PoojaCh

Need help!!! I-130

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 3:25 AM, PoojaCh said:

Hello guys, 

I am in need of help. I would really appreciate your feedback/suggestions. I got married to my husband(USC) on Nov 30 2018. We’ve been together for the past two years. I met him when I was working in the US. I had to come back to my country(India) cause my work visa extension was denied due to some document issue. So now we are planning to apply for I-130 and we’ve hired a lawyer. As an evidence, we are submitting below documents: 

1. marriage certificate 
  2. Proof of my husband’s citizenship( birth certificate)
  3. His moms ID (lawyer asked for it)
  4. My husband’s bank statements, pay stubs, w2.
  5. My bank statements, paystubs, Income tax return form.
  6. Our wedding pictures, a few pictures from when I was in the US with him, a few more pictures from his last trip to India( when we got married), 
  7. We are planning to include his tickets to India in March( he is coming to visit me) but my lawyer says that’s not going to help.
  8. We’re planning to include our daily chats(not the whole conversation cause it’s too long) but my lawyer says either upload the whole chat or don’t upload it at all cause the government might ask why did you add only a few screenshots and would want to know our conversation.
  9. Our call logs (audio and video) cause we are always on the phone but my lawyer says that’s not a proof of marriage and even friends can talk every day and night( that was so weird). 
  10. Life insurance: he added me as his beneficiary.
  11. We managed to create a joint bank account but that doesn’t have any transaction so we are planning to do it every month from now on but my lawyer said that can be used at nvc stage but not now.
  12. He is going to file his taxes this time as married so we can include that as well.

My lawyer says your case is weak since we haven’t lived together and he comes to visit me for only 10 days. I can’t ask my husband to quit his job and come stay with me cause we need to show financial support and it’s not possible for him to find a job here. I don’t know what to do. Please help me!!

No comment on your lawyer.  I just posted the below in another thread.  Also, you absolutely should include tickets/itineraries/copies of passports for all trips for which you both went to visit each other.  The joint bank account is fine and it is better to front load your application now rather than waiting for the NVC stage.

It's been 3 years since we sent in i-130, but we included the following:

* Notarized statement from petitioner describing how we met, relationship etc

* Years worth of phone call records from calling cards
* Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations (not every single chat; more or less every other month or so to show continued communication)
* Pictures from all trips and, our engagement and our wedding.  Most pictures were with other people in them.  Pictures included family members and friends of both sides
* Flight itineraries and boarding passes of all trips to see each other, and hotel reservations/bills along with copies of both passports to show stamps matching up to trips
* Greeting cards to each other (Birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day etc)
* Life insurance policy showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Retirement (401K) statement showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Receipts of gifts bought for each other
* Confirmation of delivery for flowers bought for birthdays and Valentine's day
* Copy of same credit card of both beneficiary and petitioner (spouse was added as an authorized user [social security number is not needed for this])

Good luck!

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 10:38 AM, Duncan21 said:

No comment on your lawyer.  I just posted the below in another thread.  Also, you absolutely should include tickets/itineraries/copies of passports for all trips for which you both went to visit each other.  The joint bank account is fine and it is better to front load your application now rather than waiting for the NVC stage.

It's been 3 years since we sent in i-130, but we included the following:

* Notarized statement from petitioner describing how we met, relationship etc

* Years worth of phone call records from calling cards
* Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations (not every single chat; more or less every other month or so to show continued communication)
* Pictures from all trips and, our engagement and our wedding.  Most pictures were with other people in them.  Pictures included family members and friends of both sides
* Flight itineraries and boarding passes of all trips to see each other, and hotel reservations/bills along with copies of both passports to show stamps matching up to trips
* Greeting cards to each other (Birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day etc)
* Life insurance policy showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Retirement (401K) statement showing applicant as beneficiary (social security number was not required)
* Receipts of gifts bought for each other
* Confirmation of delivery for flowers bought for birthdays and Valentine's day
* Copy of same credit card of both beneficiary and petitioner (spouse was added as an authorized user [social security number is not needed for this])

Good luck!

Thank you! We will just have one transaction in our joint account. Should we still add that as an evidence?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, PoojaCh said:

Thank you! We will just have one transaction in our joint account. Should we still add that as an evidence?

Yes you should. 

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.