rae24

B2 Overstay / 212 D 3 Waiver

22 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I've made a mistake 4 years ago for overstaying my B2 visa. I've made a choice due to family matters. Taking care of my grandmother.

I'm on a 10years barred from entering coz it's more than a year. I departed voluntarily and no removal proceedings and I have no criminal record.

I am a Canadian PR for 2 years now, I would like apply for a b2 visa again and the 212 d 3 waiver, I would like to get some info on the procedure of this.

or any suggestions. I just want to travel again through border on a long weekend and or visit family there.

Thank you very much

21 minutes ago, rae24 said:

Hello Everyone,

I've made a mistake 4 years ago for overstaying my B2 visa. I've made a choice due to family matters. Taking care of my grandmother.

I'm on a 10years barred from entering coz it's more than a year. I departed voluntarily and no removal proceedings and I have no criminal record.

I am a Canadian PR for 2 years now, I would like apply for a b2 visa again and the 212 d 3 waiver, I would like to get some info on the procedure of this.

or any suggestions. I just want to travel again through border on a long weekend and or visit family there.

Thank you very much

I suppose you could try, but with a 10 year bar for a >1 year overstay, and with reason to do that again (family in US), I think your chances are nil.

5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I suppose you could try, but with a 10 year bar for a >1 year overstay, and with reason to do that again (family in US), I think your chances are nil.

Thank you for the reply. Yup, But i am settled here in Canada now with my wife, I can show that i have a strong ties here with 2 regular jobs and actually their both American companies plus i am a frequent traveller where i can show that i have visa in the other country like the Schengen.

Just now, rae24 said:

Thank you for the reply. Yup, But i am settled here in Canada now with my wife, I can show that i have a strong ties here with 2 regular jobs and actually their both American companies plus i am a frequent traveller where i can show that i have visa in the other country like the Schengen.

Like I said, you can try.  All you have to lose is the application fee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You apply for a B, if the CO would otherwise give you one but for the ban they will recommend you for a D3 waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 minutes ago, rae24 said:

Unless you have close family ties in schengen like you do in the US, it’s not a valid comparison. 

“2 regular jobs” doesn’t sound like a permanent employment contract?

You can try...but be prepared for disappointment. There are lots of forum posts of Canadians in similar situations to you who have had to wait out bans. I can’t remember the number now but there is a surprisingly high number of Canadians who overstay so having done it once just makes it hard to come back ...

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Unless you have close family ties in schengen like you do in the US, it’s not a valid comparison. 

You can try...but be prepared for disappointment. There are lots of forum posts of Canadians in similar situations to you who have had to wait out bans. I can’t remember the number now but there is a surprisingly high number of Canadians who overstay so having done it once just makes it hard to come back ...

Plus, he does not have Canadian citizenship nor mentions what his citizenship is.

19 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Thank you for the reply. I dont have family in the schengen, I just applied for a visa and got approved.

2 regular permanent jobs wtihe benefits not a contract. 

Timeline

Al you can do is apply and find out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

34 minutes ago, rae24 said:

Thank you for the reply. I dont have family in the schengen, I just applied for a visa and got approved.

2 regular permanent jobs wtihe benefits not a contract. 

Just applied for a schengen visa just like that? Did you get to travel there? 

You, like anyone else wiht $160 can apply and find out. What country's passport do you hold? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

7 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Just applied for a schengen visa just like that? Did you get to travel there? 

You, like anyone else wiht $160 can apply and find out. What country's passport do you hold? 

applied and of course like the usual supporting documents included. strong ties from your country of resident. Yes been there. i was given multiple entry.  Im from Philippines.

Timeline

Being resident in Canada no doubt helped with Schenegen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.