  as we both know there is a lot of jealousy in Morocco

and it was stated the person talked in Arabic slang

so much jealousy,  that they try to hurt another's chances for a visa

and the smart ones don't tell anyone they are going for an interview

He did go to the Consulate anyway, and the guard wouldn't let him in.

He told my husband that his name wasn't on the list. But, there was a woman there for her interview and she was allowed inside.

7 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

He told my husband that his name wasn't on the list. But, there was a woman there for her interview and she was allowed inside.

There's a fb group for Morocco and there have been a few other cancellations in the last couple of days, so there's definitely something happening at the consulate, I just hope that your wait is not that much longer, this is so f*d up but the bright side is that you'll get an interview and it's nothing personal . Good luck to you , everything will be alright, God willing.

Timeline
10 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

2 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

There's a fb group for Morocco and there have been a few other cancellations in the last couple of days, so there's definitely something happening at the consulate, I just hope that your wait is not that much longer, this is so f*d up but the bright side is that you'll get an interview and it's nothing personal . Good luck to you , everything will be alright, God willing.

that is so strange! @ashcashbananas I really hope your husband gets some answers because this just doesn't seem right.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline

when Adil went for his 2015 interview ,  the computers were down

they approved him and said come back  in  a week for fingerprints and to pick up the visa  (when Aramex was suppose to do the deliivery)

and we know the internet is on and off and has issues in Casa  embassy  so perhaps getting computer information from the US and being able to imput the new interview  info is slow and /or stopped a lot still to this day

I would also add the number of ds 5535 they are giving out now  have to be investigated and their time is spent with this additonal work ( the form is a long investigtion proceedure)  giving less time to new  interviews for several reasons  (like reinterviewing those that had to do the  form)

Or the interviews now because of the ds5535 are taking longer than the alloted 15 minutes and they haven't adjusted for CR1  scheduling between NVC and whoever at the embassy does the schedules

we  also  know NVC  just shoots the K1 package  out to the embassy  and there is now a hugh rise in number of K1 applications  in  Morocco  and  the scheduling is  a mess

Timeline
12 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

when Adil went for his 2015 interview ,  the computers were down

they approved him and said come back  in  a week for fingerprints and to pick up the visa  (when Aramex was suppose to do the deliivery)

and we know the internet is on and off and has issues in Casa  embassy  so perhaps getting computer information from the US and being able to imput the new interview  info is slow and /or stopped a lot still to this day

I would also add the number of ds 5535 they are giving out now  have to be investigated and their time is spent with this additonal work ( the form is a long investigtion proceedure)  giving less time to new  interviews for several reasons  (like reinterviewing those that had to do the  form)

Or the interviews now because of the ds5535 are taking longer than the alloted 15 minutes and they haven't adjusted for CR1  scheduling between NVC and whoever at the embassy does the schedules

we  also  know NVC  just shoots the K1 package  out to the embassy  and there is now a hugh rise in number of K1 applications  in  Morocco  and  the scheduling is  a mess

We've been married 2 years and have finally been scheduled an interview just to be canceled the day before the interview! I'm SO frustrate. But, Allah is the best of planners.

Timeline

I really feel you but you’ll have Incha Allah a new interview, who knows maybe Thursday you could’ve had a hard interview? Scheduling a new one may be a chance to have a smooth day for your husband at the consulate, what’s going on at the embassy is out of our control, we contracted with patience since day 1 through this journey, it’s our best choice 

❤️

Timeline
1 hour ago, CappuccinoMo said:

I really feel you but you’ll have Incha Allah a new interview, who knows maybe Thursday you could’ve had a hard interview? Scheduling a new one may be a chance to have a smooth day for your husband at the consulate, what’s going on at the embassy is out of our control, we contracted with patience since day 1 through this journey, it’s our best choice 

❤️

yes, you're so right. inshallah ❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.