Visitor User

URGENT help - Change of Address not done

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

Just to be on the safe side. Just go to form AR-11 online and try to change it there, it took few days for me after I submitted.  I got an email the same day. But it will take few days before it gets approved on the website where you see your cases. If you have a seperate case number for I-131 then it will show up under that case number. 

Mine was completed in one day

Who makes the change of address change? My brother (petitioner) or me (beneficiary). What address to update to? His current address or myself? I don’t have a I-131.

Edited by Visitor User

Petioltioner would be doing I-865 (even if no I-864 has been filed) which is mailed in. 

Beneficiary only does the online AR-11. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
7 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Petioltioner would be doing I-865 (even if no I-864 has been filed) which is mailed in. 

Beneficiary only does the online AR-11. 

I-865 can’t be done online or over the phone?

I-130 has not been approved yet. It says Case Was Received). 

Which form needs to be done first meaning which form should USCIS receive first?

Do I put my brother’s current address in the online AR-11?

I-864 is my USC brother in Joint Sponsor under my AOS (USC Mother petitioner). 

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 hours ago, Visitor User said:

I-865 can’t be done online or over the phone?

I-130 has not been approved yet. It says Case Was Received). 

Which form needs to be done first meaning which form should USCIS receive first?

Do I put my brother’s current address in the online AR-11?

I-864 is my USC brother in Joint Sponsor under my AOS (USC Mother petitioner). 

Nope I had to mail I-865 in ( I am the petitioner who is also the sponsor) they send you a letter in mail back when they complete it.

I-130 doesn't need to be approved, just need to have proof that you submitted change of address, even if you take the mail slip that you sent or a copy of your I-865 to the interview incase you dont get the letter before the interview.

The AS-11 will ask for your brother's old address and to enter his new address so your technically entering both.

I am confused, so you have 2 sponsors, I-130 is you brother and your mother sponsoring you for AOS? so your brother needs to fill out the I-865 because he moved. your mother doesnt since you used her current address to file.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

Nope I had to mail I-865 in ( I am the petitioner who is also the sponsor) they send you a letter in mail back when they complete it.

I-130 doesn't need to be approved, just need to have proof that you submitted change of address, even if you take the mail slip that you sent or a copy of your I-865 to the interview incase you dont get the letter before the interview.

The AS-11 will ask for your brother's old address and to enter his new address so your technically entering both.

I am confused, so you have 2 sponsors, I-130 is you brother and your mother sponsoring you for AOS? so your brother needs to fill out the I-865 because he moved. your mother doesnt since you used her current address to file.

Yes, I have 2 sponsors with same PD. I-130 pending from my USC brother. 

I-130 from USC mother was approved and I filed for AOS when Visa became available.

My mother and I also moved since I-130 was approved. Do I need to change of address?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Yes, I have 2 sponsors with same PD. I-130 pending from my USC brother. 

I-130 from USC mother was approved and I filed for AOS when Visa became available.

My mother and I also moved since I-130 was approved. Do I need to change of address?

this have become very complex lol. i am not familiar with I-130, i didn't know you can have 2 family members petition for you at the same time.  If your mother's I-130 is approved already, why is your brother's case still pending? In my opinion, your mom takes the lead as the petioner? probably best to call USCIS customer service and ask them what which petitioner's address is more relevant. It can get confusing when you have 2 I-130 out there (one being approved and another pending) and I am honestly not familiar with the process. so I am not going to try to give any wrongful advice. but for the best of my knowledge, I would think your mom's address is what USCIS staff are looking at since hers was approved already.🤷‍♀️

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

this have become very complex lol. i am not familiar with I-130, i didn't know you can have 2 family members petition for you at the same time.  If your mother's I-130 is approved already, why is your brother's case still pending? In my opinion, your mom takes the lead as the petioner? probably best to call USCIS customer service and ask them what which petitioner's address is more relevant. It can get confusing when you have 2 I-130 out there (one being approved and another pending) and I am honestly not familiar with the process. so I am not going to try to give any wrongful advice. but for the best of my knowledge, I would think your mom's address is what USCIS staff are looking at since hers was approved already.🤷‍♀️

You can have as many sponsors.

All of us have not missed any mail though since we started the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just call uscis and see if you can update your addtrss ober the phone.  If not there is a form you can fill out.  Then uou csn follow up call uscis in a gew weeks to make sure.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, harvardiv said:

Just call uscis and see if you can update your addtrss ober the phone.  If not there is a form you can fill out.  Then uou csn follow up call uscis in a gew weeks to make sure.

There is the AR-11 online and the I-865 that the petitioner has to fill out and mail it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/13/2019 at 9:47 PM, Visitor User said:

Hello. My USC brother petitioned a I-130 in the F4 category, USC sibling. 

We never did any change of address since he has moved couple times and I moved once. The application is still pending and I would like to change the address. 

Who makes the change online? My brother or myself? Also, do we put his current address or my own? 

The NOA that was sent was to him has his then address on the I-130. 

I am also in a process of AOS through my USC mother and my interview is on 2/25/19. Would not changing the address on my brother’s petition cause any issues negatively on my current AOS process through my mother? My own address is current on I-485 and I-765 but we did not change it until we filed for AOS months later after move (I assume USCIS got my address from the I-485 application)?

You already have another thread for the questions above:

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline