Hopeful1981

I 134 help

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone... the DS 160 is finally filled out and we are looking at the I 134... my actual w-2 stated that I made 27,000 however I got a promotion and a raise and my income letter from my employer shows I know am a full time employee at 36,000 a year... based upon my w-2 my income is not high enough.... anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hopeful1981 said:

Hello everyone... the DS 160 is finally filled out and we are looking at the I 134... my actual w-2 stated that I made 27,000 however I got a promotion and a raise and my income letter from my employer shows I know am a full time employee at 36,000 a year... based upon my w-2 my income is not high enough.... anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas...

We can't help without specific information. How large is your household size plus your fiance'?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

We can't help without specific information. How large is your household size plus your fiance'?

it will be a total of 5 and thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So,  you need $29420 at the K1  level

later for AOS you will need 125%  $36775

you can submit the employee letter but depending on the country of interview,   this may or may not be accepted and they could ask for cosponsor

much may depend on when you started the new raise

you will still have to submit the most recent year of tax information / IRS transcripts are the best way and free to get if you walk into any IRS office with ID and SS card

2017 if interview before April 15th

2018 if after that date

it is always best to do a timeline here on your profile and let the VJ community know what country and embassy you are dealing with

Timeline
17 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you can submit the employee letter but depending on the country of interview,   this may or may not be accepted and they could ask for cosponsor

you will still have to submit the most recent year of tax information / IRS transcripts are the best way and free to get if you walk into any IRS office with ID and SS card

2018 if after that date

it is always best to do a timeline here on your profile and let the VJ community know what country and embassy you are dealing with

hello everyone...my lawyer has advised that we will prepare a joint sponsor should they need it at the time of the interview just in case....:)

9 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

2018 if after that date

IRS offices are not taking walk-ins without an appointment. https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office  You have to make an appointment via a phone call to walk in now. I ordered mine online and had them mailed to me. I received them in 7 days. There is supposed to be a way that you can verify your identity online and have access to the transcripts immediately. I could not get it to work and others here have also reported problems with that method.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, boris64 said:

IRS offices are not taking walk-ins without an appointment. https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office  You have to make an appointment via a phone call to walk in now. I ordered mine online and had them mailed to me. I received them in 7 days. There is supposed to be a way that you can verify your identity online and have access to the transcripts immediately. I could not get it to work and others here have also reported problems with that method.

Glad  i live in  a small  city

I walked in and got mine

2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Glad  i live in  a small  city

I walked in and got mine

Not a chance in Saint Louis)))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Not a chance in Saint Louis)))))

I got mine in the mail and the joint sponsor ordered theirs now we will just wait the arrival...

Timeline
19 hours ago, Hobidyali said:

I believe that current income is what counts, am I wrong??  If in 2017 you made $27000 but currently you are making what you need to qualify, doesn't that qualify you? Isn't current income THE determining factor?

could not find it for I 134 but I 864 says this:

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

at first i put my "this year's income" for current  as mine  is set in concrete and NVC  made me do it over and put the last year tax return as the current

the old instructions use to actually say current year is the last year of filing

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, Hopeful1981 said:

hello everyone...my lawyer has advised that we will prepare a joint sponsor should they need it at the time of the interview just in case....:)

You will almost definitely need a joint sponsor in JA 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.